Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm still not believeing this. Why did we get all of Corocoro leaked in one day + really clear scans? And some of the Sugimori art is in the exact position Hiro's fanart was drawn in. Oh, and has there ever been a dual type 1st stage, as far as starters go? Why does that fatass pig get special treatment?

I mean, I'm still being skeptical because I REALLY hate all the starter evos (besides 'Futachimaru'). I'm still not gonna believe any of this though until Corocoro comes out on the 15th and confirms all of this. If Miju3 is real, as well as having ANOTHER fire/fighting starter, then I will be seriously disappointed.

But the good news is that Futachimaru does look ridiculously badass in that pose he's in.
You're wrong, Ivysaur, Combusken, Marshtomp and Monferno all get a secondary type when they evolve. Bulbasaur was already Grass/Poison to begin with.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it was confirmed in Pokemon Pia that there would be NO evolutions of previous pokemon in Black/White. Seriously, that means Mamanbou ISN'T a Luvdisc evo. Why would Emonga be an evo if the thing that was most likely to be an evo isn't?

See this pokejungle post for proof:
http://pokejungle.net/2010/09/10/experto-pt-5/
Burst my bubble? You don't seem to get what I'm sayng either. I'm not saying they are evoltuions, I'm just saying they could be. Get it?

By the way, the starter evo/Reshiram/Zekrom pages look fake to me. Reshiram's head crosses from the left page to the right page (without distortion at the spine). That's not so bad by itself, right?
But the page numbers at the bottom say 14 and 15. Firstly, they're on the inside of the pages rather than the outside. Secondly, they're not in the same style as the page numbers on the other scans. And finally, the Japanese read from right to left; 14 should be on the right, and 15 on the left (see the other pages). Sure, they could have swapped the pages around after scanning, but then how do you explain Reshiram crossing both pages?
I'd say the pages are fake, or at the very least, not from the same magazine.

Burst my bubble? You don't seem to get what I'm sayng either. I'm not saying they are evoltuions, I'm just saying they could be. Get it?
Except there's proof that they aren't. What you're trying to get across is that you have the OPINION that they could be; Now that's fair enough, except for the FACT that they aren't, as it is CONFIRMED that they're not evolutions. Opinion's all well and good, except when it's proved wrong with fact. Get it? They definitely aren't evolutions.

I'm still not believeing this. Why did we get all of Corocoro leaked in one day + really clear scans? And some of the Sugimori art is in the exact position Hiro's fanart was drawn in. Oh, and has there ever been a dual type 1st stage, as far as starters go? Why does that fatass pig get special treatment?

I mean, I'm still being skeptical because I REALLY hate all the starter evos (besides 'Futachimaru'). I'm still not gonna believe any of this though until Corocoro comes out on the 15th and confirms all of this. If Miju3 is real, as well as having ANOTHER fire/fighting starter, then I will be seriously disappointed.

But the good news is that Futachimaru does look ridiculously badass in that pose he's in.
Combusken and Monferno were also Fire/Fighting. Ivysaur was Grass/Poison too.

I don't know what you mean by "special treatment". I think special treatment would be giving him an entirely new typing, instead of recycling Fire/Fighting again. Although you have to admit that the 3 Fire/Fighting starters were all based on unique concepts.

And $10 that Aloe is going to have a Buffalon as her main Pokemon. Not that the painstakingly obvious "afro" and the fact that Japanese have the tendency to make such painstakingly obvious references had me think so.

Although no Pokemon from this Coro Coro made my day, I thought this was a pretty solid line-up. The monkeys look cool, Denchura looks awesome, Denchura has the Bug/Electric typing we expected, the new dog is very cute, Bambi's dad *cof* I mean, Shikjika's evo looks pretty badass and the new mushroom Pokemon is just hilarious to look at.

As for the starter evos, I'm sold. People may complain a lot about them, but they look awesome in their Sugimori Art. I'm definitely picking Pokabu now.

You're wrong, Ivysaur, Combusken, Marshtomp and Monferno all get a secondary type when they evolve. Bulbasaur was already Grass/Poison to begin with.
I never said there wasn't any at all, I was asking if there was.

@Wichu: YES thank you, a reason for me to still have hope. Thank you so much.

@Squid Ninja: By 'special treatment' I meant getting a dual type at the 1st stage, but I only said that cause I wasn't sure if there was any before.

By the way, the starter evo/Reshiram/Zekrom pages look fake to me. Reshiram's head crosses from the left page to the right page (without distortion at the spine). That's not so bad by itself, right?
But the page numbers at the bottom say 14 and 15. Firstly, they're on the inside of the pages rather than the outside. Secondly, they're not in the same style as the page numbers on the other scans. And finally, the Japanese read from right to left; 14 should be on the right, and 15 on the left (see the other pages). Sure, they could have swapped the pages around after scanning, but then how do you explain Reshiram crossing both pages?
I'd say the pages are fake, or at the very least, not from the same magazine.
Now that you mention this, those pages aren't to the same magazine. Notice the numbers 14/15(only the number bracketed) have a different artwork than the rest of the magazine scans(has a number inside a golden pokeball). These 2 pages must be fake apart from the rest...

I never said there wasn't any at all, I was asking if there was.

@Wichu: YES thank you, a reason for me to still have hope. Thank you so much.

@Squid Ninja: By 'special treatment' I meant getting a dual type at the 1st stage, but I only said that cause I wasn't sure if there was any before.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Chaobuu appears on another scan that doesn't have any of those page problems. In other words, even if that scan isn't Coro-Coro, it is real.

Ugh, and people still want to believe this is fake? For goodness sakes. When Pokexperto said it was real, I understood why people were doubting him, saying "let's wait for Coro-Coro". But now Coro-Coro came out and people say it's fake too? Has utter (and unnecessary) hatred for starter evolutions made you ignorant or something to that effect?

Now people will be like "Let's wait for the game". I wonder what they'll say when the game confirms the starter evos? "Let's wait for the US release. The Japanese may be trolling us."

When I read that the Pig will be Fire Fighting I lol'ed. 3 in a row is taking the abolsute piss, but y'know. I'd love Wotter becoming Fighting but I guess thats out of the question...

Ugh, and people still want to believe this is fake? For goodness sakes. When Pokexperto said it was real, I understood why people were doubting him, saying "let's wait for Coro-Coro". But now Coro-Coro came out and people say it's fake too? Has utter (and unnecessary) hatred for starter evolutions made you ignorant or something to that effect?

Now people will be like "Let's wait for the game". I wonder what they'll say when the game confirms the starter evos? "Let's wait for the US release. The Japanese may be trolling us."
Sweet, dear Jesus. This.

I can't believe people are actually deluding themselves into thinking this is fake.

When I read that the Pig will be Fire Fighting I lol'ed. 3 in a row is taking the abolsute piss, but y'know. I'd love Wotter becoming Fighting but I guess thats out of the question...
But is anyone surprised? They did troll us already with Roark being a Rock type Gym leader (3 Rock type Gym Leaders on the first Gym!). And your signature is hilarious.

But I hope the cycle comes to a close at 3. You see, this is our third pure Grass starter, our third pure Water starter and our third Fire/Fighting starter.[/dumbnumerology]

Hoooohargh.

At least Pokabu's evo actually looks kinda cool in the official stuff.

Fire/fighting :C

At least it's not a bad type, neutrality to rock (awesome) so whatever.

I want to seeee the rest of the dex.

ALSO I LOVE THE BULL SO MUCH.

AFROOOO BREAK!!!!

Oh come on guys, there's 16 pages of Corocoro up on Serebii and you still don't believe it? I'm losing faith in humanity, I really am. I know it's ironic since I was one of the biggests skeptics of them all up to this point, but I think we have enough proof now, so just deal with it.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To quote myself, but:

me said:
Considering Miju2 is the Meditación pokemon, anyone for Physical Water/Psychic? A unique, nice type, resisted only by Shedinja, Dialga, Empoleon, itself, Shiftry, Crawdaunt, Sharpedo and Cacturne as of now, only one of which is common in OU.

(Sorry if this is stupid, but I haven't done Spanish in two years and am just going on my intuition).
And, you never know. Porky3 could have a serious moral dilemma during it's evolution, go insane, and become Fire/Dark.

Some of the new moves...I wonder.

Such as Strike Down. I see that being the rock-type Take Down or Double-Edge, but I wonder if what they mean by knocking down flying types as in something like Sky Uppercut? Thus, preventing it from using the move? Or actually taking away it's typing temperorarily because of the move.

Electiball is probaly the opposite of Gyro Ball. I'm guessing Tailwind/any other speed boosts will help this out significantly. Or is it just like Gyro Ball and it's better for you to be slower?

Afro Break I believe may be the normal-type Head Smash(goodness gracious, XD). But I wonder if it'll be a signature move for Buffalon? Or will other Normal with various amounts of hair get it as well? Mebukijika Antlers become hair-like(with leaves, xD) which I wonder if it'll learn it. Tauros has it's mane(or whatever) and perhaps it learns it too.

The new ability mummy, I am guessing the move actually transforms the user's type into a ghost type. Easy supereffective damage for Desukan! Rendering the opponent's STAB useless(unless it was already a ghost, or they have a ghost attack).

The main problem I had with the starters was that they were so terribly designed. They looked fucking... wacky, like, proportionately and everything. So the official art probably won't look aaaas bad.

Miju3 is still lame though :/

Mummy just changes the opponent's ability to Mummy when attacked. The ability itself doesn't do anything. It'll be useful for things like removing Technician from Scizor and Pure Power from Medicham.

Mummy just changes the opponent's ability to Mummy when attacked. The ability itself doesn't do anything. It'll be useful for things like removing Technician from Scizor and Pure Power from Medicham.
Thanks for the headsup. I didn't see the update on the ability, XD. Dusknoir 2.0 is really going to wall specific physical sweepers now, haha. Looking forward to him.

Just some thoughts:

I think Boogy Bison has in inspired me to regrow my Afro. And WTF is up with the name "Afro Break"?

I don't hate the starters, I just hate there types. Like others have said, they're painfully boring. Also, what's the point of basing Wotter on Japan and going through all the trouble of making him look and act like a Samurai if you aren't even going to make him a Fighting type?

I like the Monkeys. Especially the water one, who shall be called Aqua Ape.

Denchura, Desukaan, and Ono all look beast. Too bad about Desukaan's typing though.

On the note of Desukaan: According to Serebii, Mummy turns foes into mummies. What could that possibly mean? Do they become Ghost types?

Electrode got a fun little toy in Eleci Ball if it's special.

I think I'm getting a DSi so I can do all this sweet Dream World stuff.

Regeneration sounds like auto-leftovers, which will be pretty awesome if a wall or a tank gets it.

I wonder what the difference is between the two Basuro's forms are? One looks chilled and the other looks like psycho.

Does Rock Bomb-Omb not evolve into Gigasauriu since it's not mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)