Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY SHIT!!!
Denchura looks awsome and he gets Compound Eyes and a new ability, Tension ( I dont suppose anyone knows what it does yet) ?!?!?!
Zap Cannon and Thunder please.
Also WTF, the Mummy pokemon is pure ghost unless his ability and movepool are outstanding i see no reason to use it over Dusknoir or Rotom.
Though the movepool isn't yet revealed, its ability, Mummy, activates when it is hit with a contact move and replaces the attacker's ability with Mummy. Not very useful, but it could have its conveniences. The above is the effect as Serebii posted it, PokeBeach, however, does not specify whether the move must be contact or not. And even after this if it has absolutely amazing stats you would still have a reason to use it over Dusknoir or Rotom-A.

All these info is amazing.
I like every Pokemon. Including Tabunne, she's cute, don't hate.
Maybe all the starters will get a different type at third form. Who knows?
And I still don't know why GameFreak keeps making spiders with 6 feet.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, Shadow Claw or Night Slash on Slaking and taking advantage of the opponents Desukaan or your own Desukaan in Double/Triple battles. Good thinking.
I would say that Shadow Claw wouldn't work as Slaking is immune to it, therefore no contact is made (and the ability isn't passed on), though I'm not sure what happens if you use Volt Tackle/ThunderPunch/Thunder Fang/Spark on Poison Point Nidoqueen. Perhaps a stat junkie could fill me in?

I would say that Shadow Claw wouldn't work as Slaking is immune to it, therefore no contact is made (and the ability isn't passed on), though I'm not sure what happens if you use Volt Tackle/ThunderPunch/Thunder Fang/Spark on Poison Point Nidoqueen. Perhaps a stat junkie could fill me in?
No, it's whoever uses a contact move on Desukan has their ability changed to mummy.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well know, read that sentence over and over until you get what I mean. Did I say something about attacking Slaking?

UPDATE:

Aloe uses a Chaobuu (Pokabu's evo).
Its nice to see starter pokemons get used by gym leaders.
No, she doesn't. It means that her Pokémon is weak to Chaobuu.

They meant for Slaking to be using Shadow Claw on Desukaan. Super-Effective plus the elimination of Slaking's horrid ability.

Cows and Buffalo are both in the subfamily Bovinae. Croconaw is a Crocodile, but Feraligatr is an Alligator (not just by name, their teeth differ). If anyone can tell me the similarity between Froslass and Snorunt, and a few other families then they can have a cookie.
Fine. Croconaw/Feraligatr puts up a good point, but they actually look similar as well though.

They both are the same blue color, same style/color dorsal fins, same jaw, even the eye style is the same.

But Buffuron and Tauros, there's quite a difference.

The horns can easily be seen that they're not the same. Buffuron's horns seem to have a natural bone color, and they have rings, while Tauros' horns appear to be made of metal and doesn't have rings at all. I could be picky and talk about the way how horn is protruding from it's head, but I'll let that be.

Buffuron is hairy, and I'm not just saying that because of it's afro either. Look at it's body, it has a second layer of hair; a key trait of a Buffulo. Tauros, well, it isn't any normal bull but the only part from it that is hairy is it's mane.

Buffuron doesn't have a tail at all, or at least, it has that little stub, but Tauros has 3 tails. What was a key description to Tauros was how it used its tails to help it fight harder, actually to enrage itself. Something like that wouldn't suddenly just get dropped, XD.

The Mouth: meh, it's something, but you can see that Buffuron's lining for it's mouth goes over it's nose, including it and it's a grey color. Tauro's lining is only for it's nose and it is brown.

Minor detail:
Buffuron
-Yellow eyes
-stripe down eye along it's face

Tauros
-White eyes
-has studs on it's head

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
This is probably a stretch, but does anybody else think that Zekrom and Reshiram might be Physically oriented? I noticed on Serebii this morning that their signature moves are Cross Thunder and Cross Flame. Obviously, this is just some Japanese translation, but the only two current "Cross" moves (Cross Chop and Cross Poison) are both physical.

Just a thought

... and a wish :)

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Well know, read that sentence over and over until you get what I mean. Did I say something about attacking Slaking?

Sorry, my bad. I thought you meant having Slaking as your partner in doubles, and Desukaan attacking it. The other explanation makes perfect sense.

+ mattj: X-Scissor, the letter 'X' is a cross. Though that is also physical. What is the official pronunciation of X-Scissor, Ex-Scissor or Cross-Scissor? I know it's been used in the anime somewhere...

No, she actualy does have one aswell!

And the Mummy ability is passable, becouse the pokemon that hits Desukan gets it to, thus you can pass it to another pokemon that atacks you with a contact move.

Latest update from PJ

UPD 5

• In Hiun City there is a building where you can answer a question which allows you to unlock the transfer machine. みんな ハッピー かんたん つうしん (Everybody happy easy connection)
  • Aloe has a Chaobuu.
  • Here are the options in the menu
  • Continue (not technically visible, but presumably)
  • New game
  • Mystery gift
  • Battle tournament (*omg!*)
  • Game settings
  • Wi-Fi settings
  • Microphone test
  • Use Transfer Machine
Battle tournament? What the hell? =)

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
these. are. false. i hope.
i think gf is trying to actually make us "like" the pokemon to be stronger, rather than liking the pokemon for being strong.

GF, THROW US A FUCKING BONE AND DO SOMETHING THAT'S ACTUALLY GOOD FOR COMPETITIVE BATTLING!!!!
Can't agree more.

+10000

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The dog is called Yooterii (ヨーテリー), is the Puppy Pokémon, is 0.4m & 4.1kg is a Normal type and has the ability Pick-Up. It has an attack called Cheer Up(ふるいたてる) that boosts its Attack and Sp Attack at the same time.
Ok GF, now just give this Cheer Up thingy to useful pokémon and I may forgive you on the starters.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Ok GF, now just give this Cheer Up thingy to useful pokémon and I may forgive you on the starters.
I'm confused on the wording of Cheer Up. Does it act like Speed Boost, raising Atk and SAtk by one stage at the end of each turn, or if a pokemon with Cheer Up uses, for example, Swords Dance, it becomes +2 Atk and +2 SAtk, or even +4 Atk and +2 SAtk?

Umm...Serebii and PokeBeach says that the magazine is suggesting Chaobuu to be used against her since she's a normal type leader, xD. Not that she's using it.
Jesus Christ, stop twisting my words, she does have a frikin pig!
Yes its also a good idea to use Chaobuu against her since she specializes in Normal types.

Dragon Tail: May have a chance of causing your opponent to switch

Yeah...I see chance but you know something like this could happen >.>

Opponent sends out scarfed ononokusu
Ononokusu uses dragon tail
*forces switch no hit back*
Ononokusu uses dragon tail...

Jesus Christ, stop twisting my words, she does have a frikin pig!
Yes its also a good idea to use Chaobuu against her since she specializes in Normal types.
1. I didn't twist your words.
WTF, I just read the japanese scan myself and it says nothing about her actually having the pig. Yes, I can read japanese text and from the info revealed so far, it does NOT say that.

MK Ultra

BOOGEYMAN
Dragon Tail: May have a chance of causing your opponent to switch

Yeah...I see chance but you know something like this could happen >.>

Opponent sends out scarfed ononokusu
Ononokusu uses dragon tail...
Lol, imagine Scarf Jirachi/Togekiss with this.

Let's just hope Dragon Tail's effect chance is pretty low (not higher than 20%). I wonder if any Serene Grace Pokémon will get it.

It might even have negative priority (like Vital Throw); with such a powerful effect, Game Freak could easily have done that.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Or it could be that your opponent has to switch after they've attacked. I don't see anything saying it absolutely MUST be before they attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)