Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what good could possibly come from re-vamping base stats. i hope they dont do that too much. just with the completely useless/weak as fuck pokemon outclassed by like 10 other options. other than that, everything but float and 3-way at the daycare sounds pretty gay.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Does it mean you agree with me ?_?

You couldn't trade your Gen 2 Pokemon to Gen 3, either. I think most of it was hardware reasons, but I'm sure the system overhaul didn't help matters.
Point. However, I *think* the EV/IV part can work as long as they "update" their values by the moment they're Pokéshifted (like, now the IV range is 0-15, so anyone with 0-15 DPPt IV will have their stats increased to the equivalent of 16-31 DPPt IV) and maybe giving people a chance to re-EV train their lv100 pokémon (as it used to be back in GSC).

Point. However, I *think* the EV/IV part can work as long as they "update" their values by the moment they're Pokéshifted (like, now the IV range is 0-15, so anyone with 0-15 DPPt IV will have their stats increased to the equivalent of 16-31 DPPt IV) and maybe giving people a chance to re-EV train their lv100 pokémon (as it used to be back in GSC).
i likes this idea

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I also thought about that. The name PokéShifter would actually make sense if it "shifted" the stats. They also introduced methods of EV / Happiness training in Black City / White Forest, so that also lends credence to that theory.

That's true. If they make it easier to delete/create ev's, it wouldn't really be that big of a deal. Not sure about iv's... but anything can happen.

The thing about shifting IVs around is that it will very very likely affect Hidden Power.

Are we really prepared for our RNG'd or otherwise Hidden Powers to possibly change type and power upon shifting?

The thing about shifting IVs around is that it will very very likely affect Hidden Power.

Are we really prepared for our RNG'd or otherwise Hidden Powers to possibly change type and power upon shifting?
I wouldn't complain if it were a bit easier to scope out at least Hidden Power typing and have more control over RNG Manipulation. I feel that's the real thing preventing me from getting into legit Pokemon online battles competitively. It's really bloody frustrating to actually build a team up to the standards we have without a lot of work just for certain things like Hidden Power. :/

I'm not convinced on the base stat changes, but I really want to believe it's true. So much has changed since the first two gens, especially, that a lot of the base stat setups from back then just aren't workable with what we see today.

I'd love a world where Nidoqueen and Nidoking could be serious OU contenders, Lanturn became even better at walling without GameFreak having to foist an evolution on it, Wigglytuff was somehow usable in a quirky way like Clefable (would need both an ability and stat change, though), and Ninetales had the speed to actually use some of its cooler moves. Fix up Lapras, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Parasect, Raichu, the whole Hitmon line, Tauros, Miltank, Poliwrath (and Politoed, I guess, but I care more about salvaging a unique typing like Water/Fighting), Dunsparce, Jumpluff, Xatu, Stantler, Sandslash, Golem... Even improving just a third of everything mentioned here would be really nice.

Mario With Lasers

Pokéjungle said:
ps- No backroom dealings guys. I’m not Serebii. I’ll give you what I know <3 Oh and I hope no one thought I really wouldn’t tell you the typing if I didn’t reach $200 @_@; By latest count we are at $165 so… $35 more dollars to go!!
Hahah what a bastard

Oh, Pokéjungle said the third legendary's typing is Ice/Dragon.

I hope the first three are false. I think it would be best if they left that alone, but who am I to say so. Why would you change Evs, Ivs, and Base stats?
No idea what it means exactly, but if it means easier access to modifying IVs and EVs, I'm all for.

Base Stats need a fixing, fast. We need to give equal chances to old unusable shit.

Yeah, in the case that it was magically real, they can't exactly come out and say "we told you so!" because everyone guessed that.

Hell, I personally think there WON'T be a third dragon anyway, since this game is based on Dualities. I expect more of a GSC type set-up here.

They need an ability that destroys entry hazards upon switching in. Yanmega and Charizard would see more love. Now they don't need to lose 50% just by coming in and Yanmega can be in the top ten of OU. Tinted Lens Specs FTW.

Pokejungle post anything and everything, even if it is obviously fake. Its actually quite smart. It will keep hits up, but it also hurts their credibility.

Really........... -_-

Really.............. -_-

If you know it is fake, why post it??

Mario With Lasers

Well, because he is actually EXPLAINING they're fake, maybe, so people won't bug him about the picture or start posting it everywhere saying "lol guys found it on 2ch no one's talked about it yet maybe it's real" ?_?_?_?

They need an ability that destroys entry hazards upon switching in. Yanmega and Charizard would see more love. Now they don't need to lose 50% just by coming in and Yanmega can be in the top ten of OU. Tinted Lens Specs FTW.
Or just get a spinner that can beat a ghost. Payback on the switch when they 'predict' your spin or something, spin after the Ghost is dead. Simple.

Colonel Darren posted this first I just stole this
Or just get a spinner that can beat a ghost. Payback on the switch when they 'predict' your spin or something, spin after the Ghost is dead. Simple.
They tried that with Forretress but it doesn't do enough. Usually people have it Spike rather than Rapid Spin and flee when Heatran comes in. Machamp would probably have a field day Paybacking those retarded ghosts and Rapid Spin afterwards. Hell it could probably use those 4 arms to spin rather than just using one to Dynamicpunch. Also why does that fatass Blissey get Stealth Rock? It doesn't look like the type that can stealthily set up rocks. It looks like an annoying tank.

As unlikely as it is, I'd like to see them just get rid of IVs. They really don't serve much of a purpose other than being a huge pain in the ass. It's be pretty easy when migrating pokemon as well. Keep their EVs and just baseline their IVs.

They tried that with Forretress but it doesn't do enough. Usually people have it Spike rather than Rapid Spin and flee when Heatran comes in. Machamp would probably have a field day Paybacking those retarded ghosts and Rapid Spin afterwards. Hell it could probably use those 4 arms to spin rather than just using one to Dynamicpunch. Also why does that fatass Blissey get Stealth Rock? It doesn't look like the type that can stealthily set up rocks. It looks like an annoying tank.
Maybe try switching to a Pursuit user when the Ghost comes in on a bluffed spin? SR is a supporting move, and Blissey is sure as hell not a sweeper. Machamp will -never- get Rapid Spin because it needs every other coverage move it can get to help annoy the opponent. You really have a problem with SR, just use Foresight Hitmontop in UU. Sucker Punch/Close Combat/Foresight/Rapid Spin. You either get a spin off or force a Ghost to attack or die.

Now can we get back on bloody topic? A good way to start would be discussing that Gigasu prevo. Simply by the bomb-like look alone for the first prevo, I'm calling Explosion as a leveling move. :D

But if the get rid of IVs each our Pokemon won't be unique and special :'(

I personally wouldn't mind them dumping IVs and replacing it with a Hidden Power number. They'll get a number between 1 and 17 and that number is their Hidden Power. So 1 would be fire, 2 would be water, etc...Breeding would be soooooooo much simpler without IVs since just egg moves and natures are hard enough. I know I'd be more tempted to play online if I knew I didn't have to do all that work for a decent Pokemon.

But if the get rid of IVs each our Pokemon won't be unique and special :'(

I personally wouldn't mind them dumping IVs and replacing it with a Hidden Power number. They'll get a number between 1 and 17 and that number is their Hidden Power. So 1 would be fire, 2 would be water, etc...Breeding would be soooooooo much simpler without IVs since just egg moves and natures are hard enough. I know I'd be more tempted to play online if I knew I didn't have to do all that work for a decent Pokemon.
If our Pokemon were so damn special they wouldn't have to sit in their Pokeball and Gamefreak would return the HGSS mechanic... oh wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)