[OU RMT] Team "Just Phucking Rate my Team"

READ THE BEGINNING FIRST!

I've been tearing at it forever with this team, I'm trying to get it perfect for a tournament where I cannot use any of the new platinum/hgss edition pokemon (but moves are an exception), and it's hard for me to make a team where I don't rely on rotom-a. Just phucking rate it.

Metallica (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/86 Atk/80 Def/92 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion
- Earthquake

Bronzong is a pretty reliable lead. Gets stealth rock up, takes hits like a man, and can explode afterward. I was thinking of changing this to a dual screener, but I don't know what to do. I might change this to another lead, but Bronzong is all I have in mind right now.

Fade to Black (Gengar) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Pretty awesome special sweeper. Substitute because it can catch counters off guard and potentially KO them. Thunderbolt over focus blast because focus blast's accuracy PHUCKING SUCKS! I hate it how it misses all the freaking time and it's so unreliable, and thunderbolt + shadow ball provides OK coverage anyway.

Cure (Togekiss) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Tri Attack
- Aura Sphere

Choice Scarf Togekiss is awesome. Nobody ever sees it comming. Everyone thinks it is either a nasty plotter or a paraflincher. Scarf togekiss can check a lot of threats that are otherwise fatal to my team. Might change Fire Blast to Flamethrower because of shakey accuracy =/

St. Anger (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP/248 Def/12 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Roar

I needed a phazer that possed a defensive threat at the same time. Gyarados was perfect, due to good defenses, intimidate, roar, and rest talk. Works nice in conjunction to stealth rock. Some people might even switch to their counters while I roar them away.

Battery (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Another great revenge killer. Pretty powerful due to technician, choice band, and stab. Can kill a lot of threats that are otherwise major. I don't really know what else I can say about him, except that pursuit is for fleeing pokes, and super power is for incoming steel types.

Whiplash (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin

The only reason I really put him on is to get rid of entry hazards such as stealth rock and t/spikes that hinder some team members such as togekiss and gyarados. Trying to replace him actually, but I have no clue what to use.

I'm really trying to improve this team. Sometimes I get wins, sometime I get losses, but I dunno what to do with it.

For one, your team is very Rotom weak. He can take out Gyarados and Starmie and weaken Togekiss very much. Scizor can switch in but risks the possible Paralysis, has only Pursuit for major damage, and Thunderbolt does some damage. Gengar is a decent counter but if you switch in on Shadow Ball you're dead. You are also forced to switch out on Scarf variants.

As for Gyarados.... I'm just going to ask what are you thinking? Phazing is good and all, don't get me wrong, but if you are going to Phaze why do it with Gyara? If he's in and asleep he's just bait for an Electric type and if you hit Rest or Waterfall in Sleep Talk on the switch, then Gyara is forced out and can possibly let them setup, i.e. WoW from Rotom on Scizor or Thunder Wave on the switch crippling all but Starmie who gets easily killed by electric. Might I suggest running Swampert as a phazer? Swampert is a little more bulky and resists Electric for your team. With EQ it can also hit them back and Phaze through some pokes with Roar. The swampert would look a little like this

Swampert@Leftovers
Impish Nature
Torrent Ability
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/42 Atk
Moveset:
Ice Punch/Avalanche
Earthquake
Roar
Surf

For one, your team is very Rotom weak.
It says hes in a tourney were no one is going to be using rotom.

Nice team you got there, but i would try trick over tri attack so can be able to cripple pokes that can set up and sweep. I also don't really see a reason to have a phazer since your team is pretty offensive, plus the gyara is only adding to your electric weakness to regular things like jolteon, zapdos and raikou. A roaring gyara is unneeded since defensive isn't necessary on an offensive team since straight out killing is the main objective for the team. So I'm suggesting CBTar in place of Gyara

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Sand Stream Ability
Ev's: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Moves:
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Aqua Tail/ Earthquake

Choice Scarf Rotom-H completely decimates this team with a standard move-set of Thunderbolt/Overheat/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power [Whatever]. You'll notice that I put [Whatever] as the Hidden Power. That's because it doesn't matter what it uses as a Hidden Power against this team. Rotom-H's three most used moves completely O-2HKO this entire team without any effort, and a few switches.

And Substitute Rotom-H...let's not open that can of worms.

I think you can solve his problem by removing Scizor from your team, and replacing it with Choice Scarf (or Band) Tyranitar. Choice Scarf Tyranitar resists every move on that set I described above, excluding the possible Hidden Power [Fighting] and Thunderbolt. Crunch OHKOs Choice Scarf Rotom-A 100% of the time, and does the same with Pursuit, should Rotom-A try to flee.

For your ResTalk Gyarados, you want Dragon Dance over Waterfall. It may sound insane, making yourself complete Taunt-bait, but that's the beauty of ResTalk Gyarados. With a Dragon Dance under its belt, it can Sleep Talk Roar at normal Priority, sending away your opponent before they can use Taunt in the first place. Of course, you'll still want to be wary of Taunters that can out-speed you regardless.

Bronzong is just a terrible Lead in this meta-game. It loses to at least eight of the twelve most common leads, which is terrible. If you want a Bulky Lead, I would suggest something more akin to Swampert or Tyranitar, both of which perform well as Leads in the meta-game.

That Substitute Gengar wants Pain Split over Hidden Power [Fire], and Life Orb over Leftovers. With Life Orb and Pain Split, you can defeat Blissey, your main counter. If you're going to run Hidden Power [Fire], you might as well just run the MysicGar set, with Protect instead.

I would think Togekiss would want Timid nature, to make sure it isn't out-sped by too many other Pokemon that use Choice Scarf and +Spd natures, but I haven't ever used Choice Scarf Togekiss, so I'm not a good judge on that.

I already said to replace Scizor above.

The only Entry Hazards your team is really weak against is Stealth Rock. Other than that, as your team is now, you've got four Pokemon out of six that aren't harmed by Spikes, five out of six that aren't bothered by Toxic Spikes, and two that are hit by Stealth Rock for 25% damage.

Edit: I just now read the part where you said you weren't using Rotom-A formes in this tournament of yours. Makes no sense to me, but whatever.

For one, your team is very Rotom weak. He can take out Gyarados and Starmie and weaken Togekiss very much. Scizor can switch in but risks the possible Paralysis, has only Pursuit for major damage, and Thunderbolt does some damage. Gengar is a decent counter but if you switch in on Shadow Ball you're dead. You are also forced to switch out on Scarf variants.

As for Gyarados.... I'm just going to ask what are you thinking? Phazing is good and all, don't get me wrong, but if you are going to Phaze why do it with Gyara? If he's in and asleep he's just bait for an Electric type and if you hit Rest or Waterfall in Sleep Talk on the switch, then Gyara is forced out and can possibly let them setup, i.e. WoW from Rotom on Scizor or Thunder Wave on the switch crippling all but Starmie who gets easily killed by electric. Might I suggest running Swampert as a phazer? Swampert is a little more bulky and resists Electric for your team. With EQ it can also hit them back and Phaze through some pokes with Roar. The swampert would look a little like this

Swampert@Leftovers
Impish Nature
Torrent Ability
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/42 Atk
Moveset:
Ice Punch/Avalanche
Earthquake
Roar
Surf
You should read the start every once in a while to get an idea where I'm at.
Yeah, I'll take the advice of running swampert over gyara, but will it be fine if I use it as both my stealth rocker and phazer? Because my lead needs changing as well.

It says hes in a tourney were no one is going to be using rotom.

Nice team you got there, but i would try trick over tri attack so can be able to cripple pokes that can set up and sweep. I also don't really see a reason to have a phazer since your team is pretty offensive, plus the gyara is only adding to your electric weakness to regular things like jolteon, zapdos and raikou. A roaring gyara is unneeded since defensive isn't necessary on an offensive team since straight out killing is the main objective for the team. So I'm suggesting CBTar in place of Gyara

Tyranitar@Choice Band
Adamant Nature
Sand Stream Ability
Ev's: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Moves:
Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Aqua Tail/ Earthquake
I'll try Choiced Tyranitar, both scarf and band, and see what works best for my team. I will also try that trick you mentioned on togekiss.

Choice Scarf Rotom-H completely decimates this team with a standard move-set of Thunderbolt/Overheat/Shadow Ball/Hidden Power [Whatever]. You'll notice that I put [Whatever] as the Hidden Power. That's because it doesn't matter what it uses as a Hidden Power against this team. Rotom-H's three most used moves completely O-2HKO this entire team without any effort, and a few switches.

And Substitute Rotom-H...let's not open that can of worms.

I think you can solve this problem by removing Scizor from your team, and replacing it with Choice Scarf (or Band) Tyranitar. Choice Scarf Tyranitar resists every move on that set I described above, excluding the possible Hidden Power [Fighting] and Thunderbolt. Crunch OHKOs Choice Scarf Rotom-A 100% of the time, and does the same with Pursuit, should Rotom-A try to flee.

For your ResTalk Gyarados, you want Dragon Dance over Waterfall. It may sound insane, making yourself complete Taunt-bait, but that's the beauty of ResTalk Gyarados. With a Dragon Dance under its belt, it can Sleep Talk Roar at normal Priority, sending away your opponent before they can use Taunt in the first place. Of course, you'll still want to be wary of Taunters that can out-speed you regardless.

Bronzong is just a terrible Lead in this meta-game. It loses to at least eight of the twelve most common leads, which is terrible. If you want a Bulky Lead, I would suggest something more akin to Swampert or Tyranitar, both of which perform well as Leads in the meta-game.

That Substitute Gengar wants Pain Split over Hidden Power [Fire], and Life Orb over Leftovers. With Life Orb and Pain Split, you can defeat Blissey, your main counter. If you're going to run Hidden Power [Fire], you might as well just run the MysicGar set, with Protect instead.

I would think Togekiss would want Timid nature, to make sure it isn't out-sped by too many other Pokemon that use Choice Scarf and +Spd natures, but I haven't ever used Choice Scarf Togekiss, so I'm not a good judge on that.

I already said to replace Scizor above.

The only Entry Hazards your team is really weak against is Stealth Rock. Other than that, as your team is now, you've got four Pokemon out of six that aren't harmed by Spikes, five out of six that aren't bothered by Toxic Spikes, and two that are hit by Stealth Rock for 25% damage.

Edit: I just now read the part where you said you weren't using Rotom-A formes in this tournament of yours. Makes no sense to me, but whatever.
It doesn't make sense to me either, but I have to live with it, and I really want to be in this tourney.

As for gyarados, I think I'll decide whether I should completely change his moveset or his position (because someone else suggested something else)

As for gengar and togekiss, yeah I definitely agree with you on that, I will change his moveset immediately.

As for bronzong, I will decide whether I should change him to swampert/tyranitar, or an anti-lead. (because gyarados might change and I might change it to swampert, who can stealth rock and roar, so no need for another stealth rock lead.)

Thanks for the rate everyone.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bronzong is, I'm afraid, a pretty bad lead. Not only is it susceptible to taunt and trick, but it is also weak to the ever-common fire type moves in the lead position. It will never prevent setup from the opponent either. I would consider putting Togekiss in the lead position, without changing its set, apart from possibly putting Trick over Tri Attack, and using a timid nature. This should regularly prevent SR, and often kill or cripple the opponents lead in the process, helping to take the pressure off Starmie as rapid spinner.

Good luck.

I'd definitely go with focus blast over thunderbolt on gengar regardless of the accuracy. one of the benefits of substitute is that if something like choice band ttar switches in you have two chances to kill it with focus blast so the accuracy is less of a problem.

You have three Pokemon weak to Electric attacks and no Electric resist / immunity. Threats that utilize this type (Electric types) are going to run through this team with ease. Rotom-A and Zapdos walls 4/6 of your team, Bronzong, Scizor, Gyarados and Togekiss, and can throw Thunderbolts with nothing able to switch-in, if it's a Scarf Rotom-A, it can sweep your team clean. Similarly, Jolteon has enough Speed to out-space your whole team and OHKO evertything in sight. Magnezone can trap your two Steel types and hit hard with STAB Thunderbolt with nothing able to switch-in. DD Gyarados is a huge issue as well, able to set-up on Scizor locked onto Bullet Punch and Togekiss locked onto Fire Blast or Aura Sphere. After a Dragon Dance, Waterfall murders Bronzong, Gengar, Togekiss and Scizor while Stone Edge beats your own Gyarados. As for Starmie, it is not a counter because it is OHKOed by a +1 Earthquake / Stone Edge. Agil-Gross can sweep your entire team after setting up in a similar manner to Gyarados and sweeping your team with no retaliation after a boost in Speed.

Your Scarf Togekiss seems like the most replaceable member. I was thinking a Scarf Flygon will work wonders here as it still plays the role of a revenge killer. However, unlike Togekiss, it packs that all important Electric immunity and the ability to check the above mentioned threats barring Rotom-A and Zapdos. Flygon outspeeds Jolteon and can switch-into Earthquake and hit it with Earthquake to get rid of it. It packs enough Speed to out-run Metagross and Gyarados after an Agility and a Dragon Dance and revenge kill them respectively with Earthquake and Thunder Punch. It also provides insurance against Salamence as well. Here's the set:

Flygon @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Jolly | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake | Outrage | U-Turn | Thunder Punch

Now, Bronzong was a good lead in the early days of DP, but not now. It is really slow which makes vulnerable to Taunt and Trick as jc104 mentioned on top of being weak to Fire attacks. In order to remedy your weakness to Rotom-A and Zapdos, I recommend a Heatran Lead with Fire Blast | Explosion | Stealth Rock | Earthpower with Shuca Berry and 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe and a Naive Nature. Heatran is a great answer to both of those as he can switch into Heat Wave on Zapdos and Will-o-Wisp or Overheat on Rotom-A, activate Flash Fire and unleash powerful Fire Blasts. I read that there is no Rotom-A in the tournament in which you're participating but Heatran is still needed to take on Zapdos and Rotom-A if you happen to use this team on Shoddy Battle.

Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)