World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

Now all we need is Villa injured and England are good to go :P.

But the teams should really calm down with the training. They've only just started training in South Africa and top players are getting injured and ruled out of the WC.

england would need xavi villa torres and iniesta injured to stand a chance against spain.

Brazil are still my bet to win the whole thing though.

All these Chelsea players injured, that can't be a coincidence. But overall i think playing so many games before the world cup is risky, and some of these games weren't useful for most teams.

I doubt France found useful the match against China (which is ridiculous to loose as well, no excuses).

Pirlo, Mikel, Rio, Robben, Drogba, Diarra, Ballack, Bosingwa, Essien all out so far, i am expecting at least one of Van Persie, Torres or Rooney to be added to that group.

ARGH!
Holy shit I am from France and I naturally support France but they got owned by CHINA on Friday... Sad. I am going to support something like Uruguay out of sheer frustration.

Torres is more likely...
just need an england goalie to get injured so we can have Jamie Theakston called up instead
(those who watched the soccer aid match ;))

hhahaa theakston for england! he actually made a couple of decent saves in that shootout. shame he's like a big uncoordinated mess otherwise though..

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't think Holland have a good enough defense to win the whole thing. Their attack is devastaing though
It's not the best, but it conceded only two goals in qualifying. Also, we can just score more goals than the opponent.

hhahaa theakston for england! he actually made a couple of decent saves in that shootout. shame he's like a big uncoordinated mess otherwise though..
Can we just submit the entire Soccer Aid XI as the England team instead? They played pretty well, even the celebrities. I mean, did anyone see Damien Lewis's shot in the first half? Or Shepard's penalty? They were more together as a team than most England WC sides have been!

Holland are a decent side but i can't forget how they were all hyped in the Euro's only to choke and get destroyed by a Russian side who got destroyed by Spain. Also the fact that they will most likely meet Brazil in the quarter finals.

In their defense, the Russians were coached by a Dutch guy...but yeah, that was extremely disappointing.

Robben is likely to make it into the team anyway, though I hope they will bench him until he's needed (quarters).

That Russia that 'destroyed' The Netherlands on EURO 08 was lead by no other then Guus Hiddink, one of the best coaches in the world. It's not a shame to lose against a team lead by Hiddink.

About Robben. He's having some special treatment in The Netherlands. He says he is having some intensive recovering and he might be fit in about 10 days. The 1/8 finals aren't until the 28 June, if the Dutch team are the winners of group E. So 10 days is enough and let's hope Robbens prediction is right.

Also, on defense of the dutch loss to russia: out of all teams, meeting a team with the playingstyle of the russians (mostly similar to that of our orange dreamteam actually), has to be the most efficient way to counter it. Russia focusses mostly on countering, and with our shabby defenses, simply losing the ball deep over the middleline was devestating, as Russia is extremely effective when it comes to countering. I actually think that we had a better shot if we'd have met spain in that match instead.

Also, sort of hoping Argentina to do well, sadly maradona is a terrible fuck of a trainer that wont get them that far

Also Olly Murs played like a professional; if he wasn't 26 I'd be sure he was one of the Legend players!

he did play none league football, injury put a stop to that.
you mean like david james?

It's not a shame to lose against a team lead by Hiddink.
It's not, i remember that match and Russia was just better and i really expected them to qualify to this world cup, they screwed their chances at the end.

Argentina would be my top candidate if it wasn't for Maradona, with a better trainer i think this team would be at the same level of hype than Spain and Brazil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)