Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love for the starter to be Grass/Dragon, but I just don't see it happening. The starters need to be able to do super effective hits against each other, and unless the fire starter got Ice, Bug, Flying, Poison, or Dragon type moves(lol), I don't see it happening anytime soon.

A more realistic type would be Grass/Poison, considering it's based off of a snake. I doubt GF wants to make another one of those, so I doubt it on that part.

Maybe we'll just get another pure Grass type.

I am looking at close ups of the scans and can easily see the grass starter very similar to Roserade and getting Psychic if it's the Dark/Psychic/Fighting ring. It looks like it's wearing a cloak, making it even more elegant looking.

The pig reminds me of Chimchar when I think about it.....

The problem is

a) very low chance of a grass type learning E-Speed

b) very redundant coverage (normal + grass)

c) very low chance of another good Spore abuser

d) very low chance of Spore + E-Speed on the same Pokemon

It would work better on another Bidoof, seeing water + normal = unresistant bar Empoleon/Shedinja. Maybe just give it to the present Bibarel to abuse Simple + Curse + E-Speed. Then you might as well give it Yawn if guaranteed sleep is needed and Waterfall.
It's very simple:

Spore on turn 1, SD on turn 2, start Extremespeed everything (and it has STAB!).

But we won't get it.

PS: Grass + normal has a somewhat good coverage actually: Only 3 types resists Normal (Ghost is immune: Rock and Steel). Grass is SE on Rock and neutral on ghosts. Steel is always a nuisance.

The fire starter pig thing will be Fire/Ground when it evolves. Calling it now.
Also, the starters this time around don't look too bad, to be honest.

PS: Grass + normal has a somewhat good coverage actually: Only 3 types resists Normal (Ghost is immune: Rock and Steel). Grass is SE on Rock and neutral on ghosts. Steel is always a nuisance.
Yes, but I have tried Return + Power Whip and the # of Pokemon that resist it is annoying....

If the enemy is asleep, though, than priority isn't really needed....STAB E-Speed obviously makes it a great revenge killer, but attacking before the enemy doesn't make a difference when they are switching out/sleeping.....

Never mind, I forgot, you are using Spore to set up SD.....

I want to see what the new region looks like....It might hint what we will find there...

lol. But as I said, it looks more eccentric like Roserade which leaves me to believe it would be the Psychic type. Me and several other people mentioned the Pig being Dark...but that's mainly b/c it has the black skin patterns.
remember they have two more stages to go through. The smug/eccentric/stoner look of the Grass starter could completely change in it's middle stage. I don't think it's facial expression really influences it's type anyways. regardless, I say it looks more smug then anything; I hope the shoulder leaf things grow into something more leafy like a feather boa, making it look like some rich fancy diva. I would love that. SOOO much! I would use it over Bacon (stealing that from you) if it's final evo looked fuckin' GLAM STYLE!

Just watch them turn into wings while we get a Grass/Flying type.

@Airfoil: Well that's why you SD until they switch and use extreme speed on anything that comes in :P

If the game is more mature, would it reach rated T? Battle Revolution was a few feet from being T rated. It just needed more physical contact and displays of pain.

Yes, but I have tried Return + Power Whip and the # of Pokemon that resist it is annoying....
That's why i said Steel pokes are a nuisance...
And Grass is still resisted by a whole lot of typings, unfortunately.

Anyway: i don't know why, but i visualize the grass starter sharing a flying typing...

did someone said wings? please, i DONT want to listen to the word wings today

in the last pokemon episode a leafeon got herself a pair of wings and flew around the sky with a freaking leaf blade coming from the ass/tail.

has much i enjoy gimmicks, this one went a little bit too far.

Just watch them turn into wings while we get a Grass/Flying type.

@Airfoil: Well that's why you SD until they switch and use extreme speed on anything that comes in :P
I know. I typed that whole semi-paragraph then realized I forgot SD and didn't feel like erasing it all.

I would never in thousands of years expect wings. They look very small and more for design than functionality to become wings. This is why I'm sticking w/ my guns when I say it's Psychic or no other secondary type (subject to change if the evos come out, obviously, not too many assumptions can be made on typing until an evo is released. I really want to see the ring of Dark/Psychic/Fighting, though.....But the otter will probably ruin it seeing how ice type it looks)

remember they have two more stages to go through. The smug/eccentric/stoner look of the Grass starter could completely change in it's middle stage. I don't think it's facial expression really influences it's type anyways. regardless, I say it looks more smug then anything; I hope the shoulder leaf things grow into something more leafy like a feather boa, making it look like some rich fancy diva. I would love that. SOOO much! I would use it over Bacon (stealing that from you) if it's final evo looked fuckin' GLAM STYLE!
It reminds me of Roserade and Gardeavor which is why I insist it is a Psychic type.

lol. Bacon.

If I ever use it, that's what it's nickname will be. No questions....Although I am growing attached to the grass starter, w/ the otter coming up as my second favorite....but Bacon is still cool (don't plan on using it in-game, though, as I am sure everyone else will)

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
There's a very low chance of anything learning extremespeed, even normal, so I don't know why you'd single grass out. Of course, the Poke he suggested is Normal and Grass, so I still don't know why you'd single grass out.

Am I the only person that sees the Fire one as part Rabbit?
I originally thought it was a rabbit and made a prediction b4 they were revealed. It doesn't change much though, accept increase the chances of learning Dig. Might learn Bounce than, too, if it makes sense for the evos to bounce (probably not, though). Might also learn Mud Sport, seeing that's how pigs cool off....

lol, The grass starter growing a winged evo would be as unexpected as the water one gaining a Platypus/Beaver evo or Bacon getting a bunny evo.

lol. What if one of the legends is an Arceus evo (I realize there is no lifetime where this will happen, but I mean something w/ stats just as Uber) and that gets E-Speed!

What if they all became part Normal? o.o;

And I wouldn't want the otter to turn into a polar bear. I always thought a polar bear should be an ice/fighting stand alone Pokemon with good stats like Lapras or Snorlax. It could have a counterpart that's a Narwhal. ^_^;

Narwhals are one of my favorite animals, but they are in a similar boat to dolphins: It's not easy to base a Pokemon of a Narwhal w/o it looking just like a regular Narwhal.....

It could have a counterpart that's a Narwhal. ^_^;
I'd rather have an Ice/Water Narwhal with Ice Body, general sturdy defenses all around and a decent Atk or SpA to Surf/Waterfall with.

Narwhals are one of my favorite animals, but they are in a similar boat to dolphins: It's not easy to base a Pokemon of a Narwhal w/o it looking just like a regular Narwhal.....
Name it Nartic, make it slightly Serpent-like, and give it fangs.

There isn't really another type it could be....They don't leave cold waters too often and are obviously locked to water. lol, another Shuckle, just w/ identical stats and the ability Ice Body!

Maye Water/Steel seeing Empoleon is supposedly common in cold climates.

CAP 9 always reminded me of a narwhal, but all earthy.
I think it said he was a Narwhal...

Actually... Seaking evolution, anyone?
They can stick with their Goldfish, maybe becoming a Goldfish/Clownfish cross if anything. Narwhals should be in an entirely different boat.

There isn't really another type it could be....They don't leave cold waters too often and are obviously locked to water. lol, another Shuckle, just w/ identical stats and the ability Ice Body!
Actually, my general aim was an improved Walrein, if you know how he functions..

Actually, my general aim was an improved Walrein.
Oh. I was thinking defensive behemoth w/ incredible lasting power as to not need instant recovery even if it is hit hard in the Hail....AKA Walrein multiplied by 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)