Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

No - buneary moves in a fixed pattern, so it will do nothing ^^
The two cowgirls, the pachirisu, and I think one or two more NPCs off screen WILL affect your frames. That is the reason why frame calibration is so important in DPPt RNG ^^

No - buneary moves in a fixed pattern, so it will do nothing ^^
The two cowgirls, the pachirisu, and I think one or two more NPCs off screen WILL affect your frames. That is the reason why frame calibration is so important in DPPt RNG ^^
The Pachirisu is incorrect, as it does not advance the frame in DPPt. There is a total of 5 NPC's is Solaceon Town that advance the frame = 2 cowgirls, 2 farmers, and the 1 gentleman. You can see the 2 cowgirls when you are next to the Day-Care man, but the other 3 moving NPC's are not seen but advance the frame nonetheless.

They will advance your frame, however if you just restart your game and don't save, you'll be back on the same "starting frame" which is what you calibrated for.

Your starting frame is basically the amount of frame advancements you're forced to allow in before you can collect your egg. If you don't save and just restart your game, you should always expect the same amount of frame advancement within that window period (as long as you're consistent).

And it doesn't really matter who you see moving. It'll be different every time I believe. The # of frames advanced does not correspond to which characters will move each time. At least that's how I remembered it.

That wouldn't be a problem, 'cause I can tap the 'A' button fast~! :D

Anyway, thanks you and Bakus! This is very appreciated! :)

Well folks!!! I finally was able to finish this darned egg!

I now have a 31/31/31/31/31/31 shiny Jolly Larvitar with Dragon Dance, Stone Edge and Earthquake.

I decided to regenerate the seeds and pick a new one that was close to the Flawless Timid set and in about 6 attempts I got the darned guy. And yes I still had to update the timer. But I did get it so I guess it was just a mixture of me and the timer being a bit wishy washy.

Thanks for everyone's help though.

If I am consistently off by one second (I am using Pikatimer) but the delays are in the correct range, what can I do to adjust for this?

My situation is:
I need to hit a seed at 00:40:50, but I am hitting a seed at 00:40:49. How can I adjust for that?

Yeah, they add up. My first timer is 33.82, my second timer is 16.18, they add up for the target second of 50. I have a calibrated delay of 500 and a target delay of 571 (I have a 3rd gen cart in to get odd delay). What's going on, because I have no idea =(

Just look for another target time that ends in x:xx:49 but don't adjust pikatimer. Have pikatimer set to still hit the x:xx:50.

Ok guys. I just successfully breed a Shiny Timid Eevee and I would like to know how to figure out what IVs I will need to get a HP Ice set. Is there a site or link you could give me? Or could you just tell me?

I think its 30/31/30/31/31/31
Yeah, I have a friend that has a set that looks like this:

31/6/30/31/31/31

and it is a HP Ice for sure so I know that the one you listed isn't it. >_< The reason I am not going for the above one is because I want to have my Eevee as close to perfect as I can get it.

There are different IVs for HP Ice 70 and every other types.
Then take yours, but 31/30/30/31/31/31 and 31/31/31/31/31/30 are Ice 70, too

A tip on Hidden Power IVs for anyone who doesn't know:
If you lower any IV by 4, the HP will stay the same type and power. This is why 31/2/30/31/31/31 yields HP Ice 70, just like 31/30/31/31/31/31.
It applies exactly the same to any stat and any Hidden Power, so yeah. If you're a perfectionist and want "minimum confusion damage," but you still want a Hidden Power, you'll be aiming for a 2 (30) or a 3 (31) in Attack.

I now have captured multiple shiny Pokémon for practice, and have also bred a shiny Pokémon. However, now I am trying to get a near flawless (31/31/31/x/31/31) and shiny Careful Skorupi with Battle Armor. I see how to breed good IVs and how to breed shinies, but not both. How should I do it?

Ok, read above for my earlier Pikatimer issue (which Emi helped me improvise with), but now when I go to advance my frames to collect the egg, it's starting the frame at 3 (consistently). Does anyone know why my RNG Reporter and Pikatimer is so screwed up?

Oh wow... I am doing so badly at this RNG thing.

Ok, so I got a delay I thought was pretty good: 634. I've been hitting that pretty consistently since I started, so I was bound to hit it again eventually. My seconds is 14 about 90% of the time, so no worries there. My frame was worked out to be 8 (which is high for me, but I got it 3 times out of 4).

...No luck with getting the spread I wanted.

So I tried re-obtaining my frame; this time it was 6, and my delay was 625 - another common delay for me. I didn't recheck, I just stuck with it hoping a miracle might happen.

It didn't.

So I thought that maybe I had hit my delay and frame at some point, and didn't realise. I've been basing my decision on whether I hit it or not on the coin flip sequence in the DPPt Time Finder (using an old RNG Reporter because the new one confuses me); is there anything weird about it I should know? Does switching to the coin flip app change the frame or something?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

EDIT
I now have captured multiple shiny Pokémon for practice, and have also bred a shiny Pokémon. However, now I am trying to get a near flawless (31/31/31/x/31/31) and shiny Careful Skorupi with Battle Armor. I see how to breed good IVs and how to breed shinies, but not both. How should I do it?
Do the shiny bit, then the IV's. Instead of SR'ing for IV's you will be doing the RNG for IV's part. :)

Do the shiny bit, then the IV's. Instead of SR'ing for IV's you will be doing the RNG for IV's part. :)
Thanks very much! I'm still a bit confused, though. Does this mean I just need to find a seed with both the IVs and shininess, or do the IV procedure after placing the parents in the daycare for the shiny egg?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)