Move Stat Restriction Tournament Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Approved by Earthworm

When building a team, a player must have to decide the 6 pokemon out of the 470+ choices there are. While the choices will often impact how a match turns out, there is also another aspect to battling that also helps define a match: the moves themselves.

There are five stats to a move: its pokemon type, base power, PP, attacking type (Physical/Special/Other), and accuracy. However, what happens when there's a restriction on at least one of these types? The point of this tournament is to see what happens.

Rules:
  • Sleep Clause
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Self-KO Clause -- Applies to Destiny Bond and Explosion/SelfDestruct, Damage Recoil and LO recoil when you're on your last poke and your opponent is on their last, and both pokemon die on the same turn. However, if a pokemon dies to sandstorm/hail/burn/toxic after performing a recoil move or suffering LO recoil and successfully defeats the other pokemon, it will count as a win for the trainer whose pokemon died to the residual damage.
  • Timed Battle Clause
  • All Ubers are banned
  • All rules listed here must be followed.
  • Battles may be done on any Shoddy Server or PO Server.
Each round, there will be a restriction on at least one of the following:
  • Total Attacking Types (Physical/Special/Other)
  • Total Base Power *See Notes for Given Base Powers to Moves who have varying Base Powers
  • Total PP (The PP will be counted based on the original PP prior to PP Maxing. PP Max will be allowed during rounds with PP restriction. Example: Surf will count as 15 PP, but in the battle, you may use Surf with 24 PP (result of 3 PP Maxes))
Example(s):
  • The total team's moves' base stat total may not be higher than 1000.
  • No more than two Other moves per Pokemon
  • The total team's moves' PP total may not be higher than 350.
Round 3 Restriction: The total team must have 8 Physical, 8 Special, and 8 Other moves.

Moves used multiple times in the same team (see example) will count as however many times it was used in the team.

An approved team would be something like this:

Infernape: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, U-Turn, Stone Edge
Slowbro: Calm Mind, Rest, Surf, Ice Beam
Bellossom: Substitute, Leech Seed, Toxic, Stun Spore
Azelf: Stealth Rock, Psychic, Fire Blast, Explosion
Starmie: Rapid Spin, Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
Pikachu: Volt Tackle, Hidden Power [Ice], Tackle, Nasty Plot

8 Physical: Flare Blitz, Close Combat, U-Turn, Stone Edge, Rapid Spin, Volt Tackle, Tackle
8 Special: Surf (2x), Ice Beam (2x), Psychic, Fire Blast, Hidden Power, Thunderbolt
8 Other: Calm Mind, Rest, Stealth Rock, Substitute, Leech Seed, Toxic, Stun Spore, Nasty Plot

Brackets will be made using this bracketmaker

Prior to battling, all teams must be sent by forum PM or via IRC to me so that they are approved. If sending via IRC, you must give it in a pastebin link. All battle results MUST be posted in the thread. It is highly recommended that players save logs in case of a dispute.

When sending teams, it must have these things.
Pokemon @ Item
Ability:
Nature:
EVs:
-- Move 1 (Physical/Special/Other)
-- Move 2 (Physical/Special/Other)
-- Move 3 (Physical/Special/Other)
-- Move 4 (Physical/Special/Other)

Grass Knot + Low Kick will have 70 Base Power since the average of all possible Base Powers of the two is 70.

Pursuit's Base Power will count as 40. Payback's base power will be 50.

Gyro Ball will count as 75 BP since the average of its max BP and min BP is 75.

Moves such as Avalanche and Revenge will have 60 BP.

Trump Card (unlikely to happen, but just to put it in here to be safe) will count as a Base Power of 86.

Frustration/Return's Base Power will count as 102.

Eruption/Water Spout will count as 150 BP.

Seismic Toss and Night Shade will count as 95 BP. Sonicboom will count as 10 BP; Dragon Rage will count as 30 BP.

If you sent in your team and your opponent did not, you got the win. If both opponents have given me teams and have not played or if you have contacted me earlier, you are given an extension. I will look at activity wins, or if worst comes to worst, coin flip.

R3:
Has won
Has sent in team for R3

Eo Ut Mortus vs Plusle
Yondie vs Cristal
markyguila vs Mercy
Deep Thought vs Ironbullet93
uragg vs Ciele
wilson46 vs Snorlax
D0nut Eater vs Bluewind
Smashlloyd20 vs KnightoftheWind -- won by coin flip.

Deadline for the extension: December 19th (All teams have been approved for r2)
Deadline for matchups: January 9th (Long deadline is to help for holiday vacations. If all matches get done prior to this point, I will post r4 early.)

I will not be available for most of December 24th, 25th, and likely 26th. It would be ideal if people got their r3 teams in by December 23rd

Notice:

Remember to send in your team prior to battling so if something is wrong it can be fixed! If you have a match with your opponent prior to your team's approval, and you win, but your team is disapproved, your opponent will advance. That being said, if you choose to have your match done prior to your team's approval, you'd better be damn sure that it's valid for this round. This has already happened once during the tournament, and I did let the loser of that match advance, and a couple of you have sent in (to-be-approved-as-legal-for-the-current-round) teams after your battle as well; I am just trying to reduce the chance that this unfortunate event happens.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
R2 extensions done. Smashlloyd20 advances via opponent's forfeit and KnightoftheWind advances via coin flip.

BIG loven

Not so little anymore
Eo Ut Mortus vs Plusle
Yondie vs Cristal
markyguila vs Mercy
uragg vs Ciele
wilson46 vs Snorlax
D0nut Eater vs Bluewind
Smashlloyd20 vs KnightoftheWind

Eo Ut Mortus vs Plusle
Yondie vsCristal
markyguila vs Mercy
uragg vs Ciele
wilson46 vs Snorlax
D0nut Eater vs Bluewind
Smashlloyd20 vs KnightoftheWind

good luck everyone!

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Just a reminder that the deadline for this round is January 9th

Now that the holidays are over, I expect the matches to be done ASAP.

I won against Uragg in a game which came down to both of us using Struggle with our last Pokemon. Good game.

markyguila hasnt logged on since the 6th. To be fair he's been ready longer than I have, but he's hardly been on at all this week.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Quarterfinals will be up tomorrow. I've got other stuff to do. Unless something was posted about Smashlloyd20 vs KnightoftheWind that I missed, Smashlloyd20 advances via coin flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)