Atk: 75
Def: 75
Sp Atk: 125
Sp Def: 95
Spd: 40
Total: 485

Abilities:
Telepathy: Prevents damage from team-mates during double and triple battles
Synchronize: When this pokemon becomes Posioned, Paralyzed, or Burned, so does the opponent. Pokemon with immunities to the effects are not effected.
Dream World Ability:
Analyze: If you are last to attack, the move becomes more powerful.

Movepool:
Level Up:
Confusion
Growl
Heal Block
Miracle Eye
Psybeam
Headbutt
Hidden Power
Imprison
Simple Beam: Changes the foe's ability to Simple
Zen Headbutt
Psych Up
Pyschic
Calm Mind
Recover
Guard Share: Adds the Defense and Sp Defense of each pokemon, then splits them evenly between the two.
Power Share: Same as guard share, but with Attack And Sp Attack
Synchronise: Damages self and pokemon of the same type
Wonder Room: All pokemon on the field have their defense and sp attack switched for 5 turns.
TM/HM:
Psycho Shock: Attacks the opponent, but does damage based on user's sp attack and opponent's defense
Calm Mind
Toxic
Hidden Power
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Protect
Rain Dance
Telekinesis: Attacks hit the opponent easier (Evasion lowered?) for 3 turns.
Safeguard
Frustration
Thunderbolt
Return
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Double Team
Reflect
Rock Tomb
Facade
Rest
Attract
Thief
Sing A Round: It attacks the opponent with song. If everyone sings together you can use the move in successive turns and have its power increase (?)
Echo Voice: It attacks the for with an echoed voice. If it or one of its team-mates uses it each turn, the power increases. (Like a fury cutter thing?)
Side Change: Switches places with one of its team-mates in triples and rotations
Energy Ball
Charge Beam
Embargo
Giga Impact
Flash
Thunder Wave
Psych Up
Rock Slide
Dream Eater
Swagger
Substitute
Trick Room
Egg Moves:
Teleport
Disable
Astonish
Power Swap
Guard Swap
Barrier
Nasty Plot
Skill Swap

Potential Sets:
Specially Offensive
Oobemu @ Life Orb
Ability: Analyze
EV's: 252 Sp Atk / 180 Hp / 4 Def / 72 Sp Def /
Nature: Quiet (+Sp Atk, -Spe)
Nastly Plot / Calm Mind
Psychic / Psycho Shock
Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ice
Shadow Ball / Energy Ball / Recover

This set is viable and doesn't need much speed for one reason only- Oobemu's Analyze ability. Because it adds extra power to the slower attacker, and Oobemu's base speed is 45, he will usually hit harder rather than softer. The first moveset choice is rather do you want him to have a much needed KO or if you rather allow him to take a hit. Should you choose the cm choice change the Sp Def EV's to Def. The second slot is always STAB no matter what you pick, but Psycho Shock is to stop any special walls that try to come in on you. The third slot is for mainly coverage, while the last slot is whether you want to stop ghosts coming in on you, to stop waters should you choose to not go with tbolt, or if you want to recover off any life orb damage, while having some bulk the opponent needs to dent again.

Double Screen:
Oobemu @ Light Clay
Ability: Synchronize / Analyze
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Sp Def / 4 Def
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
Reflect
Light Screen
Psychic / Toxic
Recover / Thunder Wave

Oobemu has two functions for itself: Being Specially Offensive, or having some sort of bulk involved in the set. This set gives you the second option, a double screen. The EV's and Nature are set to possibly give you both screens, but we don't know how the metagame will turn out so we can't be sure. The move slot choices are based on what you picked for your ability- If you went with synchronize, I would go with one or no status moves. If you went for Analyze, I would go for 1 or 2 status moves.

Well, there's my report on Oobemu. The main reason this guy caught my eye is from his ability, and his lacking base speed. This will help with the problem, but I do not expect him to be looking for OU. My prediction for him is to be UU or BL. But enough of me babbling- What do you think?

EDIT: Added in the suggestions for the speed drop in the sets. All speed EV's also replaced with Def.

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I don't really think there is a reason to boost. You need coverage on Sazando, are too slow and are better off just hitting stuff.

I think a SubCM set could be really effective on this guy:

Oobemu @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold(+Def, -Atk)
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA or 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Ability: Analyze
Psychic/Psycho Shock
Hidden Power Fight/Ground
Substitute
Calm Mind

This set takes advantage of Oobemu's high Special Attack. Due to its low speed it will attack last most of the time, so its ability makes its attacks stronger. Calm Mind boosts its special attack and special defence. Psycho Shock can be used instead of Psychic since most pokemon that switch into it will have better special defence than defence.

In a team setting, I'd love to see abuse of Simple Beam, effectively doubling all your stat boosts.
However, the base 45 speed kind of annoys me because you ideally want Simple Beam to go off before the set up. I'd have to see more of the userpool for Simple Beam, but the only abusable combo I can think of at the moment is this guy + Rankurusu, who has pretty solid defenses, Calm Mind, a base 125 Sp. Atk, Magic Guard/Regeneration, and is fifteen base speed points behind him.

Oh Dear Lord, heres my Doubles idea:

Oobemu@Smooth Clay
Telekenisis, Calm
252 Hp, 252 SpD, 4 Def
-Simple Beam
-Reflect
-Calm Mind/Recover
-Psychic/Thunderbolt

Partner:

Slaking@Shell Bell/Life Orb
Truant, Hasty/Jolly
252 Spe, (200 Atk, 56 SpA)/(252 Atk, 4 SpD)
-Cheer Up/ Bulk Up
-Substitute/Slack Off
-Focus Punch/EQ
-Surf/EQ/Return

Oobemu simple beams Slaking, sets up dual screen, and the goes from there.
Slaking can be mixed or straight up attack. SubPunch with any last option if Mixed, Slack off + EQ + Return with life orb if all-out attacking

In a team setting, I'd love to see abuse of Simple Beam, effectively doubling all your stat boosts.
However, the base 45 speed kind of annoys me because you ideally want Simple Beam to go off before the set up. I'd have to see more of the userpool for Simple Beam, but the only abusable combo I can think of at the moment is this guy + Rankurusu, who has pretty solid defenses, Calm Mind, a base 125 Sp. Atk, Magic Guard/Regeneration, and is fifteen base speed points behind him.
This is kind of annoying. I think I said i predict his max tier would be bl, but w/e too lazy to check. But yeah, now that i re-look him without being hyper offensively based, it does seem like he is made with double battles in mind. Simple beam is more of his helpful options, but only viable in doubles or triples. A scarfsimple set of this guy in triple would be interesting...

This guy, as far as I can see, Is one of the best users of simple beam, and with a teammate, could break stat-boosting completely, For example, in doubles:

Under trick room
Oobemu used simple beam
Ally Volbeats ability changed to simple
Volbeat used tail glow
Volbeat sp. atk +6 (If the new +3 boost is confirmed)

That's a belly drum for sp.atk without any Hp loss
and then if volbeat baton passes...
Could also double (or triple?) with shell break, coil around and butterfly dance pokemon.

To conclude, he's really not to be overlooked.

Life Orb Oobemu + Analyze = win

Seriously, high special attack and low speed is great for abusing that ability. It was unfortunate that Starmie couldn't abuse his DW ability, but at least this guy gets to! I'm eager to try out the offensive set.

Wait, did Simple's effect change? I was under the impression that it increased the effect of stat boosts, rather than actually doubling the number of stages the stat increases by. So the extra stats given by Simple can't be Baton Passed (as the next Pokémon wouldn't have Simple), but giving Simple to a Pokémon that already has stat boosts (or passing to one with Simple) would increase their effect. Trick Room is unnecessary; Calm Mind, then Simple Beam has the same effect as Simple Beam followed by Calm Mind.

It probably works the same way. It's just that boosts, even with Simple, can't pass the cap of +6 in any stat.

Or something like that...

Wait, did Simple's effect change? I was under the impression that it increased the effect of stat boosts, rather than actually doubling the number of stages the stat increases by. So the extra stats given by Simple can't be Baton Passed (as the next Pokémon wouldn't have Simple), but giving Simple to a Pokémon that already has stat boosts (or passing to one with Simple) would increase their effect. Trick Room is unnecessary; Calm Mind, then Simple Beam has the same effect as Simple Beam followed by Calm Mind.
Simple doubles all stat changes. A Bibarel using Defense Curl (with Simple) only has to use it three times to max out it's Defense.

Simple doubles all stat changes. A Bibarel using Defense Curl (with Simple) only has to use it three times to max out it's Defense.
Yes, but what Wichu meant is that the boost depends on the ability. For example:

This is is how people think it works:

Volbeat used Tail Glow! (+3 Sp. Atk)
Oobemu used Simple Beam! (Volbeat gets Simple)

End of turn: Volbeat with +3 Sp. Atk and Simple.

OR

Volbeat used Tail Glow! (+6 Sp. Atk)
Next Turn...
Volbeat used Baton Pass!
*Shanderaa switches in*

End of turn: Shanderaa with +6 Sp. Atk.

However, this is how it actually works.

Volbeat used Tail Glow! (+3 Sp. Atk)
End of turn: Volbeat with +6 Sp. Atk (+3 from TG and +3 from Simple)
Next turn:
Volbeat used Baton Pass!
*Shanderaa switches in*
End of turn: Shanderaa with +3 Sp. Atk (the Simple boost isn't passable: Shanderaa can only get it if Oobemu uses Simple Beam on it).

Sorry if that was confusing.

Oobemu really wants to stay in multi-battles, as in singles he's pretty much completely outmatched by Rankurusu, who sports better HP, the same Sp. Attack, a movepool just as wide, and better abilities.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Oobemu really wants to stay in multi-battles, as in singles he's pretty much completely outmatched by Rankurusu, who sports better HP, the same Sp. Attack, a movepool just as wide, and better abilities.
There is one advantage Oobemu has. Thunderbolt. Rankurusu has Thunder but not Thunderbolt. Its not much but its something.

Well what happens if we do this:

Turn 1:
Oobemu uses Protect
Volbeat uses Tail Glow

Turn 2:
Volbeat uses Baton Pass
**Shandera switches in**
Oobemu uses Simple Beam
Shandera gains Simple

Would that work, or would it fail if you had targeted Volbeat at the beginning of the turn and a new Pokemon has taken his place?

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Well what happens if we do this:

Turn 1:
Oobemu uses Protect
Volbeat uses Tail Glow

Turn 2:
Volbeat uses Baton Pass
**Shandera switches in**
Oobemu uses Simple Beam
Shandera gains Simple

Would that work, or would it fail if you had targeted Volbeat at the beginning of the turn and a new Pokemon has taken his place?
If Volbeat goes first this should work.

On the attacking set, wouldn't you want to run Quiet? After all you want him to go last so why not dump his speed?

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
He can use TR as well. (Just forget about Analyze and go something else). Guard Share also may be good against somthing like Skarmory or Deoxys-D.

I think you might as well mention a Trick Room set. It's largely outclassed by Rankurusu in that regard, but if you don't run Analyze (which it doesn't have yet), Telepathy in Multi Battles, or Nasty Plot, you're pretty much outclassed by it anyway.

Oobemu @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SpAtk
Nature: Quiet (2 Spe IV)
Ability: Synchronize/Telepathy

~ Trick Room
~ Psychic/Psycho Boost
~ HP Fighting
~ Shadow Ball/Nasty Plot

Given that it has the same SpAtk stat as Rankurusu, offensive Trick Room seems perfectly viable for it. Psychic/Psycho Boost is for STAB, while Psycho Boost hits Blissey harder, and HP Fighting is for Dark and Steel types. Shadow Ball is mainly for other Psychic types and is your best attack against most Ghost types but Nasty Plot can be used if you want to try and set up or don't fear Psychics and Ghosts.

The EVs should be obvious given that it doesn't need any Speed thank to Trick Room. A Speed IV of 2 gives HP Fighting a Base Power of 70 and still allows for low Speed. Synchronize is the better Ability in Singles, due to being able to duplicate things like Toxic onto walls, while Analyze is better in Multi Battles if you're running spread attacks.

Volbeat and Ooembu seem like great partners in doubles to me. With Mischievous Heart, Volbeat is guaranteed to go first to set up a Tail Glow. Next turn if it lives, baton pass to a Slowking (hopefully under Trick Room) and then have Ooembu use Simple Beam on Slowking. Since Slowking has healing thanks to Slack Off, and a great movepool, he can just fire off attacks while Ooembu just keeps the Room up. Its a shame he doesn't learn Healing Beam or whatever that is called.

I really like Oobemu, but in Singles play he's too slow and frail to do anything but die.

Seems great for a Triples Trick Room team, though. Something uses Follow Me, something else sets up Trick Room, Oobemu Nasty Plots.

Next turn, either you can Simple Beam a partner or sweep. Maybe a set like this?

Oobemu@Leftovers
Quiet (0 Spe IV)
252 HP/252 SpA/4 Def
Telepathy

-Nasty Plot
-Simple Beam
-Psycho Shock
-Thunderbolt

You're walled by Steels, but your partners aren't.

Tangrowth is reasonably bulky and might use Power Rage well, while being slow as dirt, meaning it can sweep in Trick Room; Gallade is slowish and stupidly strong, with Trick Room. Those seem like good partners- in particular, Gallade's Close Combat can deal with the Steel-types that wall your other two Pokemon.

You know, a support oriented set for Triples probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Just use Dual Screens and either Trick Room or Simple Beam along with Psychic for when you get Taunted. Tabunne would probably outclass it if you're not using spread attacks, since it gets all of the relevant moves Oobemu does as well as having Healing Heart to heal your teammates status problems.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You know, a support oriented set for Triples probably wouldn't be a bad idea. Just use Dual Screens and either Trick Room or Simple Beam along with Psychic for when you get Taunted. Tabunne would probably outclass it if you're not using spread attacks, since it gets all of the relevant moves Oobemu does as well as having Healing Heart to heal your teammates status problems.
He can also use Safeguard to protect the team agaisnt status, as well Skill Swap or Imprission.

If you're going to be focussing on Analyze as an ability, then I don't see why you're not using Quiet for specially offensive, or why you've given it a random speed EV.

~Evex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)