Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Base Stats getting changed? Maybe that's GF's way of fixing up Pokemon beyond repair? Wigglytuff, Exploud and the 3-stage starting bugs immediately come to mind.

GF supports these kind of things? Maybe there would be two daycares? One with only two pokemon that can go in and another with 3? I guess like FR LG. So the one with 3 might increase the pokemon's level and happiness and the one with two is the daycare for breeding. Also it would be ironic if all of the new stuff was true and then the new IV/EV system made all our flawless pokemon useless =P
As long as the change make us get flawless Pokemon somehow easier (which I doubt) I'm fine with my 'wasted flawless'.

I'm betting Coro Coro won't leak anything that will prove/disprove the fansites. Probably Tabunne, Darumakka, Basurao, the 3 monkeys and Doruzyu to complete the "7 new Pokemon" a month ritual. Maybe Desukan and Denchura as well.

EDIT:
Base Stats getting changed? Maybe that's GF's way of fixing up Pokemon beyond repair? Wigglytuff, Exploud and the 3-stage starting bugs immediately come to mind.
This. Then maybe my loved Ampharos will get improved (more bulk FTW?).

http://raim2005.blog18.fc2.com/blog-entry-910.html

Quote:
・That the IV’s EV’s and base stats are all drastically changed.
・Apparently Friendship is now a big part of stats,
・Can hold 3 pokemon in daycare
・New HM “float”
・Subway master music up again.
Credits to -Ryuutakeshi- on BulbaGarden for translating.

I can see base stats being changed for previous pokemon, like Cubic said. The ones that would be completely useless otherwise unless they got an evolution, including some three stage evolutions (Like the far outclassed Pidgeot). But if by base stats they mean like the Special split after R/B then we might be in for something really big. I doubt they would condense the stats as all; they changed it for a reason.

Anyone have an idea on how the mechanics of base stats could be changed?

Breeding sucks now. Waaay too impossible to get that PERFECT pokemon. It NEEDS changes.
Three Pokemon, how can you complain about this? You get to level up more pokemon faster.

・That the IV’s EV’s and base stats are all drastically changed.
・Apparently Friendship is now a big part of stats,
・Can hold 3 pokemon in daycare
these. are. false. i hope.
i think gf is trying to actually make us "like" the pokemon to be stronger, rather than liking the pokemon for being strong.

GF, THROW US A FUCKING BONE AND DO SOMETHING THAT'S ACTUALLY GOOD FOR COMPETITIVE BATTLING!!!!

these. are. false. i hope.
i think gf is trying to actually make us "like" the pokemon to be stronger, rather than liking the pokemon for being strong.

GF, THROW US A FUCKING BONE AND DO SOMETHING THAT'S ACTUALLY GOOD FOR COMPETITIVE BATTLING!!!!
>Implying that GameFreak hasn't done anything to benefit the competitive battling community

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hahah, Pokéjungle is a smug bastard, he got legit info about the third legendary's typing and is now using it as incentive for donations. I don't see anything wrong with it though (on the contrary!), I just find it funny that it's actually working.

Blue Sky has listed a number of rumors in the past that turned out wrong.
For a DP example, it listed a number of moves, I think Pokemon, and Roark's team.
Virtually all were wrong. Digletts!
Yes, but I think they at least have a bit more credibility than Pokéxperto. I mean, even if the Spanish site is correct, they aren't being sincere about their sources. "Lol I have an early copy of the game", yeah no.

I also highly doubt Game Freak would completely invalidate your trained Pokemon from the past two generations.

(...)
Well, while it happened for different reasons, we had the GSC/Advance split, after all.

September 15th, so I'd start expecting on Friday.
It's never leaked that early. The earliest might maybe be a scrap or two on Saturday, but more likely Sunday. Fuller scans on Monday, with high quality scans on either Tuesday (15th in Japan) or Wednesday.

So the Pokemon would have a threesome in the Daycare? Why Gamefreak, why?

Anyway, I hope the first three are fake as well, but Float seems like a good replacement for Cut or Defog and could do things like get you over quicksand or get you over mud that would be hard to walk through, otherwise. The latter would make it so that it isn't necessary, like Defog and Flash, but still useful to get you through the game.

In battle, I would think it would give you Levitate but we already have that in the form of Telekinesis.

Edit: @Corocoro: Wasn't it supposed to issue early this month because the games are coming out?

It's never leaked that early. The earliest might maybe be a scrap or two on Saturday, but more likely Sunday. Fuller scans on Monday, with high quality scans on either Tuesday (15th in Japan) or Wednesday.
It has leaked way earlier than that before.

@DDR Master: I lol'd at your sig. I just noticed how unintentionally funny that was.

Yes, but I think they at least have a bit more credibility than Pokéxperto. I mean, even if the Spanish site is correct, they aren't being sincere about their sources. "Lol I have an early copy of the game", yeah no.
Eh...

Well, while it happened for different reasons, we had the GSC/Advance split, after all.
You couldn't trade your Gen 2 Pokemon to Gen 3, either. I think most of it was hardware reasons, but I'm sure the system overhaul didn't help matters.

It has leaked way earlier than that before.
Not really. CoroCoro itself has released early for a few months (12th, I think one time at the 8th?) for special issues I guess, which would of course result in earlier leaks, but generally it's ~2 or 3 days before.

I remember checking this before. I could be wrong, I guess during the Platinum or HGSS period, but should still be about right.

Personally, I think changing base stats is an awesome idea. It'll either bring old favourites back into the limelight, or might even nerf newer ones so they're not op.

Upstart

Copy Cat
I highly doubt a change to the IV and EV system
Why? Because you will be migrating pokemon from past generations. What will GF do re RNG a new Celebi when it is broughtover forgoing Evs and IVS.

Not really. CoroCoro itself has released early for a few months (12th, I think one time at the 8th?) for special issues I guess, which would of course result in earlier leaks, but generally it's ~2 or 3 days before.

I remember checking this before. I could be wrong, I guess during the Platinum or HGSS period, but should still be about right.
In August 2006, Coro Coro leaked on the 5th. I remember it becaus ethta's when the Gen. IV starters were revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)