CAP 11 CAP 11 - Art Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Chaoscrippler:
I'd like to see some color and details on this guy.
I'm afraid it might look too much like a steel type though.

@ SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET:
I like 5 and 8 personally, 8 the best. I like 6 too though. 7 might look too much like a steel type.

Ok. So, I made it uh... well... I... you see... now it has...
...well, I made it... less...
It's less... boobish....

I hope it's at least down to "gardevoir level" now. haha

I also made the hands a big larger.

I also included the alternate coloration that I liked the most, but input on the others, or any color ideas is still very much appreciated. This is probably the last time I'ma post on here tonight, so any criticism is welcome. Thank you :)

@ hark, Generally the whispy gaseous look is associated with ghost pokemon. However depending on the coloring, you can define the typing as dark! But it does look excellent!

@ Meekhead, Where's its left arm? lol But looking good! Definatly less boobish now :P
And I agree, 8 was my favorite too.

@meekhead: I really like this one. Much improved over your first draft, but I think you need to work on the right leg and left arm. The pose is awesome but the obscured limbs seem to just disappear. Both color schemes are great, if forced to choose I'd pick the one on the left but the one on the right has better eyes. A very elegant depiction of the typing and stat bias as well. Good job.

@C~Dog: I disagree with you and agree with SIHYLSENTRET. Darkrai is somewhat wispy yet is dark type. As long as the samurai is solid and has a dark aura flowing away from him he can still be obviously Fighting/Dark. I can picture a finished product where he still has that aura effect yet doesn't look ghost.

hark: I really like this design, but I have to agree with the others saying it looks more Ghost than Dark. The flowing spirit form almost always bring to mind Ghost pokemon. Honestly, right now I think it looks more like an alternative to Revenankh than a Fighting/Dark.

That being said, I love the design, it looks almost exactly like a pokemon would, however it needs to have a more... 'solid' form if it is to work for this CAP imo.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i think people should worry less about what "immediately springs to mind" with types like ghost and dark

if you saw that samurai with a shadowy wisp coming out of it and the game listed it as dark/fighting, i'm sure you could stomach it

looks great hark, would love to see it blown up and coloured!

I finally finished coloring this piece of art. I really like the way this one came out as well! I'm not quite sure what he is doing but it looks pretty interesting I think. Do you think that I can start working on my final submission piece. If you guys have any interesting ideas for the pose I should use for that piece, I'd be incredibly grateful! Well, I am off to bed now, I had a long day! Goodnight!

Possibly a semi-squat pose with his hands close together charge some kind of aura sphere? Looks fantastic btw, wasn't a real fan of it when you posted the rough sketch, but seeing it come to life has really turned me around.

Thought I'd give this a shot. I figured there's something dark-esque about reptiles, and considering that it pretty much has to be bipedal to be a fighting type, I threw this together.

The pose is some sort of Tai Chi pose, and since CAP 11 will be primarily specially-based, I figured it kind of fit. I made an account just to post this, so lemme know what you guys think!

I suppose I'll get working on some supporting art with more poses and stuff soon.

That is really good. The pose is creative and it fits the theme. The only criticism I have is the color scheme. I think a darker one would fit better. I want see more poses and supporting art. You could take this idea to the poll.

SEO's new coloring is really really awesome.
It's easily my favorite and would probably never raise any of those awkward "How does Kitsunoh know punching moves" kind of questions.

Hark, I have to say I really like the concept of your Samurai. The colors seem a little subdued to me though, maybe brighten them up a bit. And this is me nitpicking, but... maybe try to make him seem like he has more of a physical form around his torso and head? Don't get me wrong, it looks really badass, but as others have pointed out, it makes him seem more ghost-typed than dark.

@Hark, like others have pointed out it the whisps look pretty ghost type. However, that doesn't mean you have to get rid of them. Give him a jet black torso and keep the whisps the same color.

I love the design, hark. I actually meant to show support for your design in my previous post but then I couldn't find it in this massive thread, haha. Anyways, it looks amazing. I liked the original pattern that you had on it's "skirt" but that's only a minor detail, anyway.

Designwise

@SEO: Your design is my favorite so far. If I may suggest an additional bit for the 'Dex entry, why not mention that they were some of the first Pokemon to be trained and were used by an ancient civilization as temple guardians (or something)? That way there would be a stated reason for why they sat in temples alone. Also, maybe you could make the red coloration the Shiny if you win. Other than that? I really can't think of any other suggestions!

@Jackrip: While I do like bipedal Pokemon, I'm just a tad biased toward anything that looks "Too Human" and Jackrip looks...too human. I don't know, it's not the necktie, it simply seems like a cartoony, simplified version of an artist's interpretation of old Jack the ripper

I can't draw:pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)