Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

As Bakus had said, if the everstone thing seems to work for you, I guess just go with it.
I don't know how to help you fix your problem, as I can't see what you're doing or what's really going on. All I can really suggest is keep using the everstone I suppose. Since it seems to be working amazingly well for you.
Sorry I couldn't have been of better help,

~Zombie.
I think I figured it out. It is quite obvious actually. I have many Dittos so I am usually able to use the natured Ditto I want/need. For instance...if I wanted an Adamant Azumarill then I would use a random natured male marill/Azumarill to breed with an Adamant Ditto with Everstone. So it increased the chance that I would get Adamant. Where as I think other people might have used the Everstone and a nature they didn't want such as a Modest natured Ditto. I can totally see how this could mess up the RNG because the RNG assumes that nothing is messing with the nature...to change it anyways. Where as, the Everstone would only increase the chance that I could get Adamant in my case it would drastically decrease the chance in the other.

I still don't know why it messed up for me before but I attempted getting a Hasty Houndour yesterday, without an Everstone on my Naive Ditto and it worked this time. So, I guess I am ok now...lol.

I'm just learning how to RNG in Emerald to try and get a decent Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza (among others).

I'm gonna be going for the 8:40.71 Jolly Rayquaza set. I found on the forums someone saying there was an 84 frame delay (1.4s). So the time I press A to talk to Rayquaza is 8:39.31

But when does the clock start? When the game turns on? Or when I enter the game from the load file screen? Some other time?

Any tips on hitting the exact millisecond?

(I haven't tried RNG'ing before this, and maybe it'd be better to start in HG/SS, but I'm in front of Rayquaza right now, might as well catch him :P)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm just learning how to RNG in Emerald to try and get a decent Kyogre, Groudon and Rayquaza (among others).

I'm gonna be going for the 8:40.71 Jolly Rayquaza set. I found on the forums someone saying there was an 84 frame delay (1.4s). So the time I press A to talk to Rayquaza is 8:39.31

But when does the clock start? When the game turns on? Or when I enter the game from the load file screen? Some other time?

Any tips on hitting the exact millisecond?

(I haven't tried RNG'ing before this, and maybe it'd be better to start in HG/SS, but I'm in front of Rayquaza right now, might as well catch him :P)
well the frames start advancing the moment the game leaves the white screen after a reset. And quite frankly if you have HG or SS, RNG rayquaza there, I've RNGed on emerald (on a cart to be exact, I assume you're using a cart as well?) and it was the biggest headache, I suggest you go do this on HGSS it will be much easier, since you control the frame advancements, can find better spreads on lower frames, you can check what frame you're on at anytime, and a bunch of other reasons. Also you won't waste 8 minutes on each attempt at most a minute or 2.

well the frames start advancing the moment the game leaves the white screen after a reset. And quite frankly if you have HG or SS, RNG rayquaza there, I've RNGed on emerald (on a cart to be exact, I assume you're using a cart as well?) and it was the biggest headache, I suggest you go do this on HGSS it will be much easier, since you control the frame advancements, can find better spreads on lower frames, you can check what frame you're on at anytime, and a bunch of other reasons. Also you won't waste 8 minutes on each attempt at most a minute or 2.
You are not the only person to give me that advice...

If I did want to RNG on Emerald though, is it really just the notion that I have to be accurate to the .01 millisecond in my click?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You are not the only person to give me that advice...

If I did want to RNG on Emerald though, is it really just the notion that I have to be accurate to the .01 millisecond in my click?
the fact that you are limited to the spreads you can get is what gets me and thta the most of the good ones are in ridiculously high frames that you probably won't reach without the help of an emulator, you could find a better spread in HGSS without having to go waste 8 minutes waiting and then find out you missed and start all over. As for the 0.01 seconds thing, the same applies to hitting a delay in HGSS except that the wait you do there is usually much smaller and at times even just button mashing though the opening sequence will get you the delay you want if it's low enough. But if you really have your heart set on emerald then good luck.

I'm trying to hatch an Illumise with the Shiny Egg Finder, and I've used the advice of using the same seed that's female for every gender ratio, and nothing has worked. I get nothing but Volbeat, and I was wondering if there's something else I could be doing or if it was just those seeds.
Still need some help.

In a rush, I didn't pay attention to which pokemon I put in the daycare first. Pokemon "A" is always the top one shown in the daycare, right?

So I'm getting through my HG so I can start RNGing on it. I'm up to the point after you defeat the Komono Girls and now all I really have left to do is defeat the Pokemon League. My question is can I continue to play through the game, defeat the Pokemon League, obtain the rest the Kanto badges, will I still be able to RNG Ho-oh, the beast Trio, Etc?

I just want to be double sure before I continue on with the game.

So I'm getting through my HG so I can start RNGing on it. I'm up to the point after you defeat the Komono Girls and now all I really have left to do is defeat the Pokemon League. My question is can I continue to play through the game, defeat the Pokemon League, obtain the rest the Kanto badges, will I still be able to RNG Ho-oh, the beast Trio, Etc?

I just want to be double sure before I continue on with the game.
Yes you can. You'll have to defeat the roaming dogs (raikou and entei) to RNG them later if you've already released them. The others are all pretty much normal.

I just started RNGing wild pokemon in DP. I found the initial seed, the time, date and delay and my chosen pokemon's IV

Is it possible to RNG for a specific pokemon with the IVs you want? Like for example, a Roselia whose encounter rate is moderate?

Encounter rates aren't so vague. Each frame on your seed has a different encounter slot for when you sweet scent or fish. To find out, just right click on the spread you want, and click encounter slots. A list of numbers should appear - the links on the pop-up will tell you what those number means in relation to the area of interest and whether or not that spread will yield the pokemon you are looking in. If the spread you want have an encounter slot of 4 in the grass and you're wanting an encounter slot of 2 for Roselia (purely theoretical here) then you'd have to find another spread with an encounter slot of 2.

Just some finishing notes - remember that sweet scenting and/or fishing will of course advance your frames, so take that into account. Also, make sure there are no roaming NPCs in that area and/or you've battled them so that they're no longer erratically advancing your frames.

Good luck :)

And I'm already in luck, I found a potential Cacturne parent.

By the way, I'm in the area where a Sandstorm is in effect. Route 228, would the weather effects do anything to the frames at all?

Cacturne? I take it you're talking about something else and not catching.

Sandstorm/weather, as far as I know...will adversely affect your coinflip results...so there's no clear way to verify your frame save doing it on an emulator or catching a wild pokemon and entering it into seed finder or something. It's quite difficult to do...hence why not many have, lol. Good luck though :)

No, I want to catch the Cacturne. It's got the perfect IVs I need, not to mention it has a move I need to breed. The Cacturne is located in the sandstorm area in route 228. But I can't calculate delays in frames in Sandstorms.

I don't know how else to get it.

You don't really calculate delays, you verify it with the coinflip application. Since you can't do it that way, just find your delay by catching a pokemon (this is done the same way as the calibration process). This way you can adjust pikatimer all the same. Just make sure that there are either no NPCs that can mess up your frames or you can battle them all.

Fortunately, no NPCs are in the area. However, there is a house there. Is it a good idea to save inside the house and do coin flips there? Or does that not make much difference.

I'm sorry, I'm so full of questions.

Fortunately, no NPCs are in the area. However, there is a house there. Is it a good idea to save inside the house and do coin flips there? Or does that not make much difference.

I'm sorry, I'm so full of questions.
Checking your flips in that house, or the building which connects route 228 with 226 is a good idea.

umm,hi im kinda new, and i need help with my RNG abuse[ playing on SS and plat].
any help,please?
and im from israel,so its kinda hard for me to read the guides[ allthough im good in english ^^]

Alright so say I'm RNGing for either Raikou or Entei. I know you have to defeat the Pokemon League and so on. Say I don't hit the correct seed/frame/etc. Would I have to knock them out and defeat the Pokemon League again? Just want to make sure that's how it works.

I tried downloading Wild Eep's ID Finder, but the link to download it doesn't seem to be working.. anywhere else I can download it?

I've recently been using Emerald RNG and I got a pretty good Careful spread for my Registeel (77400 - (21:30:00) 28/31/30/1/31/31) and it didn't seem so bad. I keep seeing people who have gotten better spreads, however, and they say the best spreads are way up in the hours. My RNG reporter doesn't seem to list these when I search, however. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, I'm going to be starting LeafGreen RNG soon, and I was wondering if there is some kind of RNG reporter that supports it, as some people seem to have found amazingly good spreads. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks very much in advance <3

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
I've recently been using Emerald RNG and I got a pretty good Careful spread for my Registeel (77400 - (21:30:00) 28/31/30/1/31/31) and it didn't seem so bad. I keep seeing people who have gotten better spreads, however, and they say the best spreads are way up in the hours. My RNG reporter doesn't seem to list these when I search, however. Is there something I'm missing?

Also, I'm going to be starting LeafGreen RNG soon, and I was wondering if there is some kind of RNG reporter that supports it, as some people seem to have found amazingly good spreads. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks very much in advance <3
that's because those spreads are out of RNG reporter's range, use the old version of PokeRNG found in this post.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2553502&postcount=5

As for FRLG RNG abuse look at this thread, http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62357
there's a program attached that find spreads but it only works for Macs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)