World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

Lol, nice but I find pro keepers, as the elite, and I always love to watch them save cool shots
Do you think Australia or Ghana will win???

I predicted all poule matches left.

FRIDAY (TODAY)

Denmark - Cameroon 2-1
Australia - Ghana 1-1

SUNDAY

Slovakia - Paraguay 0-1
Italia - New Sealand 1-0
Brasil - Ivory Coast 2-0

MONDAY

Portugal - North Korea 2-0
Chile - Switzerland 0-1
Spain - Honduras 3-0

TUESDAY

Mexico - Uruguay 0-0
France - South Africa 0-1
Nigeria - South Korea 1-0
Greece - Argentinia 0-2

WEDNESDAY

Slovenia - England 1-2
USA - Algeria 2-0
Ghana - Germany 0-3
Australia - Serbia 1-3

THURSDAY

Denmark - Japan 3-0
Cameroon - Netherlands 1-2
Slovakia - Italy 0-1
Paraguay - New Sealand 2-0

FRIDAY
Portugal - Brasil 2-3
North Korea - Ivory Coast 1-2
Chile - Spain 0-3
Switzerland - Honduras 3-2

norulz

excellent
terrible goalkeeping though, I think Ghana might still have a shot at winning and I don't think Australia can go without conceding goals

what the fuck?

harry kewell sent off...

edit: well shit 1-1

fair red card but still. pretty sure we're screwed.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
the aussies are probably screwed in this match, 60 minutes to go with 10 people

this wouldn´t have happened if those 2 players hadn´t let the ghana player through like it was nothing...at first I thought the ref. would call a penalty because of a foul, I doubt that he saw the ball hitting the arm clearly

Once again Australia has been disadvantaged by bad refereeing, the red card on Kewell with an unintential handball and then Ayew with a studs up tackle from behind which should have been red in my opinion. Still we did a good performance.

Once again Australia has been disadvantaged by bad refereeing, the red card on Kewell with an unintential handball and then Ayew with a studs up tackle from behind which should have been red in my opinion. Still we did a good performance.
Sorry to disagree, but he stopped a goal there, and that should always be a red card.

If a player uses his hand to stop a clear goal, he should be sent off and then a penalty is awarded. Now, think about it: if the keeper stops the penalty, and the player was not sent off, that would be clearly unfair with the team that had a goal stolen from them.

The red card was fair.

Kewells hands wasn't on purpose. A penalty without a card would be too much. No punishment would be the best. Australia would've won with 11 man, they deserved to win with 10 man.

Sorry to disagree, but he stopped a goal there, and that should always be a red card.

You're wrong the Fifa rules of the game states that denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper within his own penalty area). I do not believe that Kewell delibrately handballed as the ball hit his arm rather than his arm hitting the ball. His arms were by his sides in the manner which they would be if he wants to chance direction fast. The ball was hit hard and he didn't really have time to react and if anything you saw him trying to shift his body in front of the ball.

If a player uses his hand to stop a clear goal, he should be sent off and then a penalty is awarded. Now, think about it: if the keeper stops the penalty, and the player was not sent off, that would be clearly unfair with the team that had a goal stolen from them.

It would be unfair, but it's also unfair that a player gets sent off for the ball being kicked at them. I personally think that they should just make it a goal rather than going to penalty.

The red card was fair.
That's your view, but is only technically right if you honestly believe Kewell intentionally handballed.

The red card was fair.

Kewell couldn't move out of the way. The ball was shot right at him and he couldn't move. It was unfair imo. If he had been and inch to his right the ball would have hit his chest / lower torso and the play would have continued, but instead it hit his arm, unintentionally, so he gets a red card? Just not fair. A penalty should still be given but not a red card.

He didn't even tried to move. Intention cannot be detected, and those kind of plays are always subjective to the referee's opinion. He DID stop the goal, and you can't say he did or didn't had the intention. The thing is that he DID stop the shot, and need to be punished for that.

If the situation was reversed, I believe you wouldn't be criticizing the referee.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Kewell couldn't move out of the way. The ball was shot right at him and he couldn't move. It was unfair imo. If he had been and inch to his right the ball would have hit his chest / lower torso and the play would have continued, but instead it hit his arm, unintentionally, so he gets a red card? Just not fair. A penalty should still be given but not a red card.
There's no ball-to-hand clause in football, and regardless kewell moved his arm (if only slightly) towards the goal.

I know most of the referees have been shit this tournament but that was a justified red card+penalty.

He didn't even tried to move. Intention cannot be detected, and those kind of plays are always subjective to the referee's opinion. He DID stop the goal, and you can't say he did or didn't had the intention. The thing is that he DID stop the shot, and need to be punished for that.

If the situation was reversed, I believe you wouldn't be criticizing the referee.
Yeah, he stopped it with upper arm/shoulder there was literally no real way he could react and get his arm out of the way in 0.3 seconds. I believe you shouldn't make generalisations without knowing someone.

@cookie: "that denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball" that's means that if it was ball to hand ( in other words not delibrate) its not a red card. You can make your own opinion on whether it was delibrate but in my mind it wasn't so I find the red card decision unfair.

Handball is not a foul when the arm is stuck with the body. In this case it wasn't. 100% chance of goal stopped by a foul = red card. I agree Ayew should have been sent off btw.

1-2 Denmark. Ajax-player Dennis Rommedahl. Great goal and great assist for the 1-1 from Bendtner. He plays very well. Great thing: he was transferfree in this summer and he signed a new,one-year contract for Ajax. He wanted a 2-year, but now he gets 1-year with automatically a second season added when he plays a certain number of games. Many clubs wanted him because he was free, even tough he just became 32 years old. He is a fast right winger, used as supersub for Ajax. In the starting lineup, he sucks, when he is a sub, he almost always scores every game he gets at least 20 minutes substituting someone else. Rommedahl gets a much lower wage and is okay with it.

GO DENMARK!

I am Dutch, but I really hate the Dutch team, I like the Danish team and the Uruguayan team.

If it stays like this (Cameroon 1-2 Denmark), then Cameroon will be the first team eliminated from the World Cup :o and the Dutch pretty much guarenteed a place in the next round. Both goalkeepers been kept honest, with some great saves from both keepers.. all in all it's been a great game to watch! Wish I could say the same about England last night..

Denmark v Cameroon was easily the best match I have seen so far this tournament.

Screw England and their shite, Rommedahl and co have given me reason to be extra proud of my Danish routes. They've already accomplished more than England have in my lifetime, and they actually play as one organized unit.

They have a great chance of progressing now against an unimpressive Japanese side, and although they may not get much further than that, go Denmark!

I predicted all poule matches left.

FRIDAY (TODAY)

Denmark - Cameroon 2-1
Australia - Ghana 1-1

So far so good it seems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)