Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something like Victreebell would probably be best for it since it can run something like Growth/Leaf Blade/Earthquake/HP Fire in the sun to take out most Pokemon. Since all Grass-types get Swords Dance, any Pokemon that wants to use Growth is going to have to have a reason to use special moves.
Replace HP Fire with Weatherball.

I would love to see Growth boost your special attack by two stages. It would make a lot more sunny day sweepers viable and would give sunny day a booster kick.

Also tbh I think sucker punch is good enough for shiftry. I mean sure night slash would be good but sucker punch give valuable priority. Same with leaf blade. The base power of leaf blade and seed bomb aren't that far a way, so I really don't see a reason why you would give it to it.

So I guess chances are Complete Burn could just be a fire type pluck?

And that leaves me wondering if Victini will end up getting a special move at all.

breh

強いだね
So I guess chances are Complete Burn could just be a fire type pluck?

And that leaves me wondering if Victini will end up getting a special move at all.
Every 600 legendary in the past 2 gens has gotten some sort of signature move (Mist Ball, Luster purge, dark void, seed flare, heart swap, and Doom desire); even mew had the near-exclusive transform in its arsenal.

It's good to know that it is a fire type pluck; I only just noticed that Hihidaruma used complete burn after Woodsy pointed it out.

In any case, do you really need a signature move when you're guaranteed Fire Blast? To put it simply, does heatran use magma storm?

okay so I haven't checked this thread in a while but please tell me those Starter evolutions on Serebi are fake. PLEASE TELL ME THEY'RE FAKE!

If they are real I'm so picking Smugleaf now. I was gonna pick Pokabu... :(

okay so I haven't checked this thread in a while but please tell me those Starter evolutions on Serebi are fake. PLEASE TELL ME THEY'RE FAKE!

If they are real I'm so picking Smugleaf now. I was gonna pick Pokabu... :(
They are probably fake, yes. But if you want to be technical it's not "officially" fake.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
anyone think they'll use the random noise the wi-fi things and such can easily get instead of a mathematic RNG?

Something like Victreebell would probably be best for it since it can run something like Growth/Leaf Blade/Earthquake/HP Fire in the sun to take out most Pokemon. Since all Grass-types get Swords Dance, any Pokemon that wants to use Growth is going to have to have a reason to use special moves.
What about Tangrowth? Growth/Power Whip/Earthquake/HP Fire would kick ass. Victreebel does get Weather Ball, though, plus higher attack. Overall though, Tangrowth has a more powerful Physical Grass move while Victreebel has a more powerful Special Fire move. Tangrowth is more bulky, but Victreebel can absorb Toxic Spikes.

They are probably fake, yes. But if you want to be technical it's not "officially" fake.
The only one I hope isn't fake is smugleaf's final evo. That's exactly how I wanted it to look. The fire type's final looks too similar to rhyperior, plus it looks like a fire/fighting type, AND I was hoping for a four legged flaming boar. With tusks. And the water type, well, I don't like it at all. It does look different to the others, plus I wanted it to be bipedal and more samuri looking.

But I can't have it all. Either I don't get the cool smugleaf evo, or I get the other two, which IMO are crappy.

Starters have been confirmed.

Ew.

Going with Water btw.. Grass would of been golden.. but color scheme is bleh..

fire pig = disney character.

n00b Question: in the beginning of the Gen.5 metagame will the only tiers on Shoddy be OU and UBERS? Because it doesn't seem like they can have UU right of the bat, since we don't know how the alterations in movepools and abilities, and the 5th Gen. pokes will affect the metagame, right?

Starters have been confirmed.

Ew.
My words exactly. I'm still going to be cruel and release Mijumaru as early as possible, really. Unless by magic, there's nothing I find appealing in the water, leaving me to stick with giant horny serpent otter for the rest of the game (Though Miruhoggu would obviously be the best thing on my team, as with Shimama.)

Praise Christ for these starters. They're bloody fantastic, except for the pig but I never expected anything anyway.

Smuglord is amazing. Like, best starter EVER amazing. And Wotter's seal-unicorn-thing is very decent too.

The only thing im hoping different.. is that they color palettes arent completely accurate. because really.. its just.. bleh.

id love the grass starter if it wasnt for the color scheme of the final evo

I really hope Serebii is wrong about the starters. The Fire Pig even has the same ugly yellow swirls that Infernape had! Talk about GF trolling us!

Wow. Trolled indeed.

These starters are almost as bad as Venusaur (Except Tsutaja's, who could have been done a lot better in my opinion).

I've got my fingers crossed on that "slim chance to be wrong".

gamefreak what have you done!!!!!! the fire pig is going to give me nightmares, that is the ugliest pokemon i have ever seen, biggest let down of gen V

It honestly still looks like fan art.. for some reason i seriously still doubt it.. although Serebii believes it wholeheartedly, i just cant grasp how the designers would do this with some of the colors and designs. So yeah.. not buying it until i see complete proof.

And to bring up a dead horse...

The fannames are only as good as the beholder. Blah blah, I don't like 'em, a fair part of a fandom does, but "Smuglord" is just... Wat.

^ That is smug.

Tsutaja is intellectual, that is all. I'm speculating, honestly, that it COULD be Grass/Dragon from its looks, though another part of me thinks all the Isshu starters'll be like the Johto ones, and simply lack a dual-typing.

gamefreak what have you done!!!!!! the fire pig is going to give me nightmares, that is the ugliest pokemon i have ever seen, biggest let down of gen V
I'm the person disliking fannames, chill. Ugliness is also in the eye of the beholder, and honestly... There's WORSE to see (Heck, I still dislike Milotic's looks, but then you have Umbreon and recently, even Hihidaruma isn't THAT much of a looker, despite its cool)

It honestly still looks like fan art.. for some reason i seriously still doubt it.. although Serebii believes it wholeheartedly, i just cant grasp how the designers would do this with some of the colors and designs. So yeah.. not buying it until i see complete proof.
Suurby Joe DOES have good sources... I do agree the art of 'em are weird. Honestly, they're probably anime beta art, and they'll be different from Sugimori's final art. ... I really dislike Tsutaja and Mijumaru's evolutions, though. Pokabu's... I don't even get. But I'm weird, so eh.

Tsutaja is intellectual, that is all. I'm speculating, honestly, that it COULD be Grass/Dragon from its looks, though another part of me thinks all the Isshu starters'll be like the Johto ones, and simply lack a dual-typing.
Just watch, it's going to be Grass/Poison type.

I would love some cheese with that wine.

And to bring up a dead horse...

The fannames are only as good as the beholder. Blah blah, I don't like 'em, a fair part of a fandom does, but "Smuglord" is just... Wat.

^ That is smug.

That's not smug that's just gay. And look at Smuglord's haughty face, he knows he's too good for you.

Smugleaf's evolution definitely looks as if it will be either part Dragon or Electric. Its also the very first starter to not have limbs! Say good bye to Earthquake? And I doubt that Smugleaf will get Sleep Powder.

The fire pig's evolution is surprising and to be honest it doesn't look like it will be very good at all. I'm guessing that its stats will become like a physical Magmortar!

The water otter's evolution is very cool and my favorite so far. It looks like it will be like Swampert in terms of base stats. Its body shape is even similar to Swampert's.

I'm using smugleaf because I'm a lazy ass and CBA to spell T-whatever.

I doubt they won't have dual typing because the water one does have fighting undertones.

And Grass/Dragon would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)