Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Giratina O issues

I landed the delay (595)
Frame was supposed to be 163
I got 182.

+11 Distortion World
I did 74 "cought pokemon" journal pages and 3 regulars.
I assume regulars dont count (like the pages that just say that one traveled used PC etc.)
+11 from reloading distortion world.
+1 Giratina

So 11+11+1+(74*2)=171 Frames
182-171= 11

Q: Anyone know where the other 11 came from? I am possitive it took me more than 128 steps but does those +5 frames count in distortion world? Do those non cought Journal pages count? Because (3*2)+5=11

Thanks in Advance

This is quite an elemental question.
I just downloaded pikatimer but I quite don't get it. I've read chammomy's guide and still wonder: one of the counters is to give you time once you've putthe date and correct hour, right? which is the one you start I'm guessing while pressing A to confirm the new date and hour. Now, why exactly does that counter sound, what for? to press a on platinum?
And second, the final countdown, is to tell you the time you should take from pressing a on platinum to press a on the continue screen? I'm sorry if this sounds too elemental, I'm just confused about what exactly and when am I supposed to press to hit those High delays so I don't have to catch pokemon in weird years.
And finally, once I'm in the game, I just proceed to flip the coins and journal pages as usual or is there a catch with the use of pikatimer and the high delays? (Not that I'm implying there is, just trying to be cautious)

@above: yeah, you've pretty much got it right. the first timer tells you when to SR, press start on the AR, press A on the startup screen or whatever, then the second tells you when to press A on the continue screen. The box underneath is where you out a delay if you're consistnetly hitting a different delay to your target, or if you're hitting a group of delays very far removed from your target.

And yes, once in game you just continue as normal.

Hope I've helped.

This might be a really stupid question, but how can you alter which delay you hit? I calibrated and I hit between 489 and 511. I'm trying to hit 492, so I've got a GBA cart in to make it even's, however I always get higher or slightly lower. Is it literally just a question of keep trying/luck? Thanks for any help!

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This might be a really stupid question, but how can you alter which delay you hit? I calibrated and I hit between 489 and 511. I'm trying to hit 492, so I've got a GBA cart in to make it even's, however I always get higher or slightly lower. Is it literally just a question of keep trying/luck? Thanks for any help!
if your getting slightly higher or lower even numbers like 494 or 490 then its just bad luck and you need to be more consistent if your getting lower try slowing down a bit if your getting higher then speed up, so keep tryin and eventually you should hit it.

if your getting slightly higher or lower even numbers like 494 or 490 then its just bad luck and you need to be more consistent if your getting lower try slowing down a bit if your getting higher then speed up, so keep tryin and eventually you should hit it.
Ah, so it really is down to timing. I wasn't sure if it was just random or not :)

Thanks!

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
I RNGd a Latias successfully last sunday, but since then I haven't been able to hit my seed (well, I hit it once, but ended up on the wrong frame) consistently. Any tips? Should I keep pressing L, R, Select and Start and release them when the first timer reaches zero or should I press all but one of them and the fourth once the timer reaches zero?
Reposting.

Whoo! Finally caught my first-ever RNGed Pokemon last night!

Staryu
Natural Cure
Timid
30/31/30/31/31/31

Now to see if I can find a hexflawless spread for a Ditto...

@ Rockinx I do the same thing (hold down three buttons and then press L when timer hits 0) and I used to press them all at once...it doesn't make a difference really but just pressing L is a bit more easier. Maybe you're just having bad luck?
Or you can try hitting a different seed

I believe that HGSS are more likely to get odd delays. Instead of inserting a GBA cart, you can change the year to one that gives you an odd delay.

I just don't understand how to RNG for standing legends in HGSS. The Physical Spreads excel file gives me a list of spreads in this format:

Seed Offset PID Shiny Nature Ability HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe Hidden Power Hidden Power Power

What is the offset? How do I change it from one number to another?

If I want to RNG Ho-oh with this, for example:

19120275 42 a181a31e Adamant 0 31 31 30 20 30 31 Poison 59

What do I do? I see the seed, and the offset. Is the offset the delay or frame, or something completely different? Do I reset the game until I hit my delay ... or what? I don't understand this, but I want to get a good Ho-oh, so can someone please help me out?
Reposting from last page.

In that case, how do I find the frame and delay I need to hit?
For frame; Enter the seed in the seed box in the main screen, then change method to method K and synchronizer to the nature your spread has. I hope this helps you a bit, as I'm very bad at explanation.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
@ Rockinx I do the same thing (hold down three buttons and then press L when timer hits 0) and I used to press them all at once...it doesn't make a difference really but just pressing L is a bit more easier. Maybe you're just having bad luck?
Or you can try hitting a different seed
Thanks, I'll keep doing that.

In the time finder when it says 3 frames advanced from the roaming legends does 3 become my starting frame?

If so, I cannot seem to hit my target frame of 12 after calling joey 4 times to get a frame of 11 and moving the radio to adjust the frame by 1.

if your target frame is 12 then you have to find the monster frame of the poke you are trying to catch
for example if you are master frame is 2(most sweet scented pokemon) or 1(most legendary pokemon) then you have to advance the frame at 10 or 11 respectively and then sweet scent or "talk" to the poke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)