Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I don't think I have ever seen a specs lead Starmie, but it would aim to stop entry hazards getting down, and probably get a kill or two. As such, and because they can't rapid spin second turn, anything faster, or sashed, or which can survive an attack from a Specs Starmie and set up entry hazards could 'counter' it. Otherwise, which can beat Starmie will do well, such as Jolteon or Blissey, although both would be very strange leads. Remember, though, that Starmie was used as a lead 2.26% of the time in August (thanks Doug), and that the vast majority will be Starmie @ Life Orb or @ Leftovers.

As to what beats FWG cores, you have essentially just asked which one pokemon can beat the metagame at the moment, so there isn't a simple, obvious solution. Basically you will need a well-built team to do so, or else something that can force out something like heatran and set up, such as DD Dragonite on a choice-locked Heatran, which then can beat most FWG cores after one turn of set up.

It's been a very long time since I've played, so please excuse me if this seems like a very simple question...

Does Leech Seed do damage before the Pokemon attack? If so, then it will work with Assurance, right?

This may seem silly but what's the best way to set up a game play through for competitive end game??
I just recently acquired a DS with platinum and have been reading through the site but the amount of info available for this game is overwhelming. I am only 2 badges into the game(just restarted) and I am wondering if I should be setting up for end game as I progress or if I just build a solid team to beat the game then worry about EV/breeding/ect after completion.

This may seem silly but what's the best way to set up a game play through for competitive end game??
I just recently acquired a DS with platinum and have been reading through the site but the amount of info available for this game is overwhelming. I am only 2 badges into the game(just restarted) and I am wondering if I should be setting up for end game as I progress or if I just build a solid team to beat the game then worry about EV/breeding/ect after completion.
Most likely the latter, as the breeding process could take quite a long time. But keep in mind you don't want to get too involved (unless you don't plan on moving on to generation 5) as Black and White are well on their way

Athenodoros

Do it all after you have beaten the league, and most of the quests afterwards. It is virtually impossible to EV train and IV breed before then, because you can't get power items and such, and you will also need the national Pokedex. Just catch things you like on the first runthrough.

Question: Is it alright to clone your pokemon? and Is the Cloned pokemon considered hacked pokemon?

THanks in advance.

I am new to competitive battling and just want to find out if cloning is legal so that i can just clone my good pokemon and trade them for another so that i have more godd pokemon.

Question: Is it alright to clone your pokemon? and Is the Cloned pokemon considered hacked pokemon?

THanks in advance.

I am new to competitive battling and just want to find out if cloning is legal so that i can just clone my good pokemon and trade them for another so that i have more godd pokemon.
Cloning is legal as long as your cloning legit pokemon.

Athenodoros

I am aware that DD Tyranitar is often Jolly, but can an Adamant set work?
The trouble with adamant is that you can be revenged easily by Infernape, as well pokemon like Starmie, Aerodactyl and others. I use this for problems like this:
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/ou_speed_tiers

It is possible to have an Adamant set, but you will need to be able to stop these threats and I'm not sure the power trade-off would be worth it. I'd stick to Jolly.

I have this Pokemon Tournament in School, and it's VGC style
Is there somewhere on Smogon where people can help me make a team? Or should i make one first and post it in the RMT section?

Can Assist select a move from the pokemon who used it?

ex. Furret has the moves Assist, Cut, Iron Tail, and Me First, and it's only teammate has Calm Mind, Encore, Protect, and Rest. Can Furret use Assist and end up randomly selecting Iron Tail?

Thanks for earlier, guys. I know this will sound reeeeeeaaaaaally smart, but I forgot some other scenarios... Sorry about that...

1. Does the held item Lucky Egg have anything to do with Effort Values? What about traded Pokemon?

2. I'm honestly not all that interested in Competitive battling itself; I just use the prospect of it to help me in In-Game Situations, like the Battle Tower/Hall/etc. Are there any guides about how to succeed there? If not, any other advice?

3. Did anybody here get a Spiritomb the "legal" way? If yes, HOW BUSY DID YOUR GRAMPARENTS GET?!? Or, how do you talk to that many people? While I'm at it, how do you get the other "impossible" Pokemon, like Regigigas and Feebas?

Edit: Thanks as usual, guys.

To get Regigigas, you need to A), migrate the Regis from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, put them in your party and go to Snowpoint Temple, B), hack it (which I wouldn't do) or C), get one from an event. Feebas isn't impossible to get, but it requires patience (which is why I get them off the GTS :B).

Stupid Question:
If Ditto is holding Quick Powder, will the speed boost still around after Ditto has transformed??

Is the Everstone glitch in HG/SS? If so, the glitch only applies to parents from games of different languages, right?

I have a Pal Parked Adamant Ditto holding an Everstone breeding with a Croagunk hatched in SS. Out of the last 20-25 eggs, 2 have been Adamant. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)