scary fucking animals (Now NSFW)

Great 200th post.

King Cobra. 18 feet of snake, all venomous.

So freaky, they eat OTHER FRIGGIN SNAKES, just to show theyre on top.

kingsnakes are the primetime venomous snake eaters

Agonist: The american lion has been shown not to be a lion at all, but rather a type of panther/jaguar. Not as if they aren't the same genus but still

Alright, let's get down to business.

Yes, that's a man's scrotum. Yes, they're pulling a worm out of it. You may also want to know that the worm in question can be up to a meter long, and secretes a powerful irritant when about to break out of the skin as a parting gift. "Irritant" is kind of an understatement though, since the escape hole hurts so much that people describe it as the affected part being on fire. This prompts them to dip the body part in question into water, which is what the worm wants, since that's the larvae must be deposited in water to survive. Since it wasn't creepy enough, the Medina worm doesn't lay eggs in normal worm fashion, a segment of the worm's uterus detaches and moves to the anterior part instead, and eventually wriggling larvae burst from the head of the mother worm. Kind of like Athena's birth, but gorier. Much gorier.

There's no real cure for adult guinea worms. You can kill the worm, sure, but then you're left with a meter-long worm corpse in your body, which isn't exactly a fun prospect. The "treatment" is pulling the worm out, which I must stress can be up to a meter long, from the affected body area, which I must stress hurts so fiercely that the affected think it's on fire, piece by piece BY FUCKING PIECE. If I recall, the effort to eliminate the Medina worm was the second begun out of any disease, since that shit is clearly more important than trifling diseases like bubonic plague, cholera and malaria. The eradication efforts are still ongoing.

Alright, this one's simple. It's called giant kidney worm, because it's giant, is a worm, and lives in kidneys. Generally mustelid kidneys, but turns out it's totally alright with humans too, and since they come from fish (in human cases, their real primary hosts are earthworms) there's no way to tell when you get one. One could be in your kidney, right now. Anyhow, their modus operandi is simple, they just plain hollow out the kidney, and when they get bored they can leave it and slither around in your innards. If they get into both kidneys, you die.

Ah, here comes my favorite. See the big white sphere? Not the skull you cur, the smaller one. That's made out of worms. Echinococcus combines best aspects of tapeworm and cancer, spreading around the body and making giant balls of worms wherever it lands. And since it uses blood to travel, it can land anywhere, brain, lungs, kidney, liver, you name it. If any of those cysts are breached, which can happen by say, falling, you die. Well, you die about 92% of the time. Echinococcus comes in several flavors, E. multilocularis makes many small cysts while E. granulosus makes one big one.

If there was a VN on parasites, this would take the childhood friend spot for sure, surely everyone is familiar with the giant intestinal roundworm. One quarter of the world population harbors them, they can be up to 50cm long, and when faced with something they don't like (not very fond of anesthetics or so I hear) instead of puffing out their cheeks or chiding you like Ayu or Nagamori would, they go ahead and emerge from your mouth. There are medical cases on that, where a woman feels something on the back of her throat one moment and vomits a giant worm the next. They're also so prolific that they can clog up your guts in a literal swarm of hundreds of worms, to the point it often becomes necessary cut up your intestines in two, remove the solid mass of worms and stitch it back together.

That's one childhood friend route I'm not going to take.

Anyhow I'm sleepy, I'll post more animals later.

Okay that's pretty creepy, but only because they're inside you. Worms aren't that scary otherwise.

Can you imagine if you had a fucking BEAR in your ballsack?

You can't, cause you'd be fucking DEAD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)