Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Trying to ID/SID abusei n HG/SS. When does the delay start count? Is it right after you soft reset or start a new game in HG/SS?

How would I go to rng a shiny manaphy egg with near flawless iv from pkmn ranger?
Also is firered rng the same as emerald?
Save in front of the man in the Pokemart. Method 1 is for the Manaphy egg. RNG abuse the egg in game X, but instead of using shiny spread that game X has, use the shiny spread that game Y has. Once your done with all that, trade the egg into game Y and it should hatch shiny. The sprite will appear non-shiny when it hatches but when you check the Summary page, it will show shiny Manaphy.

I just RNG'ed one today.

Hi all, I'm trying to RNG something I have to fish for in SS. My frame is 4441 and I've got the right encounter slot for the Pokemon I'm going for. When do I finish making calls to use the fishing rod? I know with sweet scent it's 2 before the target frame, but is it different with fishing?

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I am trying to ID/SID abuse in HG/SS. I put my end time in the right side of the ID finder and I am using an AR code to see my SID too. When I input my new ID in the ID finder with the end time that I got, my ID does not match with the SID listed. Why is this? I know for a fact that the code I am using works.

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I am trying to ID/SID abuse in HG/SS. I put my end time in the right side of the ID finder and I am using an AR code to see my SID too. When I input my new ID in the ID finder with the end time that I got, my ID does not match with the SID listed. Why is this? I know for a fact that the code I am using works.
I'm not too familiar how one goes to RNG abuse by the DS but are you getting the desired ID? If so you should have the right ID SID combo. (Maybe the code doesn't work?)

Decided to give the Honey Trees a try today. I did all my calculations and what not, but I didn't get the Pokemon I wanted to appear in the tree. I'm hoping someone can look over my calcs and such and tell me where I might have gone wrong.

SID = 22895 = 596F
TID = 59436 = E82C

Alright, here are my trainer ID and secret IDs. I converted them to Hex.

[QQ] = 59
[RR] = 6F
[SS] = E8
[TT] = 2C

I separated the values per the instructions.

[QQ] = 89/21 = 4 R5
[RR] = 111/21 = 5 R6
[SS] = 232/21 = 11 R1
[TT] = 44/21 = 2 R2

I converted each from Hex to Decimal and then divided by 21 (decimal) and noted the remainders.

[WW] = 5 = Route 209
[XX] = 6 = Route 210 S*
[YY] = 1 = Route 205 N*
[ZZ] = 2 = Route 206

I used the remainders to find my Munchlax tree locations.

Here is the seed I used when I slathered the Honey tree on Route 210 South. I disabled the wandering NPC by battling her.

Seed: f107099a

E540 - 58688 - 89
E7E7 - 59367 - 90
6B13 - 27411 - 41 (Frame 8)
0982 - 2434 - 3 (Frame 9)
544F - 21583 - 32

This list shows Frames 6-10 for Method 1 generation of the above seed. I converted each last 4 hex digits to decimal and divided by 656 per the directions. Since I believe this to be a Munchlax tree, I chose to use Frames 8 and 9 to get my random values for the Column and Row of the Pokemon.

Here is what I wanted:

Column 2
Row 6
Heracross

After hitting my seed, I performed the following actions to advance the RNG:

128 Steps w/ 5 in party
1 Journal flip

That should have advanced the RNG by 7, which lands on Frame 8. This logic seems to be consistent with the example given. I then slathered the honey tree.

I came back later and a Burmy was in the tree instead. That narrows it down to two possible Column/Row combos that I actually hit, but I'm not sure which one it is.

If I have done something wrong please let me know. For now I guess I'll be RNG'ing a Burmy...joy...
Anyone? :(

Save in front of the man in the Pokemart. Method 1 is for the Manaphy egg. RNG abuse the egg in game X, but instead of using shiny spread that game X has, use the shiny spread that game Y has. Once your done with all that, trade the egg into game Y and it should hatch shiny. The sprite will appear non-shiny when it hatches but when you check the Summary page, it will show shiny Manaphy.

I just RNG'ed one today.
Oh so it's like a roamer/ gift pokemon but I just have to use a shiny method 1 spread for another game thanks

Hi all, I'm trying to RNG something I have to fish for in SS. My frame is 4441 and I've got the right encounter slot for the Pokemon I'm going for. When do I finish making calls to use the fishing rod? I know with sweet scent it's 2 before the target frame, but is it different with fishing?
fishing advance the frame by 4 and sweet scent in the water advance the frame by 3
You call elm then advance the frame up to the amount of before your target frame needed to fish or sweet scent and then ss or fish

Edit I re-read your post since you fishing stop 4 frame in frog of your target frame. InformTion is in guide four in pAge one

In DPPt, roamers advanced the RNG by 1 for each roaming Pokemon. In HGSS, this appears to be inconsistent - sometimes a roamer advances the RNG by 2. It is recommended that all roamers are killed off before attempting RNG manipulation in HGSS. Don't worry, beating the Elite Four will bring them back if you haven't captured them.
Given that information. How is it possble to RNG Raikou in HGSS? Im trying to get HP Grass and use it as a special attacker set. Suggestions?

Given that information. How is it possble to RNG Raikou in HGSS? Im trying to get HP Grass and use it as a special attacker set. Suggestions?
I remember that you have to do it before releasing it into the wild. Battle Tower, or killing it and then "resurrecting" it after beating the E4. The "pre-ressurection" part is the one where you RNG for it's IV's/Nature/Shininess.

Pre-ressurection part means having a battle with Lance, the Champion. I remember seeing something about RNG'ing roamers in HGSS on the 1st page, 2nd post/3rd post.

Consolidation of HGSS info, so people don't have to hunt through the thread.

RELIABLY RNG-ABUSING THE HGSS ROAMERS POST-ELITE FOUR

(tested on HeartGold, US version) [Note: It has been reported that in European versions Entei is on frame 1 and Raikou on frame 5, rather than the other way around.]

First, a hat tip to Destiny100 for suggesting this method. This is pretty much his idea; I just typed up a short guide for it.

PREREQUISITES:

- Figure out the seed and frame you need to hit for your desired spread, either with RNG Reporter or another program. It is recommended that you select a frame as low as possible for your spread but not lower than 3.
- Have all 3 roamers (Entei, Raikou, Lati@s) released and roaming on the map. It is probably fine if you only have 2 roamers released, however.
- Familiarize yourself with the Roamer method for Seed Verifier.

NOTES:

When the roamers are regenerated post-E4, their stats are created via Method 1 on the following frames:

1st roamer: frame 1
2nd roamer: frame 6
3rd roamer: frame 11

The order for regeneration is Entei -> Raikou -> Lati@s. If all 3 roamers have been released and KOd, then defeating Lance will respawn Entei with frame 1's spread, Raikou with frame 6's spread, and Lati@s with frame 11's spread. If Raikou has been caught and the other 2 have been KOd, then Entei will respawn with frame 1's stats and Lati@s will respawn with frame 6's stats. If Entei is still roaming and the other 2 have been KOd, then Raikou will (probably) respawn on frame 2 and Lati@s on frame 7. The extra offset on the last example is due to the fact that having Entei on the map will cause the frame to automatically advance by (at least) 1 when the game starts.

HITTING YOUR SPREAD:

Make sure that all the roamers are released. Find and KO the roamer that you wish to abuse. The other roamer(s) must be roaming the map. I will assume that you have released all 3 roamers and fainted only the one you are currently trying to abuse.

Fight your way to Lance and stop one step in front of him. To be more precise, stop one step before the auto-walk sequence begins and forces you into the fight with him. Open your radio and drag the tuner to the very center so that no station is playing. Open the map and note the locations of the other roamers. Save your game.

Adjust your date/time settings and hit your desired seed. Use the Roamer method of Seed Verifier to confirm it.

Once you have hit your seed, use the radio to advance the frame. Remember, since you have 2 other roamers on the map, then you (probably) begin the count from frame 3 instead of frame 1. (Make sure to check the output of Seed Verifier to confirm whether you should start from 3.) So if your desired spread is on frame 100, you must advance the frame exactly 97 times. Use the bottom-right station of the radio to advance your frame. Keep in mind that Buena's Password does not advance the frame, and that commercials may throw off the count as well. Other programs on this station always advance the frame by 1. The other stations are not as consistent as this one. You may need to use a different date/time setting in order to get a program other than Buena's Password.

Once you advance to the desired frame, walk forward and beat Lance. Skip the credits and load the game once more.

Find the roamer you just respawned and capture it. Use a Master Ball if you have one. Check its stats to see if everything worked correctly. If you hit the wrong spread, figure out which frame it was respawned on and determine why you missed the one you wanted. Did you miscount the radio taps? Did you accidentally hit another station? Was some other program than Pokemon Search Party or Silver Drama playing? Did you properly verify your seed and starting frame? Restart and try again.

If you hit the correct spread, restart without saving. The roamer will keep its desired stats, and you get your Master Ball back. Furthermore, now you can repeat the process for one of the other roamers, and since you need multiple roamers released simultaneously in order to verify your seed, it's best that you don't actually capture and keep any of the roamers until all 3 of them have been respawned with the stats that you want.
There. Credits to OmegaDonut.

Just want to confirm if Im doing this right.
Breeding for IVs
I put the 2 parents in the daycare.
Then I bike up and down until he's holding an egg.
Then I save in front of him.
I reset the game, setting my DS to the correct date/time. Using timers to hit the right delay/second.
When I get into the game, I do coin flips to seed check AFTER taking the egg.

Correct?

breeding for IVs seems enormously more complicated than catching specific IVs or hatching for nature/shininess.
The frame calibration alone seems really time consuming. Is it really necessary?

4. Hatch this egg and make sure that it has the correct nature, ability, and gender. If it does not, release the Pokémon and go back to Step 2.

Where am I generating this nature/ability/gender combination?

This is my first time using pokerng and I'm having a little trouble understanding the results that are generated.

PID: 4f0acf77 (TIMID, ability 1) 31/2/31/30/31/31 (Seed: 2d040d85 Method 1: 382, J (synch): 349, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 351, K (no synch): None) HP GRASS 70

If I were to rng for zapdos (method 1?), do I need a synchroniser? And is 382 the frame number?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 24)