Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm checking to see if the IVs are generated the same way for all the different "kinds" of pokemon in B/W (stationary, wild, sweet scent, roaming, gift, etc). I keep hearing about "hihidaruma statues in the desert that have the daruma mode ability" but every time I walk up to them and check them it just gives a puzzled response. Am I misreading what has been said about them or can you really check them and encounter a hihidaruma? Do you have to fulfill something in order to encounter them? I'm only just past Gym 8.
yes, you need to beat the E4/ N, and then come back to the entrance of ancient castle, then professor araragi will appear right before you enter, give you a rarecandybar, and say that the statues are actually pokemons, then you will be able to interact with them.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Anothor newb qauestion

P_p

I'm only just past Gym 8, is it possible to buy the Magikarp on the Wonder Bridge? Is it even possible to get there at this point?

What happened to the thread that said how to make an analysis?

P.S. Is HP Dragon good on Unown?vThe only others that resist it are mawile and wormadam. Probo and Basti will likely see actual use thanks to sturdy abuse, so they can not be nu anymore

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

P.S. Is HP Dragon good on Unown?vThe only others that resist it are mawile and wormadam. Probo and Basti will likely see actual use thanks to sturdy abuse, so they can not be nu anymore
Nothing is good on Unown.

Dragon gets the best coverage.
Psychic gets STAB.

But ... they're still not good.

Anothor newb qauestion

P_p

I'm only just past Gym 8, is it possible to buy the Magikarp on the Wonder Bridge? Is it even possible to get there at this point?
No, once again to get access to the Wonder Bridge ( and all the east part of Ishuu),you will need the national dex, which can only be acquired after beating E4/N for the first time.

In order to make Unown semi-usable, you have to use a type that can hit something on a 4x weakness. Even at that, you're opponent should know that Unown can't touch anything without at least a weakness to its HP and send in something with fair Special Bulk and no 4x weaknesses.

Does anyone know any servers on PO that are actual simulators (no non-existent dream world crap) other than the always-down beta? I can't access their forums from where i'm at for some reason, and it seems like every other server doesn't have a wifi tier.

Nah. Probably because its EU and the internet i'm currently on sucks.

This isn't really the place to have asked this anyway :( I just really want to play actual pokemon right now, and of course now that I can, the only simulator server is down.

Ok this is what it says

We don't know when it will be back up.

We're looking for a hoster on which we can run it in the debugger without troubles, and that has (not required, but easier to configure...) a GUI.

We'll tell you when there's a new hoster avail. I'll take this time to continue developping 5th gen quietly (I can still put a 5th gen server up, no problem), and there's always cool servers to visit like Pokemonexperte UEPC, /tr/ocketry, Battle Island, Treehouse, Reborn server...

About the registry it won't go down, don't worry about that either.

Yep. It bounces back every non-attacking move that targets your side of the field, although it doesn't seem to block trick/switcheroo unless that's a PO error.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I saw in someone's signature a link to a thread about getting into gen 5, but I've lost it. If that person sees this could they post here, or could someone point me in the righ direction?

Please, could someone tell me how we can hunt Borutorosu once we first met him ? ^^

I don't see its sprite anywhere on the map, and the old lady's indications are all the more vague (North/South).

Please, could someone tell me how we can hunt Borutorosu once we first met him ? ^^

I don't see its sprite anywhere on the map, and the old lady's indications are all the more vague (North/South).

In the small buildings inbetween routes there's little messages that are broadcast on the screens at the top; they tell you where to find Boru/Toru as well as what swarms are where and such.

(do not know if this has been already asked, so bear with me)
Does Leftovers recovery come before secondary damage, such a Sandstorm/Hail? If so, Multi-Scale Dragonite is deemed pretty useless, in a Sandstorm dominant new metagame. If not, with RS support it can become a nice wall. (That was very off topic, but oh well)

Yep. It bounces back every non-attacking move that targets your side of the field, although it doesn't seem to block trick/switcheroo unless that's a PO error.
I don't see why it would block trick/switcheroo. It bounces back non-attacking moves against the opponent; it doesn't block any moves. If you bounce back trick or switcheroo against your foe... it switches items with your foe.

Anywho, simple question: If on a double switch your pokemon switches out first and you send in a pokemon with shadow tag, is the other pokemon still switched out or does it get trapped? (i.e., does shadow tag only take effect at the end of the turn the shadow tagger is switched in).

Hi, this is more of a request than a question, but here we go:

Can someone please make a video showing Freeze Bolt and Cold Flare, used by Kyuremu, and V-Generate, used by Victini? I know some of you with 1337 hacking skills should be able to do that and screen-record it with an emulator. I just want to see the animations of those attacks, so it doesn't have to be a full battle.

Oh, and if you could upload that video somewhere where I can download it, that would be awesome! :)

Can level 100 Pokemon gain EVs from battling in this gen? Apparently EVs are applied onto corresponding stats automatically in this generation as you EV train as opposed to having to level up or box the Pokemon to see the results. For some reason this makes me believe that perhaps level 100s are allowed to gain EVs from battling.

To test this, all one has to do is use an EV-reducing berry to erase some EVs from one of their level 100 Pokemon and then battle for those EVs again, checking the stat after every battle.

Can level 100s gain EVs from battling in this gen? Apparently EVs are applied onto corresponding stats automatically in this generation as you EV train as opposed to having to level up or box the Pokemon to see the results. For some reason this makes me believe that perhaps level 100s are allowed to gain EVs from battling.

To test this, all one has to do is use an EV-reducing berry to erase some EVs from one of their level 100 Pokemon and then battle for those EVs again, checking the stat after every battle.
The reason you couldn't EV Lv. 100 Pokemon in previous Gens is because EVs were only given to a Pokemon when they gained experience. This is likely the same way it works in Gen 5 as well. You can, however, use the new feather-like items (I forget what they're called) to give a Pokemon 1 EV in a stat and go past the 100 EV limit that vitamins have. This means that you can give Lv. 100 Pokemon (like the event Arceus) any EV spread you want.

What's the best HP for Unown, and where is the thread that tells me how to make a discussion thread for a Pokémon?
I have a feeling if you made a thread for Unown, the mods would just lock it because Unown got absolutely nothing in BW and will still be the NU Pokemon it's always been. Use HP Fighting if you want to bait Tyranitar, HP Fire if you want to bait Scizor and Nattorei, and HP Ice if you want to bait Salamence to Garchomp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)