Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Thanks for the spread Riski, I'm planning to use the spread on Lugia anyway. Also, another question, when using PokeRNG, should I always put 0 on Minimum and Maximum delays?Because when I tried that I got some "decent" frames. :)

Never put 0 on minimum delay because you can't go below 500 (+/- 20) on HGSS or 600 (+/- 20) on DPPt. So you should start the search at the proper minimum delay. I never search with 0 on maximum either, because PokeRNG gives you the first seed it finds, which will be a seed under 1000 if you start with a minimum delay of 500. I do searches from 500 to 1000, 1000 to 1500, 1500 to 2000, etc. You will discover that the same IV spread will occur on different delays, sometimes with better frames, if you do searches like that.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OK, I wanna try and RNG my first Pokewalker pokemon.

I have the .csv file with all the IVs, etc on them. And have no problem hitting a delay (especially if you only need to get it down to the second).
I also understand that every pokemon you withdraw will be a "frame 2" mon, except the first. i.e. first poke is frame 1, second poke is frame 3, third poke is frame 5, etc.

My question is:
Is there a setting on RNG Reporter which will tell me what IVs / Nature combo I will get on that particular frame. And if not is there any way I can extract the information from the excel spreadsheet. I don't really understand the column titles on it, the seed and then IVs are obvious, but then there's a run of other columns. I assume one of them is the frame (the big number in fourth column). How about Nature / Ability.

Thanks to anyone who can help. And don't worry about being a bit technical, I can handle maths and the standard names for things in RNG-ing. :)

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Any tips for hitting the right delay? I'm in the right range, but the closest I've gotten is one off (I'm trying to hit 600 in HG, yet the closest I've gotten is 599).

Any tips for hitting the right delay? I'm in the right range, but the closest I've gotten is one off (I'm trying to hit 600 in HG, yet the closest I've gotten is 599).
If you are getting odd instead of even you need to either insert or remove a game in the GBA slot. If you get 599 with no game in, insert a game and you'll get even delays. If you get 599 with a game in, take the game out.

If you have a DSi, I believe you can scroll down to the bottom of the menu screen and back up to the top once you get to it and that will change your delay from odd to even or vice versa. I have a DS Lite so I haven't tried that personally, though.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you are getting odd instead of even you need to either insert or remove a game in the GBA slot. If you get 599 with no game in, insert a game and you'll get even delays. If you get 599 with a game in, take the game out.

If you have a DSi, I believe you can scroll down to the bottom of the menu screen and back up to the top once you get to it and that will change your delay from odd to even or vice versa. I have a DS Lite so I haven't tried that personally, though.
Lifesaver...thanks for the tip!

Charzaro

(>~ @_@ )>~
OK, so I'm about to rng a fossil. Are the ivs and nature set when I receive the fossil or give the fossil? Do the npcs throughout all of oreburg or just the ones inside the museum affect the frame?

OK, so I'm about to rng a fossil. Are the ivs and nature set when I receive the fossil or give the fossil? Do the npcs throughout all of oreburg or just the ones inside the museum affect the frame?
In HGSS it's when you get the actual poke from the guy so I assume it would be the same in DPP. I'm pretty sure it's only the NPCs in the museum that can mess it up, don't take my word for it though.

.com

Grumpy old man
It's DEFINITELY only the NPCs in the museum that affect it, inside the museum and outside are loaded completely separately.

OK, I have tried my first Pokewalker RNG. Here's what happened...
Bronzor, Adamant - 29 / 30 / 30 / 0 / 30 / 1 . Following the usual method to obtain.

I assume by the IVs being right that I hit the right Seed. What about the nature, how is that defined?

I've been TRYING to Emerald RNG breed a Dusclops for about a month, and after seeing a few interesting comments a couple people made on the discuss my pokemon thread I thought maybe my Emerald had decided to switch to a different "mode" in spreads and maybe that's why I can't seem to hit my frame. I rare candied two of my results and found that they're from the Breeding (Emerald Alternate) list on RNG reporter. Does this mean I'm in Alternate mode and I should aim for those frames now? Also, how is it possible to know when our games switch modes other than checking egg results?

.com

Grumpy old man
OK update:
I've now caught 3 of the same bronzor. Adamant with those IVs... Any ideas?

Also:
I've now connected to the pokewalker 8 times (with different dates, times, years, etc.), and only had the one " ! " on my bushes for the radar (which I've heard means I can only catch Group B or C pokes). I want to do this for the Munchlax, am I only ever gonna get group B or C pokes?

kind of unrelated but does anyone know how to speed up vba in vista? Even when I hold down the spacebar, set frame skip to 9, and set the throttle to 1000% the highest it ever goes is to 140%...

OK, so what numbers should I input on the minimum and maximum delays on PokeRNG? I'm using SoulSilver by the way. Also, if you had defeated Sudowoodo in HGSS, can you able to re-battle it again after beating the Elite 4?

Ok, so my target frame is 42 with a monster frame of 1.

So 42-1= 41

So I do 128 steps to advance the RNG by 5 making it 36, then do 18 flips and collect the pokemon. Right?

.com

Grumpy old man
Minimum delay for HGSS is ~480. But I put 520 usually, to give me time to react to the beeps.
Max delay I put as 10,000. But that's more how long you're willing to delay for.
And yes. You can rebattle sudowoodo after the E4.

@Megaman:

Are you breeding or capturing?

Im receiving a kabuto in the mining museum in pearl. I just hit my seed
I don't recall if there are any NPCs in the museum. Is anyone moving in there? If they are, the'll be advancing frames when you walk 128 steps, which makes walking a bad option.

Edit: If there are no NPCs, your calculations look good: 18 flips and 128 steps using a party of five pokes.

Got it. Adamant swift swim 31/31/30/20/30/31 kabuto. I would do the asane thing for mesprit except subtract 5 as opposed to 1?

Yes, that's right. Subtract 5 for mesprit, 5 for walking 128 steps with five pokes in the party, which should leave you 32 frames divided by 2, so 16 flips.

Congrats on getting your fossil pokemon. :-)

Oh! So it's not the same spread. Well if you happen to get an odd target frame, you only have to subtract five and divide by 2, do the flips and talk to Mesprit without walking.

Alright so i want to try and RNG catch a wild pokemon. Does sweet scent advance frames? If so, how many? And does the number of pokemon in your party matter?

just want to make sure before i try :D

.com

Grumpy old man
I'm only particularly versed in doing wild catches on HGSS. But I can answer your question assuming you're doing it on one of those games.

Sweet Scent does advance your frame, either by 1 or 2. On my game it's 2, but I know that on other people's game it's only 1. Once you find out how many your game does though, it will always stay the same. So you will only need to do this test once, and then you can use that for any wild catches afterwards.

Probably best to do a trial run to test that out.
And no, the number of pokemon in your party doesn't make any difference.

Just do your frame advances using your chosen method (Elm calls, Radio, ... ), then without exiting the pause menu, go to pokemon, and sweet scent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)