SmogonDex for iPhone, iPod, iPad

I've got an OK from the staff, and the app is in a very early design stage. It's good to hear all of the positive reception so far!

How long do iphone apps take to develop by the way?
There's no way I can give you a general length of time, as it varies depending on several factors. But just to give you an idea, the Pokedex app I've already made took about a month of work, plus some extra development time making updates after its release.

Sounds cool, but to be honest the pokemon app we really need is shoddy battle.
Well, unless Game Freak made it, there cant be a SB app because Pokemon is copyrighted. Also, there would be much lag. It would be cool if they made a big, paperback, Pokedex-style book of Smog strat for people who are scared of iPods.

Approximate cost? Hasn't been discussed in this thread much, from what I've read.

No need to say I support, since it is already in developement.

I'm pretty sure this point was brought up earlier, but iTouch/iPhone/iPad don't share the same App Store, or something like that. Does that mean you'd have to fabricate three seperate apps, or can you just do a copy/pasta + edit?

Also, what features are planned to be included from this thread? All of them, or just the ones in the OP?

One last question; how would updates work? Would it be able to update whenever there is access to a WiFi point, or would you need to redownload the app (Smogon U v1.1, et cetera) for the new articles?

Either way, there is no one that can convince me not to buy this. :3

*snip*

One last question; how would updates work? Would it be able to update whenever there is access to a WiFi point, or would you need to redownload the app (Smogon U v1.1, et cetera) for the new articles?

Either way, there is no one that can convince me not to buy this. :3

If they do have to make updates, is there a feature so that the updates would be free if you had already downloaded an older version?

I was thinking about a smogon app before and that lead me to think of a shoddy app for the iphone. I thought that would be very cool in addition to the smogdex.

I have not completed any further work on this, due to other full-time commitments (sorry!).

On a related note, I received a notice from Apple saying Nintendo believes my Pokédex app infringes their copyright (it's true). I will be corresponding with Nintendo to resolve the issues; the outcome may affect how one would approach the development of the SmogonDex.

I'll post in the Programming subforum if I restart work on this project. Before that happens, if there is anyone else with the time and resources who wishes to start development on an app like this, go right ahead. Maybe make a post in Programming to let us know you're taking it. I am open for collaboration, PM me if you want to discuss development.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)