The Horrifically Bad Movie Challenge + Discussion

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
hahaha are you kidding, shoot em up was so fun and ridiculous

i mean, clive owen chewed through an umbilical cord

come on

what about raymond blows the milkman

the best part was when the milkman took off his pants and started yelling "IM A PUMPKIN ON STEROIDS"

oh the humor with family comedies

I actually I would argue that Rotten Tomatoes holds infinitely more weight than the Oscars, whereas Rotten Tomatoes is actually based on community consensus, the Oscars basically boils down to which studio can run the best publicity campaign and which film's theme is "Oscar-appropriate"

But I digress, my point is that there is no way you can put House of Flying Daggers and Babe on the same list as Meet the Spartans
I don't know, I think that the Academy and their thinking is definitely dated, but on the flip side... tons of people loved Transformers 2.

Oh, there's another shitty movie for this thread. Transformers 2.

Just remembered a horrific fail of a movie. The Wicker Man. Not the original, that's fine. But the newer one with Nicolas Cage. IT WAS AWEFUL. And the worst bit is that it actually promises something about half way through. Then it just gets sad. It's one of those cases where you really shouldn't make it historically accurate. He should have escaped. Oh wait. I just ruined the plot twist.

High Society and Citizen Kane. Don't start saying 'Citizen Kane was the beginning of symbolism and revolutionising filmic techniques!' because this is true. The story, however, is utterly awful, and Orson Welles quite frankly looks like an overweight toad. The characters are not endearing or at least polarising, just bland and boring. Studying this film was like watching dead grass grow. I can't get over it: I nominate it as one of My Top 10 Worst Movies ever. High Society is bad even for an old-fashioned film: it's not THAT awful but it sure is a drag to watch. Date Movie/Night (the one where a fat hairy lady gets turned pretty) is absolutely awful, too. Plus most preschool children's movies.

High Society and Citizen Kane. Don't start saying 'Citizen Kane was the beginning of symbolism and revolutionising filmic techniques!' because this is true. The story, however, is utterly awful, and Orson Welles quite frankly looks like an overweight toad. The characters are not endearing or at least polarising, just bland and boring. Studying this film was like watching dead grass grow. I can't get over it: I nominate it as one of My Top 10 Worst Movies ever. High Society is bad even for an old-fashioned film: it's not THAT awful but it sure is a drag to watch. Date Movie/Night (the one where a fat hairy lady gets turned pretty) is absolutely awful, too. Plus most preschool children's movies.
Wow are you kidding me, Citizen Kane is, by many people, believed to be one of the greatest if not the greatest movie in the history. Now don't get me wrong, if you didn't like the movie, you didn't like it, nothing wrong with that, but suggesting it in Horrifically Bad Movies thread is just plain stupid.

Meet the Spartans had so many scenes where you was "suppose" to laugh but you didn't and that is what made the movie horrible.

and Orson Welles quite frankly looks like an overweight toad.

What?

http://danielmlehman.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/orson-welles_citizen-kane.jpg

The guy is a little chunky maybe, and sure, he looks pretty fat by the end of the film -- but an overweight toad? That's just mean. And false, really :|

I won't argue that watching Kane is about as fun and serves the same purpose as reading a textbook, but it definitely does not deserve to be in this thread. An awful story? By what standard? Transformers has an awful story. Citizen Kane does not have an awful story. Dated maybe, but that's where you have to shed some of your biases.

Shall we discuss Skyline anybody, and Battle LA while we're at it, because Sony sued the Skyline makers, so that means that the movies are gunna be the exact same.

Epic movie.
It was really un-epic.
It was funny in parts but really uninspired and definetely not as good as other movie parody thingos.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'd have to say blue crush is the worst movie ever

it legitimately has absolutely zero redeeming qualities. i'm pretty sure it's the only movie i've ever watched where i immediately wished i could get back the time i spent watching it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)