Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

No no when I mean even spread I mean even frames. Thought it was obvious, but I better edit just in case
Well if you're in Poke Mart without any NPCs just walk 128 steps inside (with and odd number of Pokemon in your party at the time) and than it can get you an even frame.
So if you have 3 Pokes, walk 128 steps. Than get the Wondercard Poke it will be frame 4.

Well if you're in Poke Mart without any NPCs just walk 128 steps inside (with and odd number of Pokemon in your party at the time) and than it can get you an even frame.
So if you have 3 Pokes, walk 128 steps. Than get the Wondercard Poke it will be frame 4.
I'll edit again with info that it's just Diamond and Platinum

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Originally Posted by Fat Sixfortyfive
I just finished RNG-ing Giratina at the Sinjoh Ruins (Naive 30/30/31/30/27/30 w/ Hidden Power Fire - seed F1060C88). Thought I'd share how I did it in case anyone wanted tips for the dragon trio:

- Saved my game one step in front of the Ruins of Alph head office with only Arceus in my party.
- Reset the game and took note of the seed I landed on by using Seed Verifier. I called Elm 10 times to confirm the seed, leaving me at frame 10 for this seed.
- I advanced one step forward to trigger the cutscene that takes you to the ruins. Once at the ruins, I took the shortest path to Cynthia, then took the shortest path back to the chamber and the tile on the stage that begins the event.
- After receiving Giratina, I checked its stats and deduced that this Giratina was produced on frame 19, meaning that between calling Elm and receiving Giratina, my frame advanced 8 times. (This will possibly be different for you.)
- I quit and restarted, attempting to hit the proper seed and frame for the spread that I wanted. This time, after confirming my seed by calling Elm, I advanced the frame 139 more times with a combination of the radio and additional calls to Elm. This puts me at frame 149. I repeated my earlier steps by taking the shortest path to Giratina (advancing the frame 8 times) and receiving it (advancing it one final time, to frame 158, which contained the spread I wanted).

You can probably save and begin the process one step outside of the Sinjoh Ruins main chamber, after Cynthia is already inside. I only did it this way because I was nervous about initiating any of this before saving.
Got a few questions about this... first of all that movie takes like forever xD people should be very patient to RNG one of these legends lol. But, is it possible to save in the center at the point you can get one of the 3 legends, and start RNG'ing from there? Or should I just do what is said above here?

If your frame is low or if you patient to use alot of elm/irwin calls then yes, you can save in the center of the symbol, and rng it. You cant use advance the frame with the radio though, if you do it inside the ruins

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
If your frame is low or if you patient to use alot of elm/irwin calls then yes, you can save in the center of the symbol, and rng it. You cant use advance the frame with the radio though, if you do it inside the ruins
Aw bummer. Well that's how I advance frames, so I guess I'll do it in front of that house. Thanks. :) First need to get myself a rebattle code >_<

Quick question about Platinum Wondercards. I get my poke 1 frame shy of the target, correct?

Oh and if my Journal pops up with a captured poke on the very first page, does it count as a flip/frame advancement?

Quick question about Platinum Wondercards. I get my poke 1 frame shy of the target, correct? Yes, wondercard pokemon have a frame of 1

Oh and if my Journal pops up with a captured poke on the very first page, does it count as a flip/frame advancement?
It should, it does for me

Edit: Raikou?

When attempting to RNG Raikou, would his frame be 1, 6, or 11?

Edit: When I RNG'd the 3 legends (Arceus event), I waited until Cynthia gave her speech and finished her message in the room ("You'll want to be prepared..."), then I moved my character 1 step away from the midlle of the circle of the legend I want.

Simplest way for me, because their monster frame is 1 when you do it this way, and you get the same result every time.

Just got the Shiny Raikou on my Diamond, Platinum and SoulSilver games. Wondering which game would be the easiest to RNG for a good one with.
~Uiru

In this order
SS/PT/D

Why SS
you can advance the frame by 1 or larger intervals
There are 2 pokemart with no NPC
You can also check what frame you own

Pt
It the same as diamond only I believe that in Pt you can only hit odd or even

Since the nature isn't affected by the RNG on Wondercard Pokemon, yes, you can use any spread for the Wondercard Pokemon regardless of it's nature. :)

It appears to be Fushcia. There are NPCs, but they aren't moving.

Are there any moving NPCs outside Mt. Silver? I'm getting consistent results outside of it, but when I go in I get higher delays for no good reason.
~Uiru

Is there any other way to rng entei, raikou and latios because i get to lance hit my delay and everytime i try to advance my frame with the radio its always buenas password

Adjust your seconds to get a different hour.

Also, if the date changes while you're playing, that advances the frame by 2.

So I have two seeds that give identical results (620a01f9 and e20a01f9; they have different natures but are 31/17/31/31/31/31). Both are on frame 1261. How can I go about finding a date (preferably in 2011) to use here?
~Uiru

Ah, those mystical buttons on the side. Thanks.

As I'm considering a frame in the 1200s, are the roamers going to mess this up any? I haven't hunted them down yet.

Oh, and even/odd delays- will that matter? I've been getting odd delays in SS; do I have to insert a GBA version to make them even or does it matter?

edit: How can I confirm I'm on the right delay before going through 1200 frames?
~Uiru

excuse me but does anyone know exactly how to rng the crown beasts?, im doing raikou and i saw that it is method 1 frame 1, my frame is 308, so i advanced it 307 times after confirming my seed, and it ended up being off, i dont know what i did wrong, i saw that the spiky eared pichu was frame 1 but something called wonder card method due to it having a set nature like what crown beasts have, but i can not find that, can anyone help?

I'm RNGing Raikou. I fainted all roamers, and am currently at Lance. My target frame is 114. Do I advance the frame 113 times, then engage in battle against Lance?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)