5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is it possible to RNG almost right when you begin your game? I'd really like to RNG an Oshawott, which will be my starter pokemon, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

If it is, would it have to be Non-C-Gear abuse? I'm not really sure if you get the C-Gear before or after you choose your starter, so.

Thanks in advance.

Is it possible to RNG almost right when you begin your game? I'd really like to RNG an Oshawott, which will be my starter pokemon, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

If it is, would it have to be Non-C-Gear abuse? I'm not really sure if you get the C-Gear before or after you choose your starter, so.

Thanks in advance.

It is most certainly possible as Bond has shown with his shiny HP electric 70 starters. And yes, it must be non C-gear because you don't obtain C-gear until after a bit of gameplay.

The method to which you would do this is described in the RNG research thread.

Hello here ^^. I'd like to ask a simple, yet perhaps stupid question:

When RNG Reporter 9.0 comes out, we will be able to hit seeds (in other words, beautiful spreads like 31/5/31/31/31/31) without the use of C-Gear Seeds, is that right ? We will be able to hit them just with a non-C-Gear process (tell me if I'm wrong about that).

So, what would be the benefit of using C-Gear seeds, more complexe to hit, instead of non-C-Gear ones, which only require a precision down to the second ?

Thanks by advance for your answer(s).

Hello here ^^. I'd like to ask a simple, yet perhaps stupid question:

When RNG Reporter 9.0 comes out, we will be able to hit seeds (in other words, beautiful spreads like 31/5/31/31/31/31) without the use of C-Gear Seeds, is that right ? We will be able to hit them just with a non-C-Gear process (tell me if I'm wrong about that).

So, what would be the benefit of using C-Gear seeds, more complexe to hit, instead of non-C-Gear ones, which only require a precision down to the second ?

Thanks by advance for your answer(s).
You are correct about RNG Reporter 9.

As for C-Gear vs. Non-C-Gear, you can't RNG abuse High-Link Pokémon (Dream World Pokes) with Non-C-Gear, as you need to turn on the C-Gear to enter High-Link. Other than that, there's no real benefit of doing C-Gear over Non-C-Gear. You may get the same IVs on a lower frame with C-Gear, but I don't think that matters too much.

Now, I recently learned that Pokéshifted Pokemon have a 50/50 chance of swapping abilities upon evolution, based on the PID. I have a Shellder I bred up in HG that I plan to Pokeshift once I get Black version, and evolve into Cloyster. Only reason I haven't already evolved it is because it needs to learn Razor Shell and Shell Break in the Shellder stage. See, it has Skill Link, as well as Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. And I do NOT want it to acquire Shell Armor when it becomes a Cloyster.

My question; Would someone be able to tell me whether or not my Shellder will swap abilities in Unova if I were to provide its PID for someone to check?

My Shellder's PID:

PID: 2758009054 [A463E0DE] | Created by Method 3 | Gender Number: 222 | Ability: 0
1 possibility

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now, I recently learned that Pokéshifted Pokemon have a 50/50 chance of swapping abilities upon evolution, based on the PID. I have a Shellder I bred up in HG that I plan to Pokeshift once I get Black version, and evolve into Cloyster. Only reason I haven't already evolved it is because it needs to learn Razor Shell and Shell Break in the Shellder stage. See, it has Skill Link, as well as Icicle Spear and Rock Blast. And I do NOT want it to acquire Shell Armor when it becomes a Cloyster.

My question; Would someone be able to tell me whether or not my Shellder will swap abilities in Unova if I were to provide its PID for someone to check?

My Shellder's PID:

PID: 2758009054 [A463E0DE] | Created by Method 3 | Gender Number: 222 | Ability: 0
1 possibility
1) That is not your Shellder's PID. You cannot find the PID of any bred Pokemon by entering the IVs into a program.

2) If you bred it in HG, it already has the appropriate ability for its PID.

1) That is not your Shellder's PID. You cannot find the PID of any bred Pokemon by entering the IVs into a program.

2) If you bred it in HG, it already has the appropriate ability for its PID.
1: Really? Did not know that. And the fact that whatever program I used gave me a result didn't exactly help.
2: So, wait. Are you telling me that because I bred it in HG, its ability will stay Skill Link if I Pokeshift it into Black, then evolve it into Cloyster? Because I had heard that the whole PID-determining-ability thing was redone for B/W, and that Pokeshifted Pokemon could change their abilities upon evolution. Was I misled? I got my information from

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3284284&postcount=1931

^this post.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1: Really? Did not know that. And the fact that whatever program I used gave me a result didn't exactly help.
2: So, wait. Are you telling me that because I bred it in HG, its ability will stay Skill Link if I Pokeshift it into Black, then evolve it into Cloyster? Because I had heard that the whole PID-determining-ability thing was redone for B/W, and that Pokeshifted Pokemon could change their abilities upon evolution. Was I misled? I got my information from

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3284284&postcount=1931

^this post.
If that's the case, that means PID no longer determines ability, and knowing the PID won't help you at all.

Good luck.

It is most certainly possible as Bond has shown with his shiny HP electric 70 starters. And yes, it must be non C-gear because you don't obtain C-gear until after a bit of gameplay.

Ok, thank you ^^

And, also, couple more things: On step 2 for the non-C-Gear seeds, where we have to find the value of the seeds so we know our Shiny Spreads (That's what it's for, right?), is there I guide to how to do that (For the AR one)? Because I have no idea how you convert it to "hex" or whatever it is :P

Is there an estimated time to when RNG Reporter 9.0 and the non-AR guide to finding the MTIVRNG values will be released?

Thanks in advance :D

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
If that's the case, that means PID no longer determines ability, and knowing the PID won't help you at all.
this is the case. PID doesn't seem to determine it. i've noted the same thing in tests. odd or even PID isn't then determining factor any more.

so will there be a guide on how to rng abuse for shinies and stationaries after rng reporter 9 comes?.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I think I've asked this question before IIRC, but for you guys who have tried...

Is there a way to abuse your ID no like in 4th Gen?
Is it possible?

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Here's a dilemna I'm currently having, and that what I call trying to RNG for a tornados with a jolly nature and a physical spread. I'm having no problem reaching frame 19 for 31/31/31/23/31/31 and oh I wish it was a flawless spread, but it seems I have now seen every other nature at least twice except for this jolly nature. I tried almost every pattern, and still no match after like over 100 attempts when hitting seed. If this continues after 30 more attempts, I will have to reluctantly try a different seed. Times like these I wish natures were more predictable.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
Here's a dilemna I'm currently having, and that what I call trying to RNG for a tornados with a jolly nature and a physical spread. I'm having no problem reaching frame 19 for 31/31/31/23/31/31 and oh I wish it was a flawless spread, but it seems I have now seen every other nature at least twice except for this jolly nature. I tried almost every pattern, and still no match after like over 100 attempts when hitting seed. If this continues after 30 more attempts, I will have to reluctantly try a different seed. Times like these I wish natures were more predictable.
Just try waiting longer before concluding the encounter with Tornados.

I think I've asked this question before IIRC, but for you guys who have tried...

Is there a way to abuse your ID no like in 4th Gen?
Is it possible?
Yep.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
I saw in Brag About My Pokemon that you already got yours, but at least in my experience going for a Modest Tornelos, I found something that helped me a whole lot. After saving inside the cabin, resetting to hit my seed, and advancing my IVs through walking, I would begin by not saving at all, and as soon as I started to walk out the door I would spam A like crazy, not stopping until Tornelos was gone and the weather cleared a bit. I would then capture (masterball), and check the IVs and nature, writing it down if I hit my seed (IVs). I would then repeat it, but save one time, and spam A like crazy till Tornelos was gone, then capture, and write the nature down if I hit my seed. Then 2 saves, then 3 saves, etc, etc. Until I ran into the nature I wanted. At least in my case, I had "acceptably consistent" natures when doing it this way. They would vary some times, but about 70% of the time, if I got say Timid with 5 saves, I would get Timid with 5 saves when I did it again (I tested that several times).

In the case of the Modest one, it took like 14 or so saves before I stumbled upon a Modest one. I could have just kept it, but I wanted it in a Dusk Ball. So I reset, and saved 14 (or whatever it was) times again and this time spent the time whittling it's health down and putting it to sleep. Sure enough, it was Modest again.

I know EE's already got his, but this might possibly help anybody else going after roamers.

I just noticed something strange about doryuuzu and it's "shaking patch," or whatever you may call it. Is the patch generated by the PID, time, or something else? (Most likely something else)
[HIDE="My way of making Doryuuzu appear]I made savestates to see the patch appear when I ran in Victory Road. One appears and it's an item. (Yay...) I made a savestate. Then I went to another room, and kept on repeating the process until I encountered it. For some stupid reason I didn't make a save state before this, so I though it will appear again because of the previous save state. Well that didn't work, because the patch appeared in the same room but a different spot. It's weird because I tried this over and over and sometimes Dory would appear.[/HIDE]

Well I just wanted to point this out to those who want to get their Doryuuzus. Also if anyone can figure out how it appears. :/

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
...I would spam A like crazy, not stopping until Tornelos was gone and the weather cleared a bit. I would then capture (masterball), and check the IVs and nature, writing it down if I hit my seed (IVs). I would then repeat it, but save one time, and spam A like crazy till Tornelos was gone, then capture, and write the nature down if I hit my seed. Then 2 saves, then 3 saves, etc, etc. Until I ran into the nature I wanted. At least in my case, I had "acceptably consistent" natures when doing it this way. They would vary some times, but about 70% of the time, if I got say Timid with 5 saves, I would get Timid with 5 saves when I did it again (I tested that several times).
We've seen this. It means it will definitely be possible to get a shiny roamer easily with ID\SID manipulation.

So, I just slightly glanced at this guide, so I might be jumping to conclusions, but does this mean that we will have to Abuse for our ID/SID combo to get certain HP types that we want?
ID\SID manipulation is only necessary for shininess.

I just noticed something strange about doryuuzu and it's "shaking patch," or whatever you may call it. Is the patch generated by the PID, time, or something else? (Most likely something else)
[HIDE="My way of making Doryuuzu appear]I made savestates to see the patch appear when I ran in Victory Road. One appears and it's an item. (Yay...) I made a savestate. Then I went to another room, and kept on repeating the process until I encountered it. For some stupid reason I didn't make a save state before this, so I though it will appear again because of the previous save state. Well that didn't work, because the patch appeared in the same room but a different spot. It's weird because I tried this over and over and sometimes Dory would appear.[/HIDE]

Well I just wanted to point this out to those who want to get their Doryuuzus. Also if anyone can figure out how it appears. :/
As I've said before when I abused my moguryuu. It took me two days because I get items like 80% of the time. It's really difficult even if you're using an emulator. You'll really have to try a lot of frames until it appears on a certain one.

ID\SID manipulation is only necessary for shininess.
Oh, ok. So, does that mean that if you manipulate your ID/SID, you can capture well IVd shiny pokemon in the wild, with different natures and IV spreads (i.e. I would really like to RNG a Naive Shiny Oshawott with HP Electric 70, but I'd also like to capture a Timid Joltik/Bachuru with HP Ice 70. Is that possible)?

I hope that makes sense. To put it in more simple words, is it possible to manipulate your ID/SID so you can capture shiny pokemon with many different IV spreads, instead of manipulating your ID/SID for just one shiny spread?

As I've said before when I abused my moguryuu. It took me two days because I get items like 80% of the time. It's really difficult even if you're using an emulator. You'll really have to try a lot of frames until it appears on a certain one.
I forgot about the frames. So it seems to appear a certain frames... interesting. Thanks for the response. I just went from room to room and surprisingly took 1-2 hours.

ID/SID abuse is 100% unnecessary in 5th gen. You can have any IVs with any nature shiny, regardless of your ID/SID. Abusing your ID/SID would just make the PID that's shiny be on an earlier frame so you can get it without advancing some 17,000 times.

Ah, I see. I misunderstood :P Thanks for clearing that up!

So, how fast is it to advance your frame this gen? I have problems keeping track of big numbers, so I hope that's not a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)