1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Admiralsilv

Admiralsilv

I didn't use Serperior in-game myself, but I cringed watching others use it. Up until it learned leaf blade, Serperior was nearly useless.
  2. Scomaru

Scomaru

Pleases rate this team
    Serperior 60
    Quirky Nature Miracle Seed
    Aerial Ace
    Giga drain
    leaf blade
    toxic

Emboar 61
    Timid Nature Quick claw
    Stone Edge
    Hammer Arm
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower

Samurott 59
    Timid Nature mystic water
    Slash
    Surf
    Aerial Ace
    Dig

Galvantula 60
    Brave Nature Magnet
    Thunder bolt
    Electro web
    bug buzz
    slash

Unfezant 48
    Sassy Nature Exp Share (Rock helmet or Float Stone) for later
    Air Slash
    Steel wing
    Fly
    Detect

Krookodile 59
    Relaxed Nature soft sand
    Grass knot
    Slugde bomb
    Crunch
    Earthquake
  3. Skorpius47

Skorpius47

I actually don't like Serperior, but I know it's not so abysmally horrible and unusable like everyone seems to complain about. I couldn't use Petilil or Maractus because they died too quickly. I tried. I really did. Dunno, maybe I suck at using good Pokemon and good at using sucky Pokemon?

Also, why so serious? There's no reason to snap out like you did here.
  4. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

Petlil evolves into a fairly sturdy Pokemon which becomes even more sturdy with Quiver Dance. I can't understand how it would die quickly.
  5. Bombkirby

Bombkirby

Get rid of Sludge Bomb and Grass Knot now. It has horrid Special Attack. You might as well use a Magickarp if you wanna give it Special Moves as the two would do similar damage. (Okay I'm exaggerating but I hope you get the point.) Crunch and Earthquake are great for it. Keep em.
  6. .I Wish You Well.

.I Wish You Well.

Alright, so, i finally got Pokemon White, took me long enough!

I have 5 Badges and i just got done climbing the celestial tower, this game is awesome with a very interesting storyline.

My Team

Emboar Level 38
    Sigilyph Level 36
    Sawsbuck Level 39

I just fell in love with Sawsbuck, i attached a lucky egg on him, that's why he's leveling so damn fast. Yea, i was considering adding another pokemon, i hate training 6 Pokemon, i usually stick with 3-4, but i might add one more, hopefully i see some more interesting Pokemon during my journey.

Can't wait to ev/iv train lol.

After i'm done with B/W i'm going to start playing HG, which i never played yet, haha.
  7. breh

breh ⁰ ゝ⁰
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Tiering Contributor

HG was fun but that's for another topic.

also, I take it you did not use the monkey? I hope I'm not the only person stubborn enough to grind their Tepig to a Pignite.
  8. pimpgangster

pimpgangster

what is a better in game psychic?

Reuniclus or Sigilyph??
  9. .I Wish You Well.

.I Wish You Well.

They're both good, i'd say Sigilyph early game, i have yet to try Reuniclus, so yea. Sigilyph is a beast
  10. .I Wish You Well.

.I Wish You Well.

What monkey? The three monkey dudes (Water, Fire, Grass)Nah, i didn't use the Grass one, i wasn't really feeling him so i dumped him in the PC. Also, my Pignite evolved before i faced the first gym, so yea. I was using other Pokemon along the way, like throh, but i dumped him in the pc because it felt weird having two fighting types on the same team, i want to be diverse.
  11. Skorpius47

Skorpius47

Petilil doesn't automatically start off as a Lilligant with Quiver Dance. Petilil is a chore to level, and the payoff, to me, is too late for too little. It also didn't jive with my team* at the time and I ended up ditching it for a Joltik/Galvantula.

* Samurott / Conkeldurr / Darmanitan / Galvantula / Golurk / Braviary

@.I Wish You Well.
    Sawsbuck is very awesome. I didn't think I'd like it, but it started working out very well. Non-STAB Jump Kick did wonders and became its main attack (with Take Down) until Horn Leech. Sats aren't what I'd like them to be, but the movepool is delicious.
  12. Arcticblast

Arcticblast (im)patiently waiting for SPL
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

And Snivy doesn't start as a Serperior with Coil and Leaf Blade. It's a chore to level up, yes, but my brother who picked Snivy said the same about it.
  13. Dracolosse

Dracolosse

Serperior is the bulkiest thaugh, and leech seeding a taugh opponent really helps in bringing it down. Lilligant is significantly frailer, it just depends on your style of play. I love being bulky, and stalling, especially in-game.

Speaking of stalling , I think I'll go through the game again with a mini-stall team by trading level ~ 10 Pokemons from Black right after the first Gym. I'm thinking of Gligar, Skarmory, Skorupi (for Toxic Spikes), and I'll take Snivy and catch a Frillish. No overkill moves like Brave Bird or EQ so early in the game, obviously. What do you guys think?
  14. Mario With Lasers

Mario With Lasers Self-proclaimed DEAD king
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Boring.
  15. AuraSphere

AuraSphere

Just go overkill, right?
  16. .I Wish You Well.

.I Wish You Well.

Alright, update!

I played about 6 hours straight, what hapens when you play a Pokemon game you haven't played before. I beat the Elite 4 and i'm ready to face the champion. Team.

Emboar Level 48
    Seismitoad Level 48
    Sawsbuck Level 49
    Sigilyph Level 53

So yea, i ended up getting a Seismitoad, which is a beast, haha. Once Sigilyph learn Psychic, it's such a MONSTER offensively.

I moved forward, faced Z, or whatever his name is, and lost to his Rock/Flying Pokemon, even my Zekrom died :(. Anyway, i fainted and i couldn't find the place anymore, so i just turned off my DS from frustration so i have to catch Zekrom all over again...with an Ultra ball because i don't want to use my Master ball.

Update later.
  17. MMX

MMX

where is the IV checker guy?
  18. tomtom5858

tomtom5858

Battle Subway in Nimbasa
  19. TonyT

TonyT

Gigalith was my favorite In Game Pokemon. That thing was a one pokemon wrecking ball. It swept The E4, N, Ghetsis all by itself pretty much. I love that thing. (:
  20. .I Wish You Well.

.I Wish You Well.

Anyone know if i die from facing Z in the Elite 4 tower, how do i go back to that place to face him? I tried to fly to it with my pokemon but it won't let me, and when i try to go back and face the Elite 4, it won't let me
  21. spweasel

spweasel

Talk to the Plasma Grunt in the League's Pokemon Center.
  22. .I Wish You Well.

.I Wish You Well.

Thanks buddy, i appriciate it.
  23. TonyT

TonyT

There is probably a forum for this, but I'm too lazy to look quite frankly.

So anyway, what was yall's Favorite Pokemon In-Game, This Gen?

Solely based on Being In-Game Pokemon that I used In Game, I would say Gigalith is my favorite and Krookodile is my very close Second Favorite.
  24. .I Wish You Well.

.I Wish You Well.

I fell in love with sawsbuck, it's my favorite pokemon.
  25. TonyT

TonyT

Sawsbuck, is the VASTLY improved version of Stantler. I like how they did it. Nice moves, Good Stats. Moveset is pretty diverse. I LOVE how it differs with the Seasons! Now that was neat to have added into the game. There haven't even been many pokemon who have changed based on region so far in the Series. (Only Shellos and Gastrodon come into mind) That was a really nice touch.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)