Pinsir

Mold Breaker is simply why you are running Pinsir instead of Heracross. I hate you Game Freak, here Pinsir, you can have something pretty cool on one condition: Heracross gets it too.

At least Heracross doesn't learn X-Scissor. Has to resort to that terrible Megahorn move, completely unviable.

I mean, he didn't even get Ankle Kick. I suppose Level Ground can work for the gimmick speed lowering set.

I've always thought guts was more viable than overconfidence on heracross, because one will o' wisp and you lose.

Also, mold breaker is fantastic. Levitate is of course the big one, but with rough skin becoming slightly more widespread, and obviously Iron thorns on Nattorei, not taking that damage is nice. Ignoring battle/shell armor means that crit hax can still happen, which might matter and is nice, anyway. Flame body also bothers overconfidence heracross.

Mold Breaker goes through Sand Veil / Snow Cloak. No more Britsgor.

Ignoring simple is lulzy, ignoring solid rock/filter is useful. Ignoring unaware is great and ignoring sturdy is godly! Oh, and wonder guard.

Ohkos stay ohkos.

The big three
Levitate
Sturdy
Sand Veil / Snow Cloak

Scarf moldbreaker Pinsir will stay as the norm. Honestly, that's his little niché and I honestly wouldn't use Pinsir any other way.

Good lord, why does this thing not have Megahorn? It has two, giant ass horns on its head. Seriously. I even checked the japanese name to see if something was lost in translation, such is my bafflement.

Pinsir really has so much going for it, but just not enough. Mold Breaker got even better this gen due to the buff Sturdy got, and other abilities too.

I would love to see it become a viable UU threat.

Good lord, why does this thing not have Megahorn? It has two, giant ass horns on its head. Seriously. I even checked the japanese name to see if something was lost in translation, such is my bafflement.
Maybe next gen it will gain "Megahorns"!

breh

強いだね
Giant-ass horns or Giant ass-horns? :nerd:

Why is there so much fuss over Mold Breaker? Mold Breaker is a really terrible ability TBH. I'd barter that Moxie is far superior (ignoring incompatibilities with SR).

Sturdy is, while irritating, something that any other pokemon can take care of, especially any ghost type or rock type (pursuit makes them better). Snow Cloak and Sand Veil are similarly irritating but Pinsir has to live Gliscor's Acrobat and Garchomp's Outrages first (Snow Cloak is so uncommon it barely merits mention). Levitate is only useful to neutralize on Weezing (who will survive (I think) and Will-o-Wisp or severly damage with FT) and Shibirudon (who will live (I think) and FT).

Good lord, why does this thing not have Megahorn? It has two, giant ass horns on its head.
They're not horns. They're... pincers.

I'd take Hyper Cutter over Mold Breaker anyday. Levitate only blocks Earthquake which is redundant with Close Combat and X-Scissor. The Sturdy Pokemon Pinsir can actually OHKO are just gimmicky sets. Pinsir doesn't really have a chance in beating Gliscor anyway.

Moxie seems nice with Salac berry, but Heracross does that better.

They're not horns. They're... pincers.
Eh, same difference. When people talk about horns they are usually referring to any solid projection on the head, so frankly there isn't any reason for Pinsir not to learn Megahorn other than the fact that GF seems to enjoy screwing certain Pokemon out of useful moves.

Sigh damn you troll freak. Sure let hera have moxie, but give pinsir something to differentiat himself. Intimidate, anger point, rivalry, encourage (not that his movepool helps encourage at all), and i dunno why, but I somehow can see the guy having arena trap... Anyways, why must he forever live in hera's shadow.

Bulk up is a fun option if you wanna be a bit bulkier, and he has decent defense already so it doesn't hurt. He makes an even better lead this gen i think... SR form gen 4 and the ability to actually kill sturdy leads like aggron and probopass. Aside from that... ya not a whole lot going on for pinsir -T

Sigh damn you troll freak. Sure let hera have moxie, but give pinsir something to differentiat himself. Intimidate, anger point, rivalry, encourage (not that his movepool helps encourage at all), and i dunno why, but I somehow can see the guy having arena trap... Anyways, why must he forever live in hera's shadow.

Bulk up is a fun option if you wanna be a bit bulkier, and he has decent defense already so it doesn't hurt. He makes an even better lead this gen i think... SR form gen 4 and the ability to actually kill sturdy leads like aggron and probopass. Aside from that... ya not a whole lot going on for pinsir -T
Yeah, Arena Trap would have been pretty awesome, and not even broken, but alas.

Moxie's alright, but I don't think he's packing enough punch to get the most out if it. I love Pinsir, but he's still kind of stuck in a rut.

It should, Mold Breaker negates abilities that would make any of Pinsir's moves ineffective/prevent the from working properly.

I've checked everything new he gets. I'm afraid he didn't get much.
As mentioned previously, Pinsir gets Moxie/Overconfidence as an ability. While it sounds cool on the Choice Scarf set to rampage through unprepared teams through free Attack boosts, Mold Breaker is still better to let Pinsir go through Pokemon that would otherwise wall it with their abilities.

Yeah, Pinsir got trolled in the Dream World, by Heracross.

That said, Pinsir's been trolled since Gen 2, when Scyther got an evolution, but he didn't. Then Heracross existed too. Then Scyther got Technician in Gen 4, and now it's got Evo Stone to help it's base form more, while Pinsir just sits there and scowls.

Seriously, Pinsir has to be up there with Banette when it comes to 'Trolled Version Exclusives'. At least Pinsir has some uses, unlike poor, poor Banette.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Hey! Banette's the only frisk/trick pokemon in the game! Scouting for your opponent's item and then seeing if its worth using trick! Plus, he's the first ghost we've got who was able to use shadow ball offensively. Sure, he lost that in Gen 4...but he got shadow claw! And...um...gen 5 gave him...cursed body?

Anyone care to test this? It would be awesome of it worked. Would give him a little niche.
I'm pretty sure it does. Kurimigan's glare ignores magic mirror too, so...

iam sure pinsir gets sucker punch or something in gray to make him stand out of the crowd and competitiv with his 3 brothers, i mean he can dig and then attack from under the earth, that would be logical and coupled with his fighting/bug moves + overconfidence/moldbreaker he could be ways better than he is actually

iam sure pinsir gets sucker punch or something in gray to make him stand out of the crowd and competitiv with his 3 brothers, i mean he can dig and then attack from under the earth, that would be logical and coupled with his fighting/bug moves + overconfidence/moldbreaker he could be ways better than he is actually
Pinsir didn't get Sucker Punch in Gen IV, and I don't think it will this gen. Earthquake >>>>> Dig on Pinsir because opponents will switch to another Pokemon to take the attack if Pinsir uses Dig.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)