Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if it's been said but I think Terra Voltage ability will allow it's user to hit Ground types with Electric attacks.
Similar to Scrappy from Gen IV which allows your Normal or Fighting attacks to hit enemy ghosts. Swampert and company had better look out!

Dunno if it's been said but I think Terra Voltage ability will allow it's user to hit Ground types with Electric attacks.
If this is so, it'll help only very slightly with gyms and trainer battles and such. I probably won't be using the move. So much easier to switch to a water type imo ^^

And I'm seeing plenty of cities, starting town at the very bottom-right, a few other houses and towns on that peninsula, Hiun city and the place up across the desert, even more to the left of that and another left of the glacier in the west. If you look a bit closer, it isn't really very devoid of towns at all.
I guess its more a case that the towns and cities arent as large as we expected this time.

So because of the yin-yang one will be offensive and the other defensive I'm guessing.

I'm not sure why people are complaining that reshiram being the bulky one is such a bad thing, he would only be weak to rock, ground and dragon, which is not that bad
Stealth Rock weakness is big, along with being weak to Earthquake and Stone Edge. It does resist Bug, Electric, Fire (4x), Grass (4x), and Steel. However, many good attacking types hit it for neutral: Dark, Fighting, Ghost, Ice, Water, amongst other less common types.

Dragon/Fire is such a good offensive typing, so that's why we all think it would be a waste of potential. I'm thinking (hoping) one will be physically based (Zekrom) and the other special (Reshiram). Give Zekrom Dragon Dance, Outrage, Wild Volt, and Earthquake. Reshiram can run Draco Meteor / Fire Blast / Earth Power / filler, or maybe a special version of Dragon Dance.

Awesome Reshiram is Fire/Dragon something we've all been waiting for in 5 generations...woot...I wish its special based though , unlike most legendary dragons.

Offtopic: I know this is really offtopic but please PM me your answer i WOULD really appreciate it , can rotom forms be used in wifi competitive(not shoddy) , one of my friends told me you could use their moves but they wouldn't in that form.

A bit too many assumptions about the 5th gen's metagame for my taste, but if we pretend it's the same as this one, then yeah that's kind of a mediocre defensive typing and a huge waste of his potential.
[Seriously, STAB'd fire and dragon is ridiculously amazing]

Skarmory is used as a physical wall. Base 140 defense is not crappy. Besides, it has Roost/Rest/Sleep Talk. So movepool plays a factor. If it had no form of recovery at all it would probably not be used nearly as often, if at all.
Spikes and Whirlwind also plays a big role in his tier placement.

Rotom-A has good defense, special defense, and special attack. It does not have crappy stats. It also has a pretty good movepool.

So no. You listed two Pokemon that are OU because of typing, stats, and movepool. Not just because of typing and ability.
Guys, nobody can tell what is going to be OU and what not. But you can tell that Dark/Ground typing with that abilities are probably enough to make something playable in OU if it's stat are at least decent.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Awesome Reshiram is Fire/Dragon something we've all been waiting for in 5 generations...woot...I wish its special based though , unlike most legendary dragons.

Offtopic: I know this is really offtopic but please PM me your answer i WOULD really appreciate it , can rotom forms be used in wifi competitive(not shoddy) , one of my friends told me you could use their moves but they wouldn't in that form.
You can only use the Rotoms on local battles (you can not even get on the Wireless Union Room with them!). If you try go go on any of the Union Rooms, they will revert back and lose their special move.

Well to whoever was grateful that the croc Pokemon indicated a desert area, there's a huge expanse of dry area right above Hiun City that's almost the same size. Yay deserts.

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't think Reshiram is going to be defensive. It seems to represent Yang, and here is what Wikipedia has to say about Yang.
Wikipedia said:
Yang, by contrast, is characterized as fast, hard, solid, dry, focused, hot, and aggressive. They are associated with masculinity and with the daytime.
As for Yin (which Zekrom represents):
Wikipedia said:
Yin is usually characterized as slow, soft, insubstantial, diffuse, cold, wet, and tranquil. They are generally associated with femininity, birth and generation, and with the night.

Deserts are always best. If I'm right about the starting town being the one at the bottom right of the map, then I guess not to long till you can get it in-game. Also hoping trapinch makes a return this gen in the desert area.

Look below of the glacier in the west. Does that look like a marshland to anyone else?

Skarmory is used as a physical wall. Base 140 defense is not crappy. Besides, it has Roost/Rest/Sleep Talk. So movepool plays a factor. If it had no form of recovery at all it would probably not be used nearly as often, if at all.
Spikes and Whirlwind also plays a big role in his tier placement.

Rotom-A has good defense, special defense, and special attack. It does not have crappy stats. It also has a pretty good movepool.

So no. You listed two Pokemon that are OU because of typing, stats, and movepool. Not just because of typing and ability.
Oh shit, i pressed a button that erased everything i was going to say.
So whatever, i'm not going to make a huge post again lol

So, Electric/Dragon... Electric hitting many Ubers for SE certainly helps. STAB Thunder is a scary thought.

Deserts are always best. If I'm right about the starting town being the one at the bottom right of the map, then I guess not to long till you can get it in-game. Also hoping trapinch makes a return this gen in the desert area.

Look below of the glacier in the west. Does that look like a marshland to anyone else?
It looks like there is marshland in the northwest as well as the southeast. That "glacier" has two entrances, which should be an interesting adventure. There also appear to be two islands to the south. One is to the southwest of Hiun City, the other to the southeast. I wonder if we will be able to travel there?

The thing is, if gen5 adds as many Ubers as 4 did to the game [and if the rumor of 150 new Pogeys being present is true, that's certainly a very likely scenario] then talking about the Uber metagame is kind of pointless as it will drastically change.

Yin is usually characterized as slow, soft, insubstantial, diffuse, cold, wet, and tranquil. They are generally associated with femininity, birth and generation, and with the night.
I suppose thunderstorms occur at night or make things darker? :P

So, Electric/Dragon... Electric hitting many Ubers for SE certainly helps. STAB Thunder is a scary thought.
I have a feeling Zekrom and Kyogre are going to be best friends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eight_principles said:
The Eight Principles are one of the basic ways traditional Chinese medicine has to diagnose. It uses the following eight divisions of symptoms:

• Yin or Yang (yin-yang 陰陽)
  • Superficial or internal (li-biao 表裡) gives an understanding of where the illness started, from the outside or from the inside. Also can give an indication of the direction the illness is taking, becoming more external or going deeper into the body.
  • Cold or hot (han-re 寒熱)
  • Deficient or Replete (xu-shi 虛實)
I think I found something here.

2v2 matches with Zek-Ogre vs Resh-Don is going to be weird then.

Yeah these two alone are going to revise the entire Uber tier I think.

Ice/Dragon for the third could work. My question is what color it's going to be; grey isn't quite so fantastic-super-hyper-kickass for a legendary.

ubers will be fun with stab legendary fire and thunders :)

I mean, someone gets to use the help os the rain or sum and actually get bonuses with stab
watch them getting banned from ubers if they're strong enough

I don't really understand the point of Telekinesis. What is the advantage of making the opponent levitate?
You could use it on your partner in 2v2. Or if it replaces the ability with Levitate, you could screw over Pokémon relying on their ability (e.g. Shedinja).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)