Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So, with ID/SID abuse, I need to hit 14 sec, and I got 11. Delay isn't much apart. How do I fix this?

(HG/SS)
What method would a Moltres be? Method 1?
Also, for Method 1, RNG Reporter isn't showing a delay. Does this mean I don't have to hit one? It lists a time, though.

How do I advance frames? A respected RNGer around here told me Irwin calls can do so, and I've seen from people Joey calls can. By how much do they advance them?

(HG/SS)
What method would a Moltres be? Method 1?
Also, for Method 1, RNG Reporter isn't showing a delay. Does this mean I don't have to hit one? It lists a time, though.

How do I advance frames? A respected RNGer around here told me Irwin calls can do so, and I've seen from people Joey calls can. By how much do they advance them?
Method K.

And you can use Elm Calls, Joey Calls, and the radio to advance frames. Or you can walk 128 steps with X Pokémon in your party, X being the number by which the frame would advance after 128 steps, but the phone and radio are more efficient.

Elm Calls advance the frame by 1, Joey, on all days except Monday, by 2.
Radio is a bit different, Pokémon Talk, the upper right channel, advances the frame by 13-14 frames, and Silver Drama, the lower right channel advances the frame by one.

Use Elm Calls to confirm seed, then use Joey or the radio a bit, then confirm on what frame you are with Elm, if you need to advance more, rinse and repeat, if close, keep calling Elm until you are 1 off your target.

Do the following in PokeRNGDP.
Press enter to leave nature blank.
For search for shiny spreads type "y" and press enter.
Enter ID and press enter.
Enter SID and press enter.
Press enter to leave Hidden Power blank.
For search for exact Ivs type "n" and press enter.
Enter your desired minimum IV. (If you want 25 plus in every IV type "25" and press enter for each IV)
Enter minimum and maximum delay. (HG/SS I would say 490-1390)
The results will be on a text file created automatically with the name "Spreads" and it will be in the same folder as PokeRNGDP

Hello, I have a question about DPPt.
In mingot's "DPP RNG Manipulation Guide Part 4" it says:
The basic rule of thumb is that all Pokémon are generated with Method J, except for the runners, which are generated by Method 1.
However in X-Act's article on the process of PID and IV creation of non-bred Pokemon it says:
Method 1 is also used for some RSEFRLG wild Pokemon and for all Diamond and Pearl Pokemon, whether they are wild or not.
So, who is correct? Are regular wild Pokemon in D/P/Pt generated using Method 1 or Method J?

Hello, I have a question about DPPt.
In mingot's "DPP RNG Manipulation Guide Part 4" it says:
However in X-Act's article on the process of PID and IV creation of non-bred Pokemon it says:
So, who is correct? Are regular wild Pokemon in D/P/Pt generated using Method 1 or Method J?
Method J. The only Method 1 Pokémon are Fossil Pokémon, Veilstone City's Porygon, Riley's Riolu Egg, Bebe's Eevee, Cresselia, Mesprit, Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres.

Method K.

And you can use Elm Calls, Joey Calls, and the radio to advance frames. Or you can walk 128 steps with X Pokémon in your party, X being the number by which the frame would advance after 128 steps, but the phone and radio are more efficient.

Elm Calls advance the frame by 1, Joey, on all days except Monday, by 2.
Radio is a bit different, Pokémon Talk, the upper right channel, advances the frame by 13-14 frames, and Silver Drama, the lower right channel advances the frame by one.

Use Elm Calls to confirm seed, then use Joey or the radio a bit, then confirm on what frame you are with Elm, if you need to advance more, rinse and repeat, if close, keep calling Elm until you are 1 off your target.
Method K? Eep. PokeRNG didn't give me anything nice with that.
Wait:
PID: 45eefcf6 (BOLD, ability 0) 31/14/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 1f030201 Method 1: 508, J (synch): 495, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 493, K (no synch): None) HP DRAGON 70

Synch would mean, for Method K, I need a Synchronizer? If so, no biggie. I would like some explanation here. Where are the delays? I'm pretty sure the 493 is the frame.

Method K? Eep. PokeRNG didn't give me anything nice with that.
Wait:
PID: 45eefcf6 (BOLD, ability 0) 31/14/31/31/31/31 (Seed: 1f030201 Method 1: 508, J (synch): 495, J (no synch): None, K (synch): 493, K (no synch): None) HP DRAGON 70

Synch would mean, for Method K, I need a Synchronizer? If so, no biggie. I would like some explanation here. Where are the delays? I'm pretty sure the 493 is the frame.
Enter the seed in the Seed to Time function of RNG Reporter. There you'll get your target time and target delay. And yes, for that specific seed you need a synchronizer, and the IVs are on frame 493.

It's listing a lot of times in Seed to Time. How do I know which one I need to hit?
You need to choose one. All of them have a specific Date listed. Choose one of the times, set your Date and Time, put the Calibrated Delay, Calibrated Seconds, Wanted Delay, and Wanted Seconds in a timer, and the timer will give you a "Minutes before Target" of 0,1 or 2. This means that you must subtract the number of minutes stated from your target time, and then press A to confirm the time and press start on your timer at the same time.

After the timer has ended, you should be ingame and standing in front of the Pokémon you want to RNG. Then open the Pokégear and call Elm 9 times to determine which delay you hit. If it isn't the delay you want, go to your timer and enter the delay you hit in the "Other Delay" window.

Rinse and repeat until you hit the right delay, advance the frame, encounter the Pokémon, catch it, and check IVs, if IVs are correct, SUCCESS! If not, look for the frame you hit with IVs, and you'll see how far you were off.

EDIT: Ninja'd

As with every legend, you save in front of them before talking to them. As soon as Cresselia starts roaming is when it's IVs/Nature etc are decided.

I have a few more questions.

How many frames does it advance the frames when talking to cresselia in order to roam?

Do I also need mesprit to roam with cresselia to advance the frame as well?

Since Cresselia has a Monster Frame of 5 you should Substract those frames when advancing your frame :)

EDIT: I'd recommend you to first RNG for Cresselia then Mesprit so it doesn't mess up your frame since having both will advance your frame, or just faint one and catch the other!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)