Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

User 43539

Banned deucer.
I wouldnt want remakes, they get annoying. What, there's going to be a landruby, and seasaphire? And next gen, a...timediamond and spacepearl? and then for 7th gen,..............................darkblack and lightwhite?

Then why would they make a HG/SS when the 5th gen comes out a year after? It was more than 6 years old, and yet they still remade it, with only a litle things knew
gamefreak does a remake for a new system, the trend has followed like...

GBA - fr/lf
NDS - hg/ss
3DS - r/s remakes?

It'd make no sense for them to make remakes on a system where they have already made remakes on. 5th gen is the last game they will work on for the DS, with the 3DS coming up, evey company would want to explore and get decent games made for it. They could save the remakes for r/s after 6th gen is made for the 3DS, do they want to release 6th gen after four years the 3DS has launched? I would think not, take in account it takes 2/3 years for a pokemon game to be made, there's no point releasing or even making efforts for r/s remakes aimed at the ds, it's better to focus those on the 3DS along with 6th gen.

gamefreak does a remake for a new system, the trend has followed like...

GBA - fr/lf
NDS - hg/ss
3DS - r/s remakes?

It'd make no sense for them to make remakes on a system where they have already made remakes on. 5th gen is the last game they will work on for the DS, with the 3DS coming up, evey company would want to explore and get decent games made for it. They could save the remakes for r/s after 6th gen is made for the 3DS, do they want to release 6th gen after four years the 3DS has launched? I would think not, take in account it takes 2/3 years for a pokemon game to be made, there's no point releasing or even making efforts for r/s remakes aimed at the ds, it's better to focus those on the 3DS along with 6th gen.
That´s my point, if you read back I was responding to a guy that said: What´s the point of making a remake of a 6 year old game? So I'm saying: The why did they remake HG/SS, if it's more that 6 years old? See my point? And there was another person that talked about the patterns in the previous page, maybe you should go check that out

Wasn't Hoenn the most hated region? I remember near the end of it's lifespan people were saying how much they disliked Hoenn... I guess time alters opinions.

That´s my point, if you read back I was responding to a guy that said: What´s the point of making a remake of a 6 year old game? So I'm saying: The why did they remake HG/SS, if it's more that 6 years old? See my point? And there was another person that talked about the patterns in the previous page, maybe you should go check that out
I was the guy .-.

I wasn't talking about the age of the pokemon game, rather the gaming system age.

I might be in the minority on this, but if they have triple battles in B&W, they should have seriously considered upping the team limit from six to eight or nine.

I mean, come on. Half your team at once? That's insane.

The one thing that seems bad about Hoenn in itself is the huge amount of tedious surfing that needs to be done in the later parts of the game. The country itself is pretty cleverly designed. The gym leaders could use some updates (While Brawly isnt the only one using an NFE as his final poke in the second gym, Scyther is decisively more impressive then Makuhita, and then theres Roserade and Starmie to compete with) but aside from that, Hoenn was a pretty amazing place.

I believe it was in the last thread that said this, however... The huge water route in the latter third of the game can be seen as a pun with Team Aqua's plan to expand the sea, with the former 2/3rds of the game being a pun on Team Magma's land expansion.

I really never noticed that before, and it just shows how cleverly made Hoenn was for its plotline.

I just noticed something in the trailer, though it may only pertain to that point in the game.

It was in the new trailer when they shown that you could catch the Pikachu from the online 'Dream Sequence' that Tsuja was put into. However, I noticed that the ball only shook once before it was a confirmed catch. I would hope that it only occurs in the Dream Sequence or certain events.

I just rather like the feeling of tension you sometimes have when watching for the three-shake-spark when catching something rare or a legendary for the first time. I suppose this is just coming from a guy who literally had to chuck 99 Ultra Balls at Zapdos in the old Red version though. :/

Someone said we don't know lv18 Tsutaja outspeeds lv25 Mijumaru in the demo because Mijumaru used Revenge. . . Revenge has equal priority with Grass Mixer (probably).

And yeah, let's not have 3rd gen remakes because we can't think of interesting names for them now. Ignore the tidal waves of money HGSS brought in. I heard Nintendo will be starting their anti-profit campaign this fall anyway.

Wasn't Hoenn the most hated region? I remember near the end of it's lifespan people were saying how much they disliked Hoenn... I guess time alters opinions.
Hoenn was very popular i thought because of the new things it introduced,like secret bases and contests. I loved how it was mostly ocean and the lendaries puzzles. You have to admit that it had a more intricate plot than DPPt.

And now everyone misses secret bases,so I think its liked over all.

There were good Pokedex reasons for HGSS. With the GBA being phased out (see: DSi, 3DS) they needed a way to obtain the rest of the Pokemon without being forced to use Pal Park.

Fortunately, we should be know about a RSE remake when BW are released (after all, they did strongly hint at a GSC remake in DPP, and I think they hinted about FRLG in RS).

And any remake would probably be on the 3DS. I expect BW to take advantage of some of the 3DS features (probably having extra code/whatever to allow for 3D depth), and for the third game to be exclusive to the 3DS (like in GSC).

And yeah, let's not have 3rd gen remakes because we can't think of interesting names for them now. Ignore the tidal waves of money HGSS brought in. I heard Nintendo will be starting their anti-profit campaign this fall anyway.
Ahahaha

Anyway, I really disliked RSE by the end of their stay. The plots for both Aqua and Magma seemed really dumb to me. Plus the games just seem short and kinda boring.

Aqua - Expand the sea and drown everyone.
Magma - Expand the land. DIE FISHIES and no more drinking water. AHAHAHAHAHAHA

I would like to see Wotter, an Emo Otter turn out to be Water/Dark. Pretty bad defensivly, but so are Blaziken and Ape, plus it's decnet offensivly except for Breloom being a dick (and probably others). But it doesn't matter as I'll be taking the Grass starter for my first playthrough like I normally do. Chikorita>Cyndaquil/Totodile. Love me some Grass Pokemanz.

I would love to see Hoenn in upgraded graphics.
Ruby & Sapphire were very pretty games, and you could tell it took advantage of the GBA, so seeing it on the 3DS...
Oh oh and hearing the updated music would be love~

edit: really the only iffy thing about the game was that leveling spots were a bit lopsided. After Route 121, you basically only have the ocean to level up on until Victory Road. Which is fine for grass, electric, various neutrals but it sucks when you've got water-weak Pokemon to level up.
If they bring in the Match Call, but let you call people to set up rematches ala HGSS, that would help.

edit 2: Oh man.
Ruby & Sapphire with day/night cycles.

And dive routes with better graphics. . . /orgasm

They can always fix that levlling issue with an expansion to Pacifcdlog (wow sp) or Mossdeep with places to level. Pacifcdlog always seemed kind of unfinished, which is too bad, because it was such a cool area.

They can always fix that levlling issue with an expansion to Pacifcdlog (wow sp) or Mossdeep with places to level. Pacifcdlog always seemed kind of unfinished, which is too bad, because it was such a cool area.
I think an interesting fix would be make the Sky Tower available pre-E4, with the tiles uncracked, like in Emerald when you have to go get Rayquaza.
But, Pokemon can still be found in it, let's say ~mid to late 30s depending on the floor. However if you climbed the tower Rayquaza wouldn't be there.
After you beat the E4, Rayquaza comes down to roost, the tiles crack, and the Pokemon are upgraded to normal levels.

Hoenn remakes I feel are inevitable, for obvious reasons. RSE were actually my favorite games, so I'm excited to see what they come up with. The water routes toward the latter half of the game have never been an issue for me, what with all the rematches and stuff (which start appearing once you beat Norman), and the plot was the best out of all the games IMO (DP was a clone of this, basically). There was a large variety of habitats and generally cool pokemon designs so I'd be thrilled to see revamped versions of the game.

Around my area everyone who i knew that was into it hated it at the start but actually loved them near the end. At first i hated them because i thought they had completely gotten rid of all the older pokemon. That was due to me freaking out about the pokedex... back then i didnt use the net at all like i do now.I didn't know the game had older pokemon sprites programed in it. then after i seen FR&LG in nintendo power magazine i calmed down >_<

anyways this time around I'm more interested in knowing the new attacks and what they do. I hope they go back and redo some of the current attacks. One example is gust attack. I know its supposed to be a beginner attack for flying types but i always thought of gusts to vary in intensity. So i have hopes it turns into a flying type magnitude... eh but its highly unlikely. Games /=/ Logic =/

Aaaah Dive,the funest of all HMs,and hopefully it will return some day,becaus eundersea caverns and Sootopolis city were the shiz.

Hopefully they will come out with RSE remakes,because those would be the best Pokemon games to have ever existed.

To be honest r/s/e is my favourite gen. I find it very unique and I loved surfing island to island. Music was flawless, loved it to bits. Now if these games wre on the 3DS O_o mindblowing! 3D effects underwater whoa along with everything else.

To be honest r/s/e is my favourite gen. I find it very unique and I loved surfing island to island. Music was flawless, loved it to bits. Now if these games wre on the 3DS O_o mindblowing! 3D effects underwater whoa along with everything else.
Agreed. I loved Pokemon since it started. But when Ruby and Sapphire came out, I started to love the series for its mechanics and the games especially.

Depending on how they hint the 3rd generation remakes might determine if there are going to be remade. I mean if they don't then probably on the 6th gen they will be. But I would love to see them explore the dive feature to new depths (puns lol) I loved diving when I played it and I hope there are more dive able areas, like extra areas where you can get extra items or new pokemon.

I hope we never see RSE remakes. Or at least not anytime soon. I hate that these games aren't even that old, still have connectivity to this gen and people want to see them remade.

It feels way to soon and I would rather see GF work on a companion series rather than "make 3 gen 5 games and then remakes".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)