World Cup: South Africa 2010 - Paul and Spain win!

nice goals by spain, chile down to 10 no chance of coming back, although that yellow was kinda harsh. now chile's fate is in the hands of honduras, which arent that reliable

edit: ok i take that back, chile might do this

spain vs portugal, should be good but seeing how the other eagerly anticipated games went, you probably wouldnt bet on it

brazil vs chile genuinely should be good, both are attacking sides so who knows what could happen, chile might even cause a huge huge upset

I'm glad Spain and Chile advanced, Switzerland had it easy with Honduras and still they could have lost, Honduras had some chances at the end, if only they could learn how to pass the ball when they are 5 against 3 lol.

Tight matches, even some that have a clear favorite like Argentina.

EDIT:

Iggybot said:
In the moment, only getting to see it once, from a different angle than us viewers and at normal speed while paying attention to the play, I can see why the referee blew the call.
I agree. Also the other referee was not of any help either and he was much more closer to see it.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Harsh? HARSH?? There was no contact. That bastard dived to get the Chilian player sent off.

I hope this referee faces the same fate Coulibaly did.
Why? They did clip ankles, though it was clearly accidental after watching the replay. That's the thing though, it's easy to say this kind of stuff after watching the replay 5 times.

In the moment, only getting to see it once, from a different angle than us viewers and at normal speed while paying attention to the play, I can see why the referee blew the call.

I watched the game at university. Damn, the room always went down when Meireles missed that... I still screamed goal xD

Portugal played too much on the defense in this match, but I guess if Simão started things would have been different. Almost all offensive plays were created by Ronaldo or Coentrão, we needed more firepower out there. Danny is underperforming so far, and Simão, though much better, doesn't quite seem to be in top physical form (neither does Ronaldo, btw). Now we start to see just how much Nani's absense can affect us...

Still, there were none embarassing moments from the defense, which, against Brazil, is pretty good. Eduardo's form surprised me, he imposed himself on the box.
And the diving... if Italy played tomorrow, you'd be saying the same thing.

Brazil was able to control the midfield, but thay had difficulties in the last 1-2 passes before shooting. They could have been more dangerous, if they had Kaka (or Ronaldinho :P ).

Also, a salute to the North Korean players, for all their shortcomings, they were able to play honourably. I pray for their safety. I do believe they'll be fine, since half the world empathized with them, and if word came out that they "disappeared"... then NK would be even more fucked in international relations than they currently are.

I didn't watch the Group H's matches (exam), but seems like we got the big fish. So all I'll say is... bring it on ;)

ANYHOO

what's the deal with you guys playing Julio César when he has a back injury and needs an elastic back brace to play? it seemed like he was in excruciating pain at least a couple times
He is the best keeper in the world right now, and he wants to play. Everybody wants to be a part of a World Cup for Brazil, it's like a dream for every single soccer player, specially if you're talking about a country five times champion.

So, if he wants to play, and thinks he is able to do it, why not allow it?

Or do you think he is not able to do it? I believe he showed the world what he is able to do, even with a back hurt.

He is the best keeper in the world right now, and he wants to play. Everybody wants to be a part of a World Cup for Brazil, it's like a dream for every single soccer player, specially if you're talking about a country five times champion.

So, if he wants to play, and thinks he is able to do it, why not allow it?

Or do you think he is not able to do it? I believe he showed the world what he is able to do, even with a back hurt.
I believe what he meant was, Brazil alredy had the qualification assured, yet they decided to put on a player that, despite being excellent, was at risk of aggravating his injury.
Imagine if Julio Cesar got injured severely. He would miss the next match, that is much more important than this one was.

This game was actually very important, since being top of the group would mean be in the opposite side of great opponents. Facing Argentina, or England, or Spain, later in the competition.

Also, it wouldn't be aggravated if the portuguese player didn't step on his back. =P

Then they're even. In the end, no one shouted Golo, Gol, Goal, or anything similar. Well, I shouted "Gol" in Nilmar's shoot, but Eduardo saved it.

Brazil's coaches are fucking retarded for letting Cesar play.

You're already qualified for the world cups and you're going to fuck up one of your best players for an insignificant game?

Again, it's not insignificant. If Brazil had lost, we would need to face Spain on the next game, with great chances of facing Argentina before the finals. Better letting them beat at eachother and stay on the easy group.

Also, if he weren't feeling well, he would have been substituted before the end of the game.

err Precognition, its not a insignifcant game. And Cesar was doing fine even with a small injury that he suffered on a friendly match against Zimbawe before WC. And he's fine, and will play against Chile.

I agree dunga is a dumbass btw... where's ronaldinho, ph ganso...

I watched the game at university. Damn, the room always went down when Meireles missed that... I still screamed goal xD
would be a goal if meireles had a left foot...

would be a goal if meireles had a left foot...
Lol'd

@WC I've made a bet about what teams are gonna be in semifinals and they are Spain/Argentina & Netherlands/Uruguay.
So the final will be Netherlands/I don't know xD

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hah you wish, that 3-1? Just letting you guys taste an unofficial win since we will destroy you officially :3

Marquez > Rooney

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)