Suicude Gengar Lead

Hi! KidX here with a new set that I have tried with Gengar, Now to make this clear this set is not like the other terrorist gar set that was rejected. This set is meant to take down their lead and/or prevent stealth rocks.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/gengar

[SET]
Name: Suicude Lead
Move 1: Shadow Ball
Move 2: Focus Blast/ Hidden Power [Fire]/ Taunt
Move 3: Destiny Bond
Move 4: Trick
Item: Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs - 4 Hp 252 Sp. Atk 252 Spe
Ability: Levitate

Why this deserves to be on site:

- Fastest lead in OU bar none
- Prevents Stealth Rocks and other entry hazards on the field
- Can double as a revenge killer late game
- Reaches 525 Spe with Timid and 478 with Modest
- Can reliably take down common OU leads

Set Comments:

- Works great just about on any team that dislikes having entry hazards on the field
- Gengar is frail so destiny bond can help take down another pokemon with it
- Shadow Ball and Focus Blast= Perfect Coverage
- Hidden Power [Fire] is for catching scizor and forretress on the switch
- Taunt is for extra protection if choice scarf is gone
- Thunderbolt can be used to deal with Dragon Dance Gyarados and Skarmory

Teammates:

- Heatran can be a great partner if you're planning on keeping Gengar around for a longer period of time because it can take on the likes of Tyranitar and Scizor.
- Just about any pokemon that would enjoy the removal of walls, sweeprs, and/or entry hazards

Counters:

- Scizor is always a counter to Gengar
- Heatran can usually take care of a gengar locked into shadow ball or if focus blast misses, same thing applies for tyranitar

Eh, I don't see how this one works. It most certainly doesn't prevent rocks, and at best can lock something into SR. None of your moves are ones you'd ever want to be locked into, especially with something Pursuit-weak and without a sash.

I don't see how this would prevent hazards, maybe with Taunt but it isn't even the main slash. Since most leads carry Focus Sash, outspeeding them and hitting them with a super-effective move won't even stop them from setting up the hazards.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please, tell me how is this effective. I've said this millions of times, and I'll have to say it again: the fact that some Pokemon learns Trick doesn't mean at all that it needs its own analysis just because it can do a few things. It's pretty cool to Trick off your CS on Swampert, Hippowdon, etc, but you either have to use Trick or Taunt (assuming you want to achieve what you've remarked so much in the OP, to prevent entry hazards, that is), and if it's the latter, you will probably get set up on. Additionally, most of offensive leads such as Focus Sash Azelf, Machamp, Jirachi, Infernape can mutilate this Gengar with little troubles, though the important thing about this is that: a) you'll be forced to switch out; b) you can lose Gengar... in exchange for some damage. In either situation, you're not winning. Damn, we even took down TrickScarf Starmie lead for similar reasons. I'll wait for you to respond to my post before drawing a conclusion. Try to convince me that this set actually works because I still don't see how is that possible.

I'm not really sure how this prevents SR or even takes down common OU leads. Azelf lives with Focus Sash and OHKOs back. Machamp OHKOs. Metagross beats it. If you Taunt, then you get KOed, and if you don't Taunt, they get SR up. Scarf Shadow Ball for Tyranitar/Scizor Pursuit bait too. This set gets a no from me, sorry.

QC Rejected, 1/3

As Phil and Setsuna have said, there is really no good reason to lead with this. This lead loses to nearly every Top 10 lead and is pursuit bait. Sorry but im going to have to reject.

QC Rejected 2/3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)