Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Pretty Annoying

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Very Annoying

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • lI'm Just Gonna Ragequit

Votes: 20 19.8%

• Total voters
Hello my fellow Smogon members. Here is my most recent team to be used on the ladder. This team in my book of teams gets the title of most annoying team.
Using a combination of some of my own sets and some of smogon's sets I have created the most annoying team ever. The main purpose of this team is to t-wave everything in site and wear down opposing pokes as well as annoy them. So without further wasting your time here is my team:

At a Glance:

In Depth:
Changes in Blue

@ Leftovers
EV's: 196Hp 216spe 96SpA
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves:

Grass Knot
Stealth Rock
Thunder Wave
Recover

Quick Explanation: Tried out nesan idea of a bulky celebi instead of my trick scarf one, so after testing and tuning, celebi is now perfectly suited for my team's need and also retains bulk. Once again t-wave is the crux of this set and is what my team is based on. Also celebi is my status absorber from annoying status like toxic.

Purpose: Celebi's purpose is to set up SR and possibly t-wave the opposing lead. Grass Knot is here for coverage and STAB and makes sure I'm not taunt bait. Recover allows celebi to last much longer and that makes celebi that much more useful. SR is once again useful for reducing the number of times sweepers like Mence or Gyara can switch in on me.

EV's/Nature/Ability: The EV's let celebi outrun max speed gliscor and i have some EV's in sp. attack for a little extra kick in Grass Knot and the rest are put into hp for added bulk. Natural cure is very useful for status absorbing and is very useful on my team because i wouldn't want to get one of my pokes inflicted with toxic or anything.

@ Leftovers
EV's: 248Hp 252Atk 8Spe
Nature: Adamant
Ability: No Guard
Moves:

Substitute
Dynamic Punch
Payback
Stone Edge

Quick Explanation: Here is the best paralysis abuser ever in my opinion, after spreading paralysis around machamp can easily set up a sub and sweep entire teams. Since a lot of people suggested this poke i decided to choose it over scizor instead of flygon because if paralysis isn't spread like it should then flygon can revenge kill.

Purpose: Machamp's main purpose is to scare away my opponents poke, letting me sub and basically I use the appropriate move from there. DP is STAB and with no guard has 100% accuracy, payback compliments DP nicely by hitting ghost types for SE damage and stone edge is to hit those annoying flyers like togekiss or mence who would otherwise cause problems for me if it isn't eliminated. Sub is very useful for blocking status as well as scouting switches.

EV's/Nature/Ability: The EV's: are standard, near max hp to sub up as much as possible max atk to hit as hard as possible, and the rest into speed. Adamant nature is a must for hard hitting. No guard is the best ability for machamp because it can abuse 100% accurate SE and most importantly DP

@ Leftovers
EV's: 252Hp 180Def 76SpD
Nature: Bold
Ability: Volt Absorb
Moves:

Thunder wave
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam

Quick Explanation: Lanturn is my team's water/electric/ice attker. She is also my first of three t-wave abusers. Her fantastic base 125Hp and her unique typing along with volt absorb make her an invaluable team
member. I chose Lanturn instead of blissey because I needed a water/electric/ice user because my team lacked it and since lanturn has both STAB on surf and t-bolt she was chosen for the job and she also has t-wave which is also nice.

Purpose: The first purpose of Lanturn is to t-wave everything in sight and its second purpose is to provide superb coverage with boltbeam and surf. Lanturn is also my general wall when miltank is down. Lanturn takes care of all the gaps that my team cant take. She acts as an excellent wall taking both special and physical atks for my team and she also keeps fire types as well as dragon's, ground, and opposing water types. Lanturn fills up the gaps that my teammates make. She also keeps fire types at bay, so scizor and jirachi and have a nice time on the feild.

EV's/Nature/Ability:The EV's maximize Lanturn's bulk. Max hp is to let me take the most amount of hits possible. The defense Ev's ensure that a breloom's seed bomb will never OHKO and the SpD EV's ensure that a LO heatran's earth power will never OHKO me. A bold nature helps with lanturns lack of def. Volt absorb lets lanturn heal herself when it comes in on an electric atk.

@ Leftovers
EV's: 252Hp 80Spe 176SpD
Nature: Calm
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves:

Thunder wave
Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Roost

Quick Explanation: Here is t-wave user number 2 and also flinch hacker number 1. Togekiss is an absuloute annoyance especially if t-wave is in effect. Air slash provides a reliable STAB and good flinch chance which is also why togekiss is paraflincher number 1 and is the prince of hax. Aura sphere is to keep away rock types as well as ice types who try to switch in. Roost lets togekiss prolong its life and give my opponent one hard time.

Purpose: The purpose of togekiss is to t-wave things left and right and when they are t-waved i proceed to flinch hax/aura sphere them to death. Roost is to heal when im low on health and to help with SR damage on switching in. Togekiss is one of the few pokemon able to abuse serene grace because of air slash's boosted 60% flinch rate, i have gotten out of some pretty tight situations with just that 60% flinch chance.

EV's/Nature/Ability: The ev's allow togekiss to take hits as well as have some speed. The spD ev's allow me to take special hits better and the nature also helps. Serene grace is the chosen ability to abuse hax and annoy the opponenet to hell.

@ Leftovers
EV's: 164Hp 168Atk 176Spe
Nature: Jolly
Moves:

Substitute
Body Slam
Fire Punch
Iron Head

Quick Explanation: This is paraflincher number two and paralysis abuser number two. Jirachi is the king of hax in OU and provides a good dragon and ice resist. I have no idea why people are not using him a lot in OU. Jirachi is very important to my team. In one battle if it wasn't for jirachi i would've lost, he comes through for me when i need him the most.

Purpose: Jirachi's purpose is pretty much the same as togekiss's, but i have sub instead of roost, but even without instant recovery Jirachi is a bitch to take down. Iron head has a 60% flinch rate and is the crux of this sett along with body slam of course. Fire punch takes care of scizor as well as breloom, heracross and any other steel type. When i saw Pride and Dj use this kind of Jirachi I wanted to try it out, but never had the chance, so now after I tried it out it is AWESOME!! Great job on thinking up this set Pride and Dj.

EV's/Nature/Ability: The Ev's were taken off Pride and Dj's Rachi so they are standard and allow Rachi to sub up a bit and also to pack a punch still when attking. The nature lets me outrun most threats after they have been t-waved. And of course serene grace is to abuse iron head and piss off my opponent.

@ Choice Scarf
EV's: 4Hp 252Atk 252Spe
Ability: Levitate
Moves:

Earthquake
Outrage
Stone Edge
U-Turn

Quick Explanation: This is the standard scarf gon and works extremely well with scizor weakening pokes and scouting with U-turn. The moves are very standard and give me the beset coverage available.

Purpose: To scout and come out late game after everything has been t-waved and weakend and to destroy the rest of their team with STAB outrage or EQ stone edge keeps gyara and other dragon types away. Flygon is also used to scout and weaken pokes within KO range for other pokes.

EV's/Nature/Ability: The Ev's are once again very standard, max speed and jolly nature to outspeed other base 100 sarfers that run a neutral speed nature. Max atk to hit as hard as possible and the rest put into hp. Levitate lets me take care of an EQ weakness that tow of my pokes share.

Threat List (thanks to Haunter in the RMT sticky)

Red means problematic.
Orange means could-be problems.
Changes will be marked in Bold.

Offensive Threats

Aerodactyl -
Jirachi can iron head it and Lanturn can ice beam it.

Azelf -
Machamp can easilt take care of it

Breloom -
Celebi takes the sleep and hopefully jirachi can kill it if not then go to plan b which is outrage with flygon.

Dragonite -
Lanturn can kill it and flygon or machamp can dispose of it

Electivire -
Could be a problem if flygon is down and it gets a motor boost

Empoleon -
Lanturn can rape it, flygon can revenge it and celebi can take a hit and KO with seed bomb

Flygon -
Hope for the best to win the speed tie with another scarf gon, if not then hack it to death with rachi or lanturn can OHKO with ice beam.

Gengar -
Machamp can KO it and flygon can revenge it if it comes to that

Gyarados
-
Lanturn can paralyze it and hit with STAB thunderbolt, machamp can stone edge it and flygon can revenge kill it.

Heatran -
Lanturn does well and so does togekiss and machamp and flygon can kick its ass.

Heracross -
Togekiss can own it and rachi can fire punch it.

Infernape -
Flygon or lanturn can shut it down

Jirachi -
Flygon and rachi

Jolteon -
Lanturn can take a t-bolt and flygon can revenge it, although with some good prediction it could pose a threat.

Kingdra -
Flygon can revenge kill it.

Latias -
(Uber)

Lucario -
Fygon can revenge it

Machamp -
Togekiss can shut it down

Magnezone -
Flygon can OHKO it and machamp cna scare it away.

Mamoswine -
Jirachi, lanturn, and machamp all do well against it.

Metagross -
Flygon can revenge it and jirachi could paralyze and then flinch hax it until fire punch can KO it.

Ninjask -
t-wave the bastard if its not hiding behind a sub.

Roserade -
take sleep with celebi and jirachi can scare it away.

Salamence -
Flygon can revenge it after a kill and machamp will dent it.

Scizor -
Jirachi can set up on it.

Smeargle -
Celebi takes sleep and flygon can revenge it.

Starmie -
Lanturn and machamp can take care of it

Togekiss -
Lanturn for Twave versions. Lanturn can own it otherwise flygon can kill it.

Tyranitar -
MACHAMP!!!!! and Jirachi and flygon.

Weavile -
Set up on it with machamp or jirachi

Defensive Threats

Blissey -
MACHAMP!!!

Bronzong -
Pray to god jirachi can hax it to death.

Celebi -
Jirachi can hax it to death and flygon and celebi can repeatedly U-turn it.

Dusknoir -
Machamp can switch in after WoW.

Forretress -
Jirachi can set up on it, similar case with machamp

Gliscor -
Lanturn

[Hippowdon] -
Lanturn can take care of it.

Rotom-A -
Machamp and maybe flygon can take care of it.

Skarmory -
Lantrun can take care of it and jirachi can set up on it.

Snorlax-
Machamp can rape it.

Suicune -
Lanturn walls. And celebi can dent it a little with seed bomb

Swampert -
Celebi

Tentacruel -
Flygon can kick its tentacules

Vaporeon -
Lanturn when it can avoid toxic and celebi

Zapdos -
Lanturn when it can avoid toxic. Heatran can dent it.

Hope you enjoyed my RMT!

50/5! nice!!! why do you need help if your owning!!!! But if your looking for a rate here goes:

If your looking for a FlinchHaxer, look at Dunsparce. I would keep either Togekiss or Jirachi and substitute the other for Dunsparce. Dunspace always moves 1st, unless priority moves hit, and is an amazing FlinchHaxer. I used one on Wi-Fi and the total suprise card of it was amazing. Rock Slide for Fliers, Bite for Ghosts, and Headbutt for everything else. It's pretty weak but I think it's worth checking out. All I have to say!

The only thing I don't like about this team is the Miltank lead. I love Miltank and all, but it doesn't measure up to the rest of OU. Aerodactyl and Azelf outspeed you and Taunt your attempts to Curse up. You say that "After a few curses, an unboosted Close Combat will not OHKO me." What gives you the impression that they'll let you get a few Curses up? Infernape or Machamp as leads both destroy you with Close Combat or DynamicPunch, respectively. Metagross can Meteor Mash-->Meteor Mash-->Bullet Punch for the kill.

My suggestion is to drop Miltank (beloved as it may be) for a Blissey (cliched as it may be). Blissey, despite being ridiculously popular, still makes many teams go "Oh, shit" just at its appearance. It also can carry Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Flamethrower, Aromatherapy, or basically any other option you want for utility and coverage (your team could use a Grass Knot for support). You retain that weakness to fighting without accumulating any new weaknesses, while having a superior wall.

As for your lead, I'd put Jirachi there. Jirachi can actually force a lot of leads to switch out on their own, only to realize that you've set up a Substitute. Compare that to Miltank, which will not faze many leads at all.

This seems like a hate speech towards Miltank... I love the little cow, but she's just not good enough for OU. Hope I helped!

Nice abuse of Serene Grace twice over, but I see one glaring problem in the form of Electivire.

As soon as it switches into a Thunder Wave, Motor Drive kicks in, probably out-speeding Flygon. Considering most Electivires carry either Hidden Power Ice, or Ice Punch, that could spell trouble. Thunder Wave is also useless against Ground Types.

My suggestion would be to abuse Serene Grace all the more and substitute Togekiss's T-Wave at least with Body Slam.

Other then that, I kind of like the Miltank lead. Unusual as it may be, you seem to have the strategy figured out well.

But as Jebus pointed out, I see a serious problem with Taunt.

May I suggest Jirachi as the lead. You've boosted its speed, and between Paralysis and Flinching, Substitute may be redundant protection. The space is easily filled in with Stealth Rock.

This leaves a spot for Miltank. It can be something like Iron Head to keep with the Flinch theme going, (though not abused with Serene Grace) or Attract, which can be a decent layer of protection while Miltank Curses up, but with her bulk, she can take a few hits from the 50% that make it through.

It also goes well with your theme of annoyance.

If we want to keep this team particularly annoying, I suggest replacing Miltank with a Heatran lead.

You've already got the annoying factor of being able to avoid Electric, absorb Electric, and avoid Ground. But that Scizor is going to invite a lot of Fire, especially in the form of the ever-so-popular Fire Punch Jirachi that seems to be on every single team out there right now. Why not have another layer of annoyance *and* Stealth Rock support by using Heatran? In fact, just use this basic set.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry

Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Earth Power
Taunt

If you fear that you'll be the victim of a Trick lead looking to give you a Scarf, you can just switch to Flygon and have them waste a turn using Trick on you, giving you an opportunity for a free attack. Just my suggestion. Whenever I see Scizor, I immediately think Fire. And if you want to be especially annoying, why not soak that Fire up?

@ the one kid: Hmmm... Dunsparce, I'll look him up now and check it out thanx for the advice.

@Jebus McAzn: The reason miltank is chosen over blissey is because its higher base Def and its rare appearance in OU, I don't want Jirachi as my lead because i like to keep Jirachi hidden for later. Sorry if I seem stubborn, but this is how I like to surprise my opponents.

@jynx KB: I think i will replace t-wave for body slam on rachi instead because of rachi's higher speed and atk.

@Ramza Beoulve: The only problem with a tran lead is that it brings another ground weakness for my team to cover.

Thanx for the rates guys, keep them coming.

BTW im testing a Aerodactyl lead with this:

EV's: 180Hp 76Def 252Spe
Item: Leftovers
Moves:

Roost
Taunt
Torment
Stealth Rock

You want Body Slam on one of your Flinch Haxers, Probably Jirachi.

You want a Sub Tran to deal with the Rotoms and other Heatran that will ruin your flinch haxers. Probably put it over Scizor and give it Dragon Pulse, Fire Blast, Earth Power and sub so that it can also help beat cleric Dnite who will also stop your paraflinch haxing.

@ Sal the thief: yeah i found that out a lot, I'll stick with my miltank lead for now.

@ ILoveLiza: Like i said, tran adds another ground weakness and scizor stays on my team because of its usefullness for scouting/revenge killing, but i guess ill give tran a try.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Personally You have issues with Ground types, especially Flygon and Swampert.

I help with this I suggest a Tinkerbell Celebi over Togekiss (or lanturn) since ground types cannot switch in to Celebi for fear of Grass Knot/Leaf Storm. Celebi has Earthpower to hit Trans on the switch (or after it has paralysed them) and is also very bulky and gives you and Earthquake resist plus a way around stastus. It also has recovery.

Personally I would also like to see a Sub + 3 atack Machamp since with paralysis support its almost impossiable to take down, with Dynamic Punch you also give your opponient a 50% chance not to attack and with Paralysis the pokemon has a further 25% chance to be unable to attack. When you add in a Sub you have a very dificult pokemon to take down.

Thats it

Have a Nice Day!

And how does your Lead Miltanks work against 10 most common leads?

Azelf: Sashed taunts you and finish with Psychic or just b00m you out. Scarfed gives you Scarf so your Miltank is ruined.
Aerodactyl: Taunts you, set up and switch or finish you, Bodyslam is something like 6HKO.
Swampert: Now you can set up, congratsulations. Still you can't defeat it, with luck you get Para Hax.
Metagross: Both of you can set up and Metagross defeats Miltanks with Meteor Mash.
Jirachi: Gives you Scarf, have a nice day.
Machamp: Dynamicpunch... Knocks, you are out.
Infernape: Fake out, Close Combat OHKO and set up.
Ninjask: Sub, SD and Baton Pass. You can set up SR, yeah.
Roserade: Sleep Tight.
Tyranitar: Both sets up SR and it finish you.

I don't really have time to rate right now, but two quick things;

1. I'd suggest Adamant over Jolly on Flygon unless your purpose is to outrun some other scarfers or for some other reason. Regardless, you will lose a great amount of power by doing so.

and
2. Scizor doesn't scare ghosts off. Rotom can WoW you and laugh at your 120 BP (taken both technician and SE into account) pursuit from a halved base 130 atk.
Also Dusknoir can take at least 1 hit, and proceed to WoW you. If you're locked into Pursuit, or just anything that isn't Bullet Punch, Gengar can murder you with HP fire. It's not very common though, but I'm just pointing that out.
Also, Drifblim and Spiritomb (whom I doubt will be used in OU, but still) will killl you with WoW/setting up a SubPass respectively.
And last, Mismagius can get a Sub up on the switch from Miltank, Nasty Plot as you break it with your Scizor's pursuit/BulletPunch or something, and then kill you with Thunderbolt, or at least hit you with about 3/4 of your HP, which you can't Roost off.
So those are some, wether used or not, ghosts that your Scizor can face and be threatened by (at least some of them).

And how does your Lead Miltanks work against 10 most common leads?

Azelf: Sashed taunts you and finish with Psychic or just b00m you out. Scarfed gives you Scarf so your Miltank is ruined.
Aerodactyl: Taunts you, set up and switch or finish you, Bodyslam is something like 6HKO.
Swampert: Now you can set up, congratsulations. Still you can't defeat it, with luck you get Para Hax.
Metagross: Both of you can set up and Metagross defeats Miltanks with Meteor Mash.
Jirachi: Gives you Scarf, have a nice day.
Machamp: Dynamicpunch... Knocks, you are out.
Infernape: Fake out, Close Combat OHKO and set up.
Ninjask: Sub, SD and Baton Pass. You can set up SR, yeah.
Roserade: Sleep Tight.
Tyranitar: Both sets up SR and it finish you.
Well i can point out a lot of flaws in what your saying on my team, for starters Pert is destroyed easily by miltank, ninjask is easy to handle because all i need to do is curse up and body slam as it baton passes into a physical attacker and when the switch comes in it will take huge damage for a STAB body slam backed up by some curses. Jiachi is ruined because all I have to do is switch to flygon and bye bye rachi. For metagross i usually lose, so at least I have rocks down and have a safe switch in for one of my para pokes. For machamp, togekiss can scare him off. For nape, lanturn or flygon scares him away. For t-tar flygon spells gg to t-tar. For roserade i take the sleep like I always do and switch because t-spikes don't really bother me. For aero and azelf 95% of them don't taunt cuz they think i'm pathetic so they SR and atk me giving me a turn to SR, but if they do taunt, Scizor will scare them away.

Personally You have issues with Ground types, especially Flygon and Swampert.

I help with this I suggest a Tinkerbell Celebi over Togekiss (or lanturn) since ground types cannot switch in to Celebi for fear of Grass Knot/Leaf Storm. Celebi has Earthpower to hit Trans on the switch (or after it has paralysed them) and is also very bulky and gives you and Earthquake resist plus a way around stastus. It also has recovery.

Personally I would also like to see a Sub + 3 atack Machamp since with paralysis support its almost impossiable to take down, with Dynamic Punch you also give your opponient a 50% chance not to attack and with Paralysis the pokemon has a further 25% chance to be unable to attack. When you add in a Sub you have a very dificult pokemon to take down.
Hmmm.. ok celebi sounds good, but where can i put a machamp?

Thanx for the rates people.

Btw I'm testing Dunsparce

Dunsparce@ Choice Scarf
EV's: 4Hp 252Atk 252Spe
Nature: Adamant
Moves:

Rock Slide
Body Slam
Headbutt
Bite

This little fella is the God of hax cuz body slam has 60% chance of para and rock slide, bite, and headbutt hax 60% flinch. it's even better than Rachi when it comes to flinch.

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ah sorry I knew that I had forgot something,
I was thinking that Machamp could go over Flygon since Machamp can abuse that Thunderwaves much better than Flygon can.

Also I am not a big fan of Dunsparce, I know that he is an awesome flincher however, he just cannot take a hit and will die pretty quickly. He is outrun by most OU scarfers and Scizor beats him pretty well. Infact steel types like Heatran laugh at him, set up a Sub and then pound him with powerfull atacks.

Have a Nice Day!

Teams like this are getting so popular, lol.

Have'nt really have anything new to say except run Celebi on your lead position since Togekiss can take special hits like champ, seriously its bulk is often underestimated. I think Machamp could go over scizor since Flygon checks the threats already and set-up sweepers would end up being crippled due to all the paralysis running around.

I'd hate facing teams like this in the ladder :))
Hope I helped.

Well, the only problem with Celebi is that it adds another fire weakness to my team, but since i replaced scizor with SD Nape then celebi might be useful. I'll make the change now.

Ok changed lead to Celebi and changed scizor to SD nape and flygon was sacked for Machamp

First, I like this team a lot, but IMO you need things to paralyze ground types. Like you said before (at least I think it was you) you should consider Body Slam on Jirachi to hit things like Jolteon and bulky ground types, eg Swampert, Gliscor, and Hippowdon.

Also, I came across this while reading...

"...but I see one glaring problem in the form of Electivire. As soon as it switches into a Thunder Wave, Motor Drive kicks in, probably out-speeding Flygon." - jynx KB

Last time I checked, 100 is greater than 95...

ginganinja

Last I checked, Flygon has a scarf and highier base speed than Electivire allowing to outspeed Electivire with a Motor Srive boost.

I am not sure about SD nape over Scizor, why was it changed again?

I am not sure about SD nape over Scizor, why was it changed again?
I changed scizor because with the addition of celebi i needed a fire resist so Nape is used besides my friend had great success with SD nape so im gonna give it a go.

Sorry if I hadn't updated my RMT, but ill do it later cuz im lazy

Ok i need some help here, im torn between scarf gon and sub+ 3 attacks machamp, who should i choose?

I would recomend uxie as your lead from mattys team. It would fit in better and take away that extra fire weakness. He is just so bulky. Here is the set

Uxie @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/104 Def/152 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Trick
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

And as for machamp put him in over scizor since flygon has a scarf he is really your only revenge killer if somthing is not paralized. And for machamp I would go with

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP/252 Atk/16 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Dynamicpunch
- Payback
- Ice Punch

With ice punch it gives you another check to dragons plus parafusion and help against those pesky ghosts.

ginganinja

I think that Sub machamp is best as i already stated due to it abuseing paralysis much better than any of your pokemon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)