Ninjask

Mischevous Heart pokemon suck so Mental Herb is useless except in the (currently unestablished) lower tiers IMO.

then again that's probably where n00bjask will end up huh?

Um no. They don't really. The only MH poke arguably landing in UU is Lepardas. Ninjask is likely to break UU as a broken support Poke. It's ridiculously easy to pass +2 Atk/Speed if the opponent doesn't have Lepardas. Even with Lepardas, its possible to pass a +1 Speed in the very least.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Cosmic Explorer: Starf Berry is not useless, being appreciated by most mixed sweepers. Exploud, a Pokemon that has trouble functioning outside BP chains, already gets Speed and Attack from Ninjask. The potential for a Sp. Atk boost or a defensive boost to remedy its low base defenses is something it won't pass up.
EDIT: Also, many people add possessive references to sets when they think them up, or even if they don't. If it's a set on your Ninjask that you thought of, it's your set on your Pokemon. If you didn't think it up, it's still your set being on your Pokemon. If a set is popular, it gets a name. If it isn't, it's easier to say 'my set' than 'The Ice Beam/Rock Slide/Cheer Up/Substitute set'.
The material benefits of Focus Sash or Leftovers are far greater than that of a boost that might possibly help the pokemon being Passed to, and the pokemon Ninjask passes are physically-oriented, which means they cannot make use of a Special Attack increase, and the benefit from getting a defensive increase is negligible at best, as it's unlikely it'll hit the stat it needs to bypass its counter, and considering that Ninjask Baton Pass chains are so easily broken by phazers, an Attack boost from a Liechi Berry would be far more useful, allowing the recipient to perhaps get a KO or just do more damage to the incoming phazer, which can ease a sweep later.

Also, the poster said, "if you use it, remember, this is PJ_Graphix's Ninjask." That's not just saying, "I thought of this set," it's saying, "everything this set achieves is attributable to me because this set is completely my own invention and you have absolutely no part in the matter."
Breludicolo, based on a couple of other posts I've seen, I can safely say you HATE Mischievous Heart! Taunt is a real threat to BPers, especially Ninjask who needs to get the hell out of there before it gets OHKOed. Mental herb is justifiable. Who wants Sableye/Murkrow/Erufuun stopping Ninjask. if it doesn't switch, Erufuun can then use Cotton Guard, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, whatever takes its fancy, maybe even Gale (o_0). Sableye can WoW etc. and has an Attack power that is enough to take out Jask. Murkrow can nullify Attack boosts with Featherdance etc. You get the picture. Ninjask hates Taunt and Mischievous Heart really is a reason to run Mental Herb.
As I stated before, Mental Herb is useless against Mischievous Heart Taunters, only allowing Ninjask to get a single Speed Boost in with Protect before it must use Baton Pass or get Taunted again, this time without the protection of the Mental Herb. Against offensive leads, it again fails because of Ninjask's terrible defenses and the lack of the buffer of Focus Sash or Leftovers to restore health lost from making Substitutes. Mental Herb is almost completely useless on Ninjask. Breludicolo also has a point in that all Mischievous Heart pokemon but for Erufuun and Borutorosu are quite low in usage.
Um no. They don't really. The only MH poke arguably landing in UU is Lepardas. Ninjask is likely to break UU as a broken support Poke. It's ridiculously easy to pass +2 Atk/Speed if the opponent doesn't have Lepardas. Even with Lepardas, its possible to pass a +1 Speed in the very least.
"Likely to break UU." I stopped reading after that.

breh

強いだね
Breludicolo, based on a couple of other posts I've seen, I can safely say you HATE Mischievous Heart! Taunt is a real threat to BPers, especially Ninjask who needs to get the hell out of there before it gets OHKOed. Mental herb is justifiable. Who wants Sableye/Murkrow/Erufuun stopping Ninjask. if it doesn't switch, Erufuun can then use Cotton Guard, Leech Seed, Stun Spore, whatever takes its fancy, maybe even Gale (o_0). Sableye can WoW etc. and has an Attack power that is enough to take out Jask. Murkrow can nullify Attack boosts with Featherdance etc. You get the picture. Ninjask hates Taunt and Mischievous Heart really is a reason to run Mental Herb.
Ok, let's see.

Erufuun: Shit defences, poor attack, and walled by grass types (no U-turn doesn't count)
Sableye: Shittiest defences (screw W-o-w it has spinda defences on the special side (actually Spinda's are better lol) and poor attack
Murkrow: Poor defences (no prevo stone does not help much) and a status movepool that's simply not good enough

Notice that all of them have poor defences. This makes them difficult to get in and difficult to use well. All of them suck really. The only one I could consider to be OU is Erufuun, and it only in a way similar to Electivire and Dusknoir of 4th gen.

Mental Herb is useless to Shedinja. Plus it can't heal off SR damage or stall for turns with Sub with lefties.

Erufuun has average Defense, and after a Cotton Guard you can hardly call it bad. It isn't meant to last 65 turns. Murkrow has a perfect MH movepool and defenses after Evo Stone are not very bad (not to mention priority Featherdance). Sableye isn't meant to stand up to 20 attacks. W-o-W is a great move in general, and just cause a Pokemon doesn't have mixed defense doesn't make it poor. With Recover and W-o-W, Sableye can troll physical attackers all day. (Yes, that is exaggerating). But MH is not a useless ability. I never said Murkrow was Uber, but MH serves an amazing role in the Gen 5 metagame.

Sabeleye is quite useful for taunt and it can last a little longer with recover, but not forever. Sabeleye is probably most useful with will-o-wisp so that it can cause the opponent to switch out giving you a chance to either recover or set-up a taunt for the switch-in.

Honchkrow does have its uses but once something comes in with an ice, electric, or rock type move, like starmie, you should get it out of there. Honchkrow can get useful but you still have to worry about any attack since it isn't keen on taking hits, you could get lucky if you set up a lightscreen but I doubt it.

I still think ninjask is rather useless because you could get someone willing to skip the setup turn at the beginning (me) to bash ninjask so it can't baton pass anything to the recipient poke.

Sabeleye is quite useful for taunt and it can last a little longer with recover, but not forever. Sabeleye is probably most useful with will-o-wisp so that it can cause the opponent to switch out giving you a chance to either recover or set-up a taunt for the switch-in.

Honchkrow does have its uses but once something comes in with an ice, electric, or rock type move, like starmie, you should get it out of there. Honchkrow can get useful but you still have to worry about any attack since it isn't keen on taking hits, you could get lucky if you set up a lightscreen but I doubt it.

I still think ninjask is rather useless because you could get someone willing to skip the setup turn at the beginning (me) to bash ninjask so it can't baton pass anything to the recipient poke.

Its hard to bash ninjask, when he can protect and sub off your hits. I did enjoy a janky team with ninjask where I would baton pass off speedboosts to Roobushin. It was the funniest shit ever.

Ok, let's see.

Sableye: Shittiest defences (screw W-o-w it has spinda defences on the special side (actually Spinda's are better lol) and poor attack
You do realize... That Sableye's resistances, immunities, and lack of a weakness do in a sense make up for his lack of defense. Sides he can be surprisingly defensive with the proper EV spreads, at the very least he shouldn't fear physical attacks much. In fact that is his greatest advantage over Ninjask he's not dead weight and won't die after 2 switch ins, if stealth rock is in place, and unlike Ninjask CAN switch in on foes - because of his immunities. Moreover, speed doesn't mean jack to him thanks to his ability. So you'd have to be crazy to underrate this guy. Besides like the other Mischevous heart users its not attacking directly that he can screw over foes but indirectly through WoW/Toxic/whatever passive damage you opt to use or if not those then Nightshade/Trickery (he doesn't need to invest on attack EV's at all or use his own strength). Heck because of MH and his movepool this guy has WAAAAAY more versatility in support than Ninjask ever would, same with the other MH users.

That m-heart thunderwave and taunt really mess up baton pass teams. It doesn't matter how fast you are when your speed is cut way down.

Ninjask is just a frustrating pokemon, he's frustrating to fight and frustrating to use, but I think he might be seeing more use now that stealth rocks seem less common.

jrp

Banned deucer.
Not to mention, I would never leave a ninjask in against a mischevious heart lead. I'd switch in espeon/xatu, who btw are nice teamates for ninjask since they can prevent SR from being set up.

Also, hone claws is not a bad move at all it should at least be mentioned, baton pass to metagross with a boosted accuracy meteor mash, for example. Scary stuff.

I don't care what team anyone tries to run but metagross scares the shit out of me. I can give ninjask some love if I feel up to try and baton pass a stat boost, but once SR comes up it's pretty much useless. Ninjask is all about luck to me, You just have to hope that your opponent doesn't have SR in their arsenal and it could actually prove useful...

Ive found stealth rock to be somewhat uncommon and easy to get rid of this gen so it wont hurt him as bad. Also, he seems to be really good at baton passing speed boosts to the many pokemon that hit hard but could really use some extra speed that are currently used. Finally, with Ditto, taking the time to set up boosts for another pokemon can have huge negatives but ninjask can get around this as it usually can pass a sub to block ditto from transforming while still getting its stats raised, something the MH users cant do.

^Except Ditto isn't possibly going to even come out on a sub, and Ninjask's subs have to face one attack because it outspeeds literally everything(screw deo-s), and Ninjask has crap for defense.

Honestly Smeargle is better off for subs, since he can work with a slightly better version of Dragon Dance(Gear Change). Ninjask is not going to be good enough. Once SB Blazikens can finally get Baton Pass, this thing is going to end up in the gutter.

^Except Ditto isn't possibly going to even come out on a sub, and Ninjask's subs have to face one attack because it outspeeds literally everything(screw deo-s), and Ninjask has crap for defense.

Honestly Smeargle is better off for subs, since he can work with a slightly better version of Dragon Dance(Gear Change). Ninjask is not going to be good enough. Once SB Blazikens can finally get Baton Pass, this thing is going to end up in the gutter.
Subs can still survive if you make them when your opponent doesnt attack and sure, ditto wont come in because of sub but this is a positive if you have a set up sweeper with a sub that ditto cant revenge kill. The problem with smeargle is that it cant boost and protect its self from damage at the same time and this definitely helps Ninjask. I would agree that Blaziken would be better with baton pass but we dont know if it will get it with speed boost.

Use Choice Band Ninjask!
Everyone taunts the poor thing so hit them with Boosted Stab U-turn (felt that erufuun?) break their sash and gain momentum.

Trying to BP just won't cut it. Everyone talks about MH Taunt, but theres the even simpler thing that mental herb doesnt solve : switch to skarmory and whirlwind away.

Enjoy Ninjask while you can, since BP Blaze will be coming soon
Speed Boost Blaziken has been around for a while, and none have been confirmed female, which means no Baton Pass. Sorry to burst your bubble.

As for Ninjask, I don't really see it being any more effective this gen compared to the last, especially with things being bulkier nowadays. Like other people have said, MH users really mess this up, and so long as you have bulky pokemon on your team you can actually afford to let it pass speed alone by continuously breaking its subs.

Speed Boost Blaziken has been around for a while, and none have been confirmed female, which means no Baton Pass. Sorry to burst your bubble.

As for Ninjask, I don't really see it being any more effective this gen compared to the last, especially with things being bulkier nowadays. Like other people have said, MH users really mess this up, and so long as you have bulky pokemon on your team you can actually afford to let it pass speed alone by continuously breaking its subs.
I doubt it will remain illegal forever. Either way, with things like Gorebyss(/Huntail) and the new and improved Smeargle (with Uber Spore and Shell smash/Butterfly Dance), as well as mew, Ninjask's niche is pretty small

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Ninjask @ focus sash
Nature: Adamant
252 atk, 252 speed

Protect
Sword's Dance
X-scissor/Night slash/Aerial Ace
Dig

This moveset is absolute perfection. Protect once to outspeed everything, even with your adamant nature. Deoxys-S? Pshaw. Simply Protect and then sword's dance. X-scissor is your STAB option, eliminating everything after a Sword's Dance. Although night slash can be used for those cocky ghost types. Dig is your secret weapon. Heatran, Infernape, Metagross, Tentacruel, Blaziken, they'll all think TWICE before switching in on you now! By the time they've switched in, you'll have concealed yourself underground, and it'll be too late before they're forced to switch again!

Ironically, this set needs stealth rock support. You don't want flyers and levitating pokemon switching in on your dig for free. As for Skarmory, just do what the dragons do and make friends with magnezone. Stealth rock? That's what spin support is for. With all counters eliminated, you'll be sweeping teams in no time. Forget baton passing, ninjask is fine on his own.

...Poor, poor ninjask. Usage is all that keeps him in OU, I am very sorry to say.

Ninjask @ focus sash
Nature: Adamant
252 atk, 252 speed

Protect
Sword's Dance
X-scissor/Night slash/Aerial Ace
Dig

This moveset is absolute perfection. Protect once to outspeed everything, even with your adamant nature. Deoxys-S? Pshaw. Simply Protect and then sword's dance. X-scissor is your STAB option, eliminating everything after a Sword's Dance. Although night slash can be used for those cocky ghost types. Dig is your secret weapon. Heatran, Infernape, Metagross, Tentacruel, Blaziken, they'll all think TWICE before switching in on you now! By the time they've switched in, you'll have concealed yourself underground, and it'll be too late before they're forced to switch again!

Ironically, this set needs stealth rock support. You don't want flyers and levitating pokemon switching in on your dig for free. As for Skarmory, just do what the dragons do and make friends with magnezone. Stealth rock? That's what spin support is for. With all counters eliminated, you'll be sweeping teams in no time. Forget baton passing, ninjask is fine on his own.

...Poor, poor ninjask. Usage is all that keeps him in OU, I am very sorry to say.
Yay for sweeping with 90 base attack and terrible coverage. If only. Ninjask is pretty worthless outside of passing to other pokes

Blaziken cannot Baton Pass though due to Torchic being a level 10 male only event Pokemon. Ninjask still has that (and an initially higher base speed), above him.

Ok, let's see.

Erufuun: Shit defences, poor attack, and walled by grass types (no U-turn doesn't count)
Murkrow: Poor defences (no prevo stone does not help much) and a status movepool that's simply not good enough

Notice that all of them have poor defences. This makes them difficult to get in and difficult to use well. All of them suck really. The only one I could consider to be OU is Erufuun, and it only in a way similar to Electivire and Dusknoir of 4th gen.

Mental Herb is useless to Shedinja. Plus it can't heal off SR damage or stall for turns with Sub with lefties.
erufuun is sufficiently bulky with max def. Also, you missed Voltros and Tornelos, who can priority T-wave and are good in their own right as sweepers

I have a new set that I made from scratch that has worked insanely well for me in Ubers. This takes up two team-slots, though, since it is most effective with Borutorosu.
Thor (Borutorosu) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Nature: Modest (+SAtk -Atk)
-Taunt
-Thunder Wave
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
Lead I made
NinjaGnat (Ninjask) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 128 Def / SDef
Nature: Jolly (+Spd -SAtk)
-Baton Pass
-Swords Dance
-Substitute
-Protect
There. Taunt from Boru means that Ninjask can set up safely, and Thunder Wave is there so Ninjask can Para-Hax until you get a sub up, and use Swords dance to boost. Repeat until Ninjask has low HP, and then you Pass to Giratina, Deo-A, Ho-Oh, Marowak, Breloom, ect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)