Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

I found a Panpour in shaking grass in the Pinwheel Forest... I didn't even know that you could find them in the wild lol

Ideas for a Battle Subway team that's starting out without Choice items, Focus Sash, Life Orb, and anything else that's only found in the Battle Subway?

I basically need to grind around 1000 BP to get everything that I want >.<
Dragon Dance Haxorus or Butterfly Dance Volcarona both do very well. Standard Bulk Up Conkeldurr with Drain Punch would also work very well. Finally a Sigilyph is great with Magic Guard and Roost, Air Slash, Ice Beam and Psychic/Psycho Shock.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Ooh, I like that team. Time to get cracking, once I play through US-version Black (now that I've finished White).

breh

強いだね
Dragon Dance Haxorus or Butterfly Dance Volcarona both do very well. Standard Bulk Up Conkeldurr with Drain Punch would also work very well. Finally a Sigilyph is great with Magic Guard and Roost, Air Slash, Ice Beam and Psychic/Psycho Shock.
I'm sorry but do you really have enough patience to train it from level 1

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I'm sorry but do you really have enough patience to train it from level 1
There's a lv70 Volcarona lying around somewhere, and I believe the game levels it down to 50 in the Subway.

If it doesn't, then there's always the Audino in Giant Chasm. A lv1 Larvesta holding a Lucky Egg being babied by a higher-level pokémon would get... 49726 EXP from a lv50 Audino? Well that's a shitload, and would skyrocket you to level... 34? Guess so.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There's a lv70 lying around somewhere, and I believe the game levels it down to 50 in the Subway.

If it doesn't, then there's always the Audino in Great Hole/Hall.
It forces level 50, yes. And you can train a Pokémon to level 40 or so in like 5 minutes thanks to the new XP system. Slows down a lot after that, though, as you start catching up to the wild Pokémon.

Okay. So I'm at the E-4 with
~Samurott (Ottomic)
~Warubiaru(Geomania)
~Roobushin(Kronk)
~Sigilyph(Maseca)
~Zebstrika(Marty)
~Stoutland(Chewey)

all at level 46. What's a good level range to train for for a good chance of beating the E-4 plus N and Ghetsis? I fought them once and was destroyed by the fighting member(as a side note, the E-4 is definetley "smarter" than previous generations).

Edit:Hmmm...where would you find the TM for Ice Beam?

Frost Breath is pretty good for Caitlin when her mons CM.

Grinding on Route 10 Audino now, my Samurott first. I think I'm going to use Celebi in the League because I need a good Water counter, and I boxed my Lilligant for Haxorus a while ago.

Well, my Darmanitan, Samurott, and Vanilluxe are bad vs. Jellicent, so I need something that just can hit hard in general too.

Mainly because Thingy the Sigilyph hasn't been trained as well and is my Flier anyway.

YES! Successful EV train before the final gym! :3

The lady was all:

"Your Ferroseed..."

">_>;;;"

"put in a great effort!"

And for the first time in my LIFE. I made this face WITHOUT trying:

Finally caught a Magic Guard Sigilyph... and of course it's Adamant. D'oh!
Lol, that's what happened to me! I didn't find Sig very helpful ingame, in terms of winning, my winners were Samurott (best starter in my opinion), Arken the Prehistoric bird evolution, Excadrill, Darmanitan, and Cobalion (and Zekrom at the end and Zekrom is freaking awesome as well).

I am surprised people don't use Cobalion, he already came at a pretty high level with good moves and totally helped me win Gym 7 and 8 along with my Blizzard using Samurott. Although my Cobal has a good nature (Jolly), don't know about IVs. Cobalion has good typing, speed, moves, Swords Dance/Cheer Up, goes through Defense boosts if you see any with Sacred Sword, and just looks cool.

Ah, now I follow. However, I haven't seen any evolution stones yet. (Though I'm only at the Desert Resort, but my team is all around 25).
In the first port area of Castelia, one of the guys there gives you an evolution stone specifically for the monkey you get iirc.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
You can also find them in swirling dust clouds, and I seem to remember finding some kind of evolution stone in the desert.

I think most people aren't using Cobalion because it's just too easy, not to mention you get it pretty late.
Using Darmanitan, Arken, Excadrill, etc aren't (pretty much Gods in story mode) easy? I only got my Excadrill in Victory Road, way after my Cobalion when going to the Elite 4 and it still kicked butt, especially against the Psychic gym who just smashed with Swords Dance X-Scissor/Earthquake. My biggest trouble was the fighting Elite because I have nothing against fighters pretty much and if Arken doesn't kill them, they kill him (how the heck did Throh freaking survive Acrobat?) and Sturdy Sawk irritated. Not as irritating though as the 4th gym earlier (evilest gym in entire game).

I think it's awesome how all the new Hidden Abilities that you can get in the Dream World will change all of the old strategies! Alakazam with friggin' MAGIC GUARD?! Holy raging Hobbit boners, that's some mindfuck for ya!

I'm so happy I finally got it!

I have a question about Victini, what's the best way to use it in game? I caught 2 Munna in the dreamyard with synchronize, 1 is modest and 1 is jolly so I was wondering which I should use when catching Victini.

It learns a lot of physical moves by leveling up, but it has a really good special movepool too. Also V-create is physical, but this one from the Liberty Pass can't learn that, right?

No, Victini currently has no access to V-Generate. I'd suggest Modest for Victini because while it has a more quickly available physical movepool once it gets access to its signature move, Psychic, Focus Blast etc. it can completely destroy all opposition. Adamant would be good too.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Does Repel not work in Wellspring Cave or something? Because I used one to try to get a Drillbur faster, but I was still getting normal encounters. I saw the effect wore off message after several encounters, so I know I didn't just screw something up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)