1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. pimpgangster

pimpgangster

I used Jelli/Emboar~Reshi/Lilligant as my FWG core and it performed admirably
  2. HiddenDragon72

HiddenDragon72

i like the idea of battling more trainers in City. You get your money's worth or at least in game wise. i do wish there were more three on three but rotations not bad, and going up against Shaga's not bad
  3. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

ugh. This is random.

So I managed to get an AR and decided to check the IVs of all my Pokemon for the hell of it.

Turns out, I have random shit including a Drifblim with max SpD and Spe IVs(fucking encounters, how do they work?), a numerous amount of Pinecos with 0 Atk IVs(fuck breeding), and a Panpour with max Attack, Speed and a Jolly nature... would be awesome if physical Simipour wasn't a joke. >.>
  4. guanlong

guanlong

Then again, if you so wanted good IV-ed Pokemon, you could pick up RNG-ing, as it's apparently easier now. I'm going to learn in December (fuck school)... However, if you don't care about legitimacy, use Pokegen; it's incredibly handy to hack flawless EV-ed Pokemon for stuff like Battle Subway.

It's not like you wifi trade anyway!
  5. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

I don't RNG for specific reasons

1. Laziness
    2. I can't find my SID because I don't have a shiny
    3. Laziness again
    4. Top secret reason that'd prolly kill me

Although yeah. I do have an awesome Simipour in there, might want to actually make a physical set lol

Simipour @ Flight Gem
    4 HP/252 ATK/252 SPE
    Jolly
    Gluttony

Acrobatics
    Work Up
    Waterfall
    Crunch

yeah shit set but hopefully SHOULD be fine.
  6. yaya0

yaya0

Why do we have two threads for this anyway?
  7. CanadiEntei

CanadiEntei

What is the 'ratio' of getting a hatch from a DW female having a DW ability? Are the chances low-ish ?

In-game talk thread?
    Tier talk thread?

There is a second in-game discussion?
  8. .I Wish You Well.

.I Wish You Well.

I've decided to start a new Pokemon White save file, this time i chose Oshawott unlike the other save in which i picked tepig. By the way, Emboar was the worse fire type starting I've ever used, disgusting. I named my Oshawott Ryujin and i currently have a clear plan of what my team is going to be.

Oshawott
    Haxorus
    Semisear / Chandelure
    Rankurusu
    Krookodile
    Liligant

Team might change depending on how i feel.
  9. ungulateman

ungulateman

Darmanitan is a requirement for in-game teams basically. Chandelure doesn't turn up until far too late and Simisear is so bad it's not even funny.

The rest of your team looks fine. Try and get a Mold Breaker Haxorus, because Rivalry is a dick.
  10. skitz0phrenic

skitz0phrenic

Why does everyone fear Ghetsis' Hydreigon? Meinshao generally outspeeds and OHKO's it with HJK. Hell, Meinshao basically destroys Ghetsis by itself bar his lead Cofagrigus. You can get Meinfoo at level 41 right there at Victory Road, and then it's just a miniscule amount of grinding til HJK destruction.

Now that I think of it, Meinshao absolutely destroys N as well. Amazing late-game'ish Pokemon imo.
  11. pimpgangster

pimpgangster

Not really, Chandy comes at a pretty good time it's just that you have to grind as a Litwick for most of the game
  12. Redtype

Redtype

Not really a problem, since SID isn't needed to RNG perfect mons at all.

To keep this post on topic, I just beaten Subway Boss on Super Singles Train. I used a cookie-cutter team of Rotom-W/TTar/Chomp and it worked (un)surprisingly well. I plan to win a least 100 battles to get a star on my trainer card.

What is in people's opinion the best starte in-game? I used Samurott in my White run, and it was a complete shit. Serperior in Black was a bit better, although the lack of decent coverage options other than Return and Dragon Tail hurt it somewhat. Still it was leagues ahead of Wotter IME.
  13. Lickitungyourmom

Lickitungyourmom

Chandelure is useable in game :) I agree it is fun using a team of 5 or 6 pokemon to finish the game, but in reality it makes the game far easier and faster if you only use 2.
    Just use starter + haxorus or starter + chandelure or something like that and its really easy.
    Just buy a few full restores and you're on your way.
    My first play through i leveled a balanced team of 6 pokemon and found the elite four quite difficult; on my second play through i just caught and raised a lonely haxorus as soon as i got surf and proceeded to plow everyone and plow the eite four with a level 70 haxorus with sword dance.
    Lv 75 pokemon > 6 level 50 pokemon, enough said
  14. PokéMontage

PokéMontage

^That's severely overleveled. I mean, exactly how long did it take you to get it to Level 75? I'm sure by that time most other people would have made it through the Elite 4 already despite the larger, weaker team.
  15. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers The mega, the fairy, the genie — who lives and who dies?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

40%. 0% if one of the parents is a Ditto (ANY Ditto).
  16. Chidori

Chidori

dead chat i guess
  17. ThatBTard

ThatBTard

Can anyone tell me which would be a better choice for a team ingame?, Sandile or Scraggy
  18. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

Scraggy, definitely. Better typing and learns good moves fast.
  19. ThatBTard

ThatBTard

Thanks I was thinking that too, just wanted to be sure bout it
  20. Hemp Man

Hemp Man

Get Scraggy with Moxie instead of Shed Skin, its much more useful against the E4.
  21. Antihaxxer

Antihaxxer

Sandile is more better, because he's faster than Scraggy and has good stab and large movepool.
    Scraggy doesn't learn Intimidate, he's slow, have to rely on HJK (bad move in non competitive environment)
  22. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

lolwut
    hi jump kick's base power is so beastly why would it be bad
    i mean 130BP/90acc STAB off 90 Atk? yes pls

also scraggy arguably has better starting moves (it alrdy has stab faint attack and you can teach it rock smash, brick break comes a few levels later and then so does payback), benefits a lot more from eviolite, and rapes plasma every day.

on the other hand sandile's only real advantage is beating elesa (which blitzle does as well, comes earlier, etc) and his starting moves are shit

its kinda obvious who is better
  23. Hemp Man

Hemp Man

He does in Dream World, but that is irrelevant in game. What I meant was get Moxie over Shed Skin. Apologizes on my behalf.

I'd also say Sandile does better against Skyla.
  24. Cobraroll

Cobraroll
    is a Community Contributor

Moxie Krookodile walks all over most multi-Poké trainers in the game. KO something, then proceed to rip the rest of the team to shreds with increasingly stronger attacks. Slap an Expert Belt on him for extra fun.
    Krookodile also has quite a nifty movepool, the star of which being STAB Earthquake. Things like Crunch, Brick Break and Stone Edge are also available, as is Outrage if you're willing to risk confusion.
  25. Gokuzbu

Gokuzbu

Stoutland is an excellent pokemon for in-game. It is decently bulky, and it has a great ability in Intimidate. I destroyed the gyms with him.

I don't recommend Simisage however, by the last few gyms it becomes dead weight, Emboar sort of did too IMO with its crap movepool.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)