Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really liking things, and I think we all should be, there is no need to fight over it, I don't care if you don't like it or not, it is what it is so whoever is arguying deal with it.

The only thing I dislike is the notion that the PokeShifter isn't going to be usable ingame. I wanted to use Zorua ingame, but apparently you can't get it until you transfer Celebi up from Gen VI, and you can't do THAT until you beat the game.

EDIT: At the end of the turn, if it's raining, a Pokémon with Hydration's status problems are healed.

About design: just how many people complained about how ugly Togekiss was?
Or that Magmortar was lol fat and even uglier than Magmar?

And now, do we even care about looks? Yeah, thought so.

So, guys: again i don't follow the news here, but do you think GameFreak is going to give second abilities to pokes?

Because i would love something like Solid Rock Regirock (it makes sense IMO, and it would just make Regirock damn impossible to OHKO under Sandstorm. It would make possible to set up Curses on some attacking freaks like Metagross (without CB) spamming Meteor Mash >_>

The game is turning out boss. There isn't much left to hope for besides the rest of the pokemon turning out great and what not.

Has anyone confirmed what will happen if a sturdy pokemon is holding focus sash? Will it be like shedninja where you have to KO it twice?

either way I can definitely see recovery pokemon like skarmory and forretress (rest) putting sturdy to good use. They could end up possibly countering things that they weren't able to in the past if nothing else is changed.

About design: just how many people complained about how ugly Togekiss was?
Or that Magmortar was lol fat and even uglier than Magmar?

And now, do we even care about looks? Yeah, thought so.
Magmortar looks cool though. It's got freaking flamethrowers (literally) for arms, and it no longer has a butthead.

Has anyone confirmed what will happen if a sturdy pokemon is holding focus sash? Will it be like shedninja where you have to KO it twice?

either way I can definitely see recovery pokemon like skarmory and forretress (rest) putting sturdy to good use. They could end up possibly countering things that they weren't able to in the past if nothing else is changed.
well because they dont have 1 hp they wont still be at full health when there focus sash is activated, they will be at one health out of (lets say 400) so sturdy wouldnt activate

I'm going to be honest with you, giving Sturdy that new little perk is sure to help a ton of the Steel and Rock types that have fallen to UU. My personal favorite being Steelix, if you remember he use to be an absolute tank in the old Metagames, but when Bulkier Waters came around his position just get murdered. But I've found he can still be used but just not as effectively, his STAB'd Gyro Ball with a -Speed Nature/ 0 Speed IVs is an absolute killer and with an immunity to Stealth Rock and massive Defense he can come in on a lot of Physical Pokemon, and shrug off an Explosion like a champ. But of course he just gets hit way too hard by a lot of Pokemon and gets OHKO'd by a few things in OU. Hopefully he'll get a few more tools to utilize (As in something better then the Fangs) and he could jump back up in usage. But that might be wishful thinking on my end.

Though as a whole Sturdy could be most excellent for A LOT of Pokemon using it. But with entry hazards being everywhere Rapid Spin will be seen a ton more to make sure that this free Focus Sash won't be broken for nothing. Who knows. Things are really likely to change with our old Pokemon. This is great news.

So to sum up Vaporeon: It can either heal HP or status. The variable that remains constant is that water must be present in one shape or form. Pretty interesting. Makes me wonder how this will work with the other eeveelutions (Jolteon in particular).

I like the updates to sturdy, as now Golem (one of my top favorites) actually has a chance in serious battles now without being considered an "inferior" Rhydon or something. Counter will really become dangerous now as anything trying to use physical moves gets crushed, and a Rock Polish set becomes more viable now.

Aggron however is the question. Do I go for automatic focus sash, or recoil free Head Smash?

Have you considered, perhaps, that those simple designs are what the gen 5 bashers liked to begin with?.
I have considered that, and I see a lot of simple designs in Gen V Pokemon. Not all of the new designs are overly complex Digimon designs. Some are I admit, but not all of them.

Basically, even if you like simple designs there is no reason to state that Gen V sucks. Gen V has simple designs, many of which would have been right at home in Gen I.

observations
it pisses me off that they show all the pokemon they have released, EXCEPT for the two we havent seen the face of, sarcophoghost, and elespider (and the tsuaja and mijumaru evo's broccolimon and hatooboo, and bigger mole, and rockfish/pressure pokemon prevo)
why have the tiny mole on there withouth the big mole in a connecting outline, like all the other ones? and the 'mantis' pokemon isnt on there so we dont know if he is related to kibago yet

has the grass owl been confirmed/debunked?

Though as a whole Sturdy could be most excellent for A LOT of Pokemon using it. But with entry hazards being everywhere Rapid Spin will be seen a ton more to make sure that this free Focus Sash won't be broken for nothing. Who knows. Things are really likely to change with our old Pokemon. This is great news.
Agreed, Stealth Rock is still a big issue. I'm wondering if Flail will actually be seen on Donphan or Sudowoodo now, although I guess they need prediction or a Custap berry.

To be fair there are many, many ugly Pokemon out there. Just what where Game Freak thinking when they made Heatran? It almost comes close to Magmar. We need some decent Fire-types that actually look decent - Infernape was a bit of a step towards that.

I'm just hoping no more entry hazards at all; if GF make anything like spikes that inflict burn, any physical sweeper that's not up in the air is doomed.

Woah, so Sturdy is like Focus Sash now? ;o
There are fascinating possibiltiies.
A number of Sturdy Pokemon are immune to SS and take reduced damage from SR so that helps in combination with Leftovers.
People are already suggesting trolls like:

Aggron@Custap
Protect
Metal Burst
Endeavour
Attack

Should be possible to kill one and maim another.

I see Sudowoodo being able to do some decent work once this new Sturdy ability gets activated.

And the fact that GF is changing a few current pokemon abilities, and game changing ideas, tms, etc.. theres no end to what else will change.

Though so far.. i dont see any change in the tiers.

I hope the game is fast-paced but lasts for a long time. It took me a day to complete the Kanto section of HG, and I'm usually considered an extremely slow gamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)