It's a trick! [OU Trick Room]

Bronzong @Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP, 152 Atk, 96 Spec. Def, 8 Def
Sassy (+Spec. Def -Speed); Levitate

Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Explosion
Stealth Rock

<3 This Zong, it's such an amazing Trick Roomer and Pokemon. It can switch into basicly any attack (except Fire) and set up Trick Room and leave or Gyro Ball the enemy to death. Stealth Rock is there because it's my only Poke that can learn it and there's nothing bad about doing extra damage on switch-ins. The EVs make it pretty decent Spec. Wall.

Dusknior@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def
Relaxed (+Def, -Speed); Pressure

Earthquake
Trick Room
Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split

Dusknior is awesome! It can kill, stall, block spins and set up Trick Room which makes it perfect for any Trick Room team. Earthquake is my only attacking move so it's obviously for damage, Will-O-Wisp is for walling any Physical threats as well as the Nature and the EVs.

http://darkraimaster.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/rhyperior.png

Rhyperior@ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 Spec. Def
Brave(+Atk, -Speed); Solid Rock

Earthquake
Aqua Tail
MegaHorn
Stone Edge

Does wondes in Trick Room. My main use for him is a revenge killer as it has pretty good coverage and awesome offensive strength. Earthquake is my main attacking move because it has 100 accuracy and STAB, Stone Edge is my other main attacking move because it puts very large dents in Gyarados and 'mence. MegaHorn and Aqua Tail are just there for more coverage.

Cacturne@ Life Orb
Quiet (+Spec. Atk, -Speed); Sand Veil
252 HP, 252 Spec. Atk, 4 Spec. Def

Growth
Focus Blast
Dark Pulse
Energy Ball

My Special killer, Growth adds to the already high 360 Spec. Atk. The main role of this thing is to kill Tyranitar. With Focus Blast and a Sandstorm in play, it becomes very easy. When I think they're going to switch, I use Growth to power up. Dark Pulse and Energy Ball are for STAB and coverage.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l02wfwMjQe1qa6cw5o1_100.png
Ursaring@ Toxic Orb
Brave (+Atk, -Speed); Guts
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def

Close Combat
Facade
Earthquake
Crunch

Yay for Ursaring! The center piece of my team. With it's low Speed, high Attack (130 base) and above average move pool, it's a no-brainer to use this thing on a Trick Room team. Toxic Orb triggers it's Guts ability and sends Facade to a sky high Attack power. Close Combat puts Tyranitar to rest as well as Lucario and other Steel types. Earthquake; more coverage. Crunch is for an annoying Ghost type Pokemon that resists the other 3 Attacks.

Octillary@ Expert Belt
Quiet (+Spec. Atk, -Speed); Sniper
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Spec. Atk

Flamethrower
Energy Ball
Surf
Ice Beam

Octillary is hands down the wierdest Pokemon of all time. Seriously! An octopuss that can use Flamethrower? Anway, Octillary is my 2nd Special killer. It has an awesome movepool. Flamethrower is to kill a special red bug and damage other Steels, Grass, Bugs, etc. Energy Ball; more coverage. Surf is STAB and Ice Beam is to kill Dragons.

This is my first Trick Room team, comments are appreciated.

Cacturne@ Life Orb
Quiet (+Spec. Atk, -Speed); Sand Veil
252 HP, 252 Spec. Atk, 4 Spec. Def

Nasty Plot
Focus Blast
Dark Pulse
Energy Ball

get rid of growth, it takes too long get set up with it, and thus waste trick room turns, whereas nasty plot is a one turn +2 SpA set up.

If you can't get trick room up, your gonna be in trouble.

Which is why I would suggest a physical cacturne, with a set of
Cacturne @ life orb
252 hp, 252 atk,
- Sword dance
- Succer punch
- Seed bomb
- Brick break

Succer punch requires some prediction, but this is deadly set, and succer punch means that trick room doesn't have to be in effect. I would also get some other priority moves, just for back up.

Slowbro resist fire, and could also be useful for setting up trick room, as fire a fire lead like infernape can cause you some trouble,

Also scizor is gonna screw your team over. A babri berry tyranitar with fire punch can draw in scizor and take it out, tyranitar also helps rhyperior and cacturn out. Providing a sp.def boost and increasing the evasion respectively.

I also would not use octillery, it has relatively low sp.atk and it's only niche is that it can't be roared, but it has not boosts anyway. I would suggest someone like clampearl. who with a deep sea tooth, has over 500 sp.atk the ability to switch moves a set like:
- Surf
- Ice beam
- Hp electric
- Toxic/brine/confusion ray

You are also currently walled by the Skarm bliss combo, so I would try and use some mixed sweepers. Remember a 0 speed ev salamence with negative speed nature has 181 speed, which is still useable.

I'm not too experienced with trick room teams, I used a double trick room team once with a power trick shuckle, and helping hand/folow me clefable, which had some great success. So I'm not sure if my advice is that helpful.

You may want to use something that isnt taunt bait for a lead, and a bit less predictable. This Jirachi set may accomplish that as most people are too afraid of Trickrachi leads to taunt them, lest they get locked into it. It can also support your team with Wish, or hax the opponent with Iron Head.

Jirachi @ Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Relaxed Nature (+Def -Spe)
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 SDef | IVs: Spe 0

Iron Head/Stealth Rock
U-turn
Wish
Trick Room

Do not use body slam on it, as spreading paralysis makes your opponent slower than you.... which is bad. This Jirachi can survive virtually any non-stab EQ... once, so dont be afraid to stay in on one if you really want that Trick Room up. Sadly its Speed is a bit high for a trick roomer, dropping down to... i think... only 181 speed, so it will generally be relegated to simply setting it up, passing wish if needed, then U-turning out of there. Nevertheless, feel free to try the hax the crap out of the opponent if you feel like it.

Hm.... Your team is going to have some major issues defensively. While you might deal some damage when TR is up, opponents can easily stall out your TR turns and then sweep the floor with your frail and slow pokemon.

For one, you should remove Octillery, as it sucks as anything other than a BP receiver, and even then it's a lesser option.

Cacturne is also an awful choice, with his frailness and the fact that he's Scizor bait. Remove him as well.

Ursaring should have Fire Punch over Earthquake, as EQ hits very few things that CC doesn't. Fire Punch also helps with Scizor.

Rhyperior should run LO instead of Choice Band, as you don't want to waste your TR turns hitting a resisted target.

Now you have two open slots and some flexibility. I would add an Anti-Lead Dragonite (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/dragonite - use Superpower over EQ) as your lead instead of Bronzong. This allows Bronzong to run Macho Brace with the Offensive TR set (http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/bronzong) (put SR over Earthquake if you wish).
Dragonite and Bronzong have good defensive synergy, especially because people usually send in Latias after something dies to Dragonite. Bronzong is then free to come in and setup TR. Additionally, Dragonite is a very potent sweeper with TR up, threatening an 1-2HKO on much of the metagame with its coverage and high attacking stats.

For your final pokemon, I would recommend either a TR Gallade or a fast revenge killer like Starmie/Jolteon. Something like a Scarf Jirachi or Flygon might work as well, giving you some options when TR is down.

its not bad at all, im not really going to talk so much about the moves, but more about the typing, a team like this looks like it would have ALOT of trouble dealing with an infernape lead... simply because bronzong would HAVE to run...then what..nobody else is going to want to switch into a fireblast...nobody..even your octillery will be merked after a fireblast +close combat..do you see what i mean. dusknoir might stand a chance, but with 236 att, im not sure if that earthquake is going to hold up...maybe in a heatran, and what would you do if your opponent switches to a pokemon like salamence to save infernape...you're basically screwed..especially if the mence is mixed and wields fireblast, draco meteor, earthquake and anything else really lol...you have to consider all of these things. good luck :)

@Mecha Ajnin
Actually, Toxic orb is the better option, because when you think about it because of the limited number of turns that TR is up, he's not going to want to stay in for more than three turns. On the first turn, the orb will activate, giving one sixteenth damage with toxic or one twelfth to the burn. The next turn, the toxic will have three sixteenths and the burn will have one fourth. Now, assuming that they haven't switched in scizor or some other pokemon that forced the switch, flame orb has done more damage. More often than not, that's what's going to happen. If you DO get the extended sweep off, then you'll likely survive the toxic anyway. Keep toxic; your're likely not going to stay in for more than three turns, the point where the damages will be the same.

Thanks for the ideas, I've gotten rid of Octillary for Clampearl and it works a lot better. I've changed my lead to Jirachi, and Rhyperior to Tyranitar because its Sandstorm helps out my Cacturn a bit and with Fire Punch it puts down Scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)