Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could list all the Pokemon I think look awesome, but it's easier to list the shit ones.

Swana, I don't like. Tabunne is terrible, Choroneko because its a cat and I hate cats, Gochiruzeru because it's hideous and the Minezumi line. The others I absolutely love.

Some of them kind of suck, but there are some really great ones this gen like Wargle and Gigiaiasu, and out of these ones, the monkeys, afro bull, desukan, denchura, doryuuzu and ononokusu are all pretty cool. Shikijika's evolution's not bad. It's winter form is cool, but I don't think it's stats change or anything do they? That's kinda lame. The cat and the puppy are pretty ugly too but whatever. That's just two.

Andlol Tabunne, the Stump, Cottonball and Mushroom seem like NU/UU material, but Tabunne could be the new blissey or something, who knows? I think the mushroom will disguise as a pokeball in the game though. It just seems obvious. :I
I know a few don't quite hit the mark, but the number that I like vastly outweigh the number that I don't so far. Which is a good thing for me. Considering I didn't like a lot of the designs from gens 3 and 4.

Tabunne is ugly, yes. But I bet that a lot of those (mushroom, cottonball, stump) will evolve, so yeah. You never know what tier they could make it into. I really like the deer and its forms as well. I wonder if the form changes for each season, or depending on the form it was in before it evolved depends on the final form? I hope it is the latter, as I would be keeping mine in autumn or winter form.

I like it a lot that there are more pokemon with different forms this gen. Although it is a minor change, not like a whole new pokemon or anything, it definately adds more diversity to the pokemon world in general. Not only do you choose your team, but you get to choose their forms (if they have more than one) as well. And in online battles, not every pokemon of that species you fight will be the same. I know that's what shinies are for, but changes to the design beat colour changes any day of the week.
I know we've had some different forms before, but it seems this time it'll be a lot more widespread, which can only be a good thing.

Upstart

Copy Cat
Oh look with a pure grass and a pure water type starter we have another sceptile and feraligatr. How great (sarcasm)

wouldn't it b funny if firepig wasn't fire/fighting, but could learn a fighting move like karate chop? (that being what coro coro was referencing)

I'm only disappointed with the types of the starters. Fire / Fighting is without a doubt a good typing (nice dual STAB, w/ high-powered moves + neutral to SR), but it's overdone. And the other two starters are just plain Water and Grass. That's kinda boring, but well. Complaining won't change anything.

Let's talk about the news:
Has a new attack called "Eleci Ball" that increases in damage depending on your speed in comparison to the opponent's speed.
Seems to be a reverse electric Gyro Ball. Hopefully, GF won't use Gyro Ball's formula, as you'd have to be 6x times faster than your opponent to have maximal base power, but on second thought massive paralysis spread + Eleci Ball may be a decent combination.

One of Victini's new attacks is named Flame Sphere and it inflicts Burn. It hits all Pokemon on the field, even your own.
Sounds like a good strategy in Tripple battles as massive burn spread is clearly a good idea. Imagine pairing Victini with Heatran and a Guts abuser. Earthquake will deal low damage, because of burn and the damage reducing of mass effects in Doubles / Tripples. At the same time you give Heatran a Flash Fire boost and your Guts abuser a free attack boost.

Mummy. When attacked, the attacking Pokemon's ability is turned into Mummy as well.
Jirachi used Iron Head - Jirachi lost Seren Grace and gained Mummy instead!
Scizor used Bullet Punch - Scizor lost Technician and gained Mummy instead!
Breloom used Seed Bomb - Breloom lost Poison Heal and gained Mummy instead! - Toxic Orb hurts now. Really badly.

Dragon Tail
First thought: Whirlwind / Roar that deals damage
Second thought: That can't be, it would be broken, especially with normal priority
Third thought: It must have negative priority, because otherwise it'd be broken

Denchura - Compoundeyes / Tension
100% accurate Thunder? Denchura's prevo loling at Oran Berry users in LC? Hell yeah!

To transfer Pokemon from fourth generation games, you have to go to Hiun City and tell a character the words "Everyone Happy Easy Communication." This will activate the "Transfer Machine," which will appear on the main menu. You can then use DS Download Play to connect to your Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver games on another DS. After you select the Pokemon you want to transfer over, you play the PokeShifter mini-game and recapture the Pokemon, which are then wirelessly transferred over to Black and White.
Meh..

Fuck, you just made me think that the Mummy thing could be an AWESOME Breloom counter, for reasons you just mentioned.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The pages on the starter evos were already confirmed to be fake, IIRC. Mummy only effects contact moves, so unless Breloom can hit a Ghost with Focus Punch....

Though Melkor has given pretty reliable info so far, its likely those will be the starters types.

Seed Bomb isn't a contact move, is it? The ability change most likely isn't permanent anyway; if Breloom switches out, it will get Poison Heal back.

Doesn't the issue say he is a fighting type
no, it just says that he is good against normal mon
therefore, it most probly is part fighting, but doesn't nesceserally mean it is
does it actually say that the other two are mon types?

Jirachi used Iron Head - Jirachi lost Seren Grace and gained Mummy instead!
Scizor used Bullet Punch - Scizor lost Technician and gained Mummy instead!
Breloom used Seed Bomb - Breloom lost Poison Heal and gained Mummy instead! - Toxic Orb hurts now. Really badly.
Seed Bomb isn't a contact move.

EDIT: Ninja'd :(

Seed bomb does make contact... o_O Why would Breloom use it if it wasn't?

EDIT: Sorry, I was mixing up making contact with being physical.

Anyone else has a feeling that whatever TM you obtained from each gym is dependant upon your playthrough? The first gym type is dependant upon your starting pokemon. The second gym features various quizzes(If I remember correctly). On top of that, one of the designers said that he played through Pokemon B/W 3 times each with a different starter and didn't even complete 1/5 of the total content in the game(I know, this is pretty huge and general compared to what I'm talking about, but still).

How the hell can Baffuron not be a Tauros evo? They're even in the same pose in their concept art? I mean, where did we get the 'no evos of old pokes' info?

The thing is, if Scizor gets Mummy as an ability, whats keeping him from staying in?
You need a pokemon without contact moves to KO him or else you get turned into a mummy aswell... this shit of an ability can spread like wildfire.

How the hell can Baffuron not be a Tauros evo? They're even in the same pose in their concept art? I mean, where did we get the 'no evos of old pokes' info?
One easy detail that separates them from the get-go is that Tauros is a Bull, while Baffuron is a Buffalo, XD.

EDIT: The info came from one of the game designers, 2 different times. One is from the Pokemon Peer Magazine featuring a interview with him. The other is when he said it from somewhere, just can't remember. But it is true.

One easy detail that separates them from the get-go is that Tauros is a Bull, while Baffuron is a Buffalo, XD.

EDIT: The info came from one of the game designers, 2 different times. One is from the Pokemon Peer Magazine featuring a interview with him. The other is when he said it from somewhere, just can't remember. But it is true.
Baffuron being a Buffalo and Tauros being a Bull in no way has anything to do with their being related. But the weird thing is nobdy thought to give it a different color scheme than Tauros so they could, you know, look kinda different?

Denchura looks cool. I'm hoping it's not an early game bug or suffers from bad Base Stats, because the typing is equally as cool.

Also, good to see the arbitrary cat is not a Normal-type.

Baffuron being a Buffalo and Tauros being a Bull in no way has anything to do with their being related. But the weird thing is nobdy thought to give it a different color scheme than Tauros so they could, you know, look kinda different?
How not so? saying this, just brings up a debate about past pokemon, such as saying Miltank is the female version of Tauros. Or Plusle and Minun being alternates to Pikachu. I know that we know the obvious already, but I'm making an example, XD.

There are some key differences when comparing each other, XD. with the only thing being the same really is their bulky back(buffalos are HUGE).
Just saying...

WTF is it with the Mummy ability? So I'm thinking if regigigas or slaking use a contact move hence they would gain mummy and lose thier other ability, right? o_O

Thats not a bad idea...but nobody would keep Desukan in on Regigigas, also any phazer can just WW/Roar/Dragon Tail you out.
Not to mention you cant hit him with Normal or Fighting moves so he can just switch in Jolteon for free on a thunder punch. Its not as easy as it looks to pull this off.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
WTF is it with the Mummy ability? So I'm thinking if regigigas or slaking use a contact move hence they would gain mummy and lose thier other ability, right? o_O
Yeah, Shadow Claw or Night Slash on Slaking and taking advantage of the opponents Desukaan or your own Desukaan in Double/Triple battles. Good thinking.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Cows and Buffalo are both in the subfamily Bovinae. Croconaw is a Crocodile, but Feraligatr is an Alligator (not just by name, their teeth differ). If anyone can tell me the similarity between Froslass and Snorunt, and a few other families then they can have a cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)