Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Yeah, it doesn't matter what seconds or delay or anything, just that you have the spread you hit as shiny on the game you hatch it on. It's just made so you can't hatch it shiny on the game you receive it, so it makes it slightly more complicated.
Sweet. I already have a shiny Manaphy but I want one just for the sake of trading purposes and NNing. Thanks! Oh, do you know what Pokemart has less moving NPCs?

Sweet. I already have a shiny Manaphy but I want one just for the sake of trading purposes and NNing. Thanks! Oh, do you know what Pokemart has less moving NPCs?
I wanna say Survival Area for Platinum only has 1....there may be a few more, but I think that's the one I always used. If in HGSS (not sure if you can get manaphy egg on it or not) then Cerulean has none.

Okay, I'm trying once again at 4th gen RNG breeding and I'm wondering how loose the guideline is for the starting frame. Post #2 says:

In HGSS, there is only one NPC on that route to worry about, and as a result the starting frame is usually 3 and there is no need to calibrate.
I'm guessing the starting frame is seed dependent? I just hit my target delay and the egg's IVs corresponded to frame 1. For this seed, I can just open up the Pokegear as soon as the game loads to call Elm twice to hit my target frame of 3, right?

But did I just get lucky that the starting frame was lower than my target frame? I mean, if for a particular seed, the starting frame was higher than my target frame, I'd be forced to use a different seed, right? Is there a maximum starting frame (assuming no roamers, 1 NPC on the daycare route)? I just want to know which frame I should searching for in the future for best results.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, I'm trying once again at 4th gen RNG breeding and I'm wondering how loose the guideline is for the starting frame. Post #2 says:

I'm guessing the starting frame is seed dependent? I just hit my target delay and the egg's IVs corresponded to frame 1. For this seed, I can just open up the Pokegear as soon as the game loads to call Elm twice to hit my target frame of 3, right?

But did I just get lucky that the starting frame was lower than my target frame? I mean, if for a particular seed, the starting frame was higher than my target frame, I'd be forced to use a different seed, right? Is there a maximum starting frame (assuming no roamers, 1 NPC on the daycare route)? I just want to know which frame I should searching for in the future for best results.

Thanks in advance.
It can vary what your starting frame is. It depends on what the NPC is doing when you save and what seed you hit. I've honestly found it to be 1 on my game nearly every time, but it can vary. I generally use targets that have frames of 5+, so I know for sure I will never have the problem of my starting frame being bigger than my target. Of course you still need to enter the menu as fast as you can when doing that. I verify my delay with one roamer and then just follow elm calls until I reach my target frame. There's no max starting frame, the starting frame is random, and can depend on how quickly you enter the menu. Obviously, if you sit there and wait a couple seconds it's going to be a lot different than if you enter the menu as fast as you can.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OK, question about encounter slots and whatnot.

First, when we right click on a frame and do "Calculate Encounter Slots" is it doing the ones from the frame before (like the code tells us to) or is it doing them for the subsequent frame.
i.e. If I click calculate encounter slots on frame 22, is that what I will encounter if I land on frame 22, or what I will encounter if I land on frame 23?

Finally, I'm trying to encounter a Bronzor in Soul Silver...
It is encounter slot 2 and 3 in (a series of) caves, with Radio Sinnoh playing, HOWEVER; for a lot of the frames I'm trying to hit, when I do calculate encounter slots it says 0 or 1 a lot of the time, but on the encounter codes website, there are no slots for 0 or 1 with radio sinnoh playing. What would I encounter on these frames (or more, will it be Bronzor).

Sorry if that was confusingly worded, thanks for any help. Never done a CP before (except a trial Slowpoke I did - but in an area where there are only Slowpoke :P )

OK, question about encounter slots and whatnot.

First, when we right click on a frame and do "Calculate Encounter Slots" is it doing the ones from the frame before (like the code tells us to) or is it doing them for the subsequent frame.
i.e. If I click calculate encounter slots on frame 22, is that what I will encounter if I land on frame 22, or what I will encounter if I land on frame 23?

Finally, I'm trying to encounter a Bronzor in Soul Silver...
It is encounter slot 2 and 3 in (a series of) caves, with Radio Sinnoh playing, HOWEVER; for a lot of the frames I'm trying to hit, when I do calculate encounter slots it says 0 or 1 a lot of the time, but on the encounter codes website, there are no slots for 0 or 1 with radio sinnoh playing. What would I encounter on these frames (or more, will it be Bronzor).

Sorry if that was confusingly worded, thanks for any help. Never done a CP before (except a trial Slowpoke I did - but in an area where there are only Slowpoke :P )
Whatever encounter slot RNG Reporter shows is the encounter slot for that particular frame, or the pokemon you will catch when you hit that frame. It does all the calculations for you.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How would I RNG Lugia on SS if I can't make Elm calls while in the room with Lugia to make sure I hit my seed?
make the calls just outside of Lugia's room, then stop 1 frame before your desired frame, and walk up to it, and hope that no 128 steps advancement occurs.

.com

Grumpy old man
When I RNG'd for Lugia (on Soul Silver) I did one calibration run.
I saved outside of the room, hit a random seed, advanced the frame like 15 times or so, and then as quickly as possible ran into Lugia's room and caught him. Turned out he was on frame 21. So next time I hit the right seed and then advanced until 6 frames before the one I wanted, did the same thing (run into the room as fast as possible and caught Lugia) and it was the right one.

I'm not saying it'll be 6 frames for you, but if you do a test run and see how many frames walking into the room advances it, it should stay pretty consistent.

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
I'm going to rng dialga in Diamond, but when you walk up dialga, it makes you autowalk 4 or 5 steps from him, meaning I can't save directly in front of him. I wnated to know if these steps change my frame and if so, by how much?

I'm attempting to RNG on an emulator and wanted to know if it was even worth the hassle as far as time goes. Meaning does it make a huge difference? Are there any perks to doing it on an emulator? Not sure if I should be asking this either but if it IS easier and much more hassle free which would be the best emulator to go about doing this?

.com

Grumpy old man
@Charzazo:
They shouldn't change your frame, but every 128 steps your frame advances, so it's possible that could trigger a frame advance.
If you're doing a high frame RNG (like 300+ frame), maybe do a trial run to see if your frame does advance more than you were expecting.

@Champloo:
There are advantages to doing it on an emulator. Mostly so that you can make a copy of your .sav file as a backup, and go back and recapture the pokemon with a different seed and frame if you want to.
The only difference is that you have to set your PC clock rather than your DS clock to use Pikatimer or other method of hitting your seed. If you can do it once, then you'll be fine from there.

I'm thinking about RNGing the Event Mew.

I'm using the seed 52140289, which will give me a perfect spread on frame 116.
Since it's on 116, I would need to advance the frame by 115 and then talk to the guy in the Pokemart, right?

I'm thinking about RNGing the Event Mew.

I'm using the seed 52140289, which will give me a perfect spread on frame 116.
Since it's on 116, I would need to advance the frame by 115 and then talk to the guy in the Pokemart, right?
Correct... you would be on frame 1, and then you need to advance the frame by 115 (most commonly, 106 frames need to be advanced since you verify your seed with 9 elm calls to begin with... but yes, 115 frame advancements, then pick up mew.)

I just RNG'd Lugia, and I hit my seed, but not my right frame. How do I figure out which frame I hit (I can't use RNGReporter, I'm on a Mac)?

.com

Grumpy old man
I'm on a mac, and I use RNG reporter. The post on the first page explains how to use it.

Instructions for installing and running RNG Reporter on Intel Macs

1) Download and install Mono for Mac OSX (note: you will need administrative privileges to install Mono).

2) Download RNG Reporter. Unpack the contents of the RNG Reporter .zip file onto your Desktop.

4) Download the RNG Reporter Mac supplement .zip file, attached to this post. Unpack the contents onto your Desktop

DOUBLE-CHECK: The files RNGReporter.exe, RNGReporter.exe.config MUST be directly on your Desktop, not contained within a folder on the Desktop. The RNG Reporter Mac supplement can actually be run from any location, but the Desktop is preferred.

5) Double-click the RNG Reporter icon. (Not the icon with the .exe extension.)
Just enter your seed on the main applet page, with all the right info (Method K, Synch poke, etc.). And then scroll down to near the frame you were trying to hit. Have a look around the nearby frames, and see which one matches your Zapdos.

Is there any common explanation as to my current situation?

I haven't RNG'd in a while, but I'd like to believe that I'm RNGing the same way that I was around 2 weeks ago. However, whereas I used to get very close to the wanted delay or a bit above it (generally 6), I'm currently consistently under my delay by up to 10.

It may be that you're a bit rusty, so to speak. I know that when I hit my delay, it's either 637, 639, or 641, and I know the Elm Responses so I know if I need to slow down a bit or speed things up.

I was going to breed an East Sea Shellos, but I couldn't find anything on how to manipulate the right one or if a specific PID was needed. Would anyone be so kind as to help me with that?

It may be that you're a bit rusty, so to speak. I know that when I hit my delay, it's either 637, 639, or 641, and I know the Elm Responses so I know if I need to slow down a bit or speed things up.
Maybe. I'm currently compensating for this by pressing A at the end of the last beep rather than at the beginning, which was when I use to press it. If I had to blame something other than me be rusty at this, it'd be my SR at the first set of beeps. My L button is messed up (probably for good this time), so I kinda need to fiddle around with it quickly to do a SR (and I've tried many times to RNG with my DSi that has a fully functional L Button with no success at all).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)