Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Petlil evolves into a fairly sturdy Pokemon which becomes even more sturdy with Quiver Dance. I can't understand how it would die quickly.
Petilil doesn't automatically start off as a Lilligant with Quiver Dance. Petilil is a chore to level, and the payoff, to me, is too late for too little. It also didn't jive with my team* at the time and I ended up ditching it for a Joltik/Galvantula.

* Samurott / Conkeldurr / Darmanitan / Galvantula / Golurk / Braviary

@.I Wish You Well.
Sawsbuck is very awesome. I didn't think I'd like it, but it started working out very well. Non-STAB Jump Kick did wonders and became its main attack (with Take Down) until Horn Leech. Sats aren't what I'd like them to be, but the movepool is delicious.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
And Snivy doesn't start as a Serperior with Coil and Leaf Blade. It's a chore to level up, yes, but my brother who picked Snivy said the same about it.

Serperior is the bulkiest thaugh, and leech seeding a taugh opponent really helps in bringing it down. Lilligant is significantly frailer, it just depends on your style of play. I love being bulky, and stalling, especially in-game.

Speaking of stalling , I think I'll go through the game again with a mini-stall team by trading level ~ 10 Pokemons from Black right after the first Gym. I'm thinking of Gligar, Skarmory, Skorupi (for Toxic Spikes), and I'll take Snivy and catch a Frillish. No overkill moves like Brave Bird or EQ so early in the game, obviously. What do you guys think?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Speaking of stalling , I think I'll go through the game again with a mini-stall team by trading level ~ 10 Pokemons from Black right after the first Gym. I'm thinking of Gligar, Skarmory, Skorupi (for Toxic Spikes), and I'll take Snivy and catch a Frillish. No overkill moves like Brave Bird or EQ so early in the game, obviously. What do you guys think?
Boring.

Alright, update!

I played about 6 hours straight, what hapens when you play a Pokemon game you haven't played before. I beat the Elite 4 and i'm ready to face the champion. Team.

Emboar Level 48
Seismitoad Level 48
Sawsbuck Level 49
Sigilyph Level 53

So yea, i ended up getting a Seismitoad, which is a beast, haha. Once Sigilyph learn Psychic, it's such a MONSTER offensively.

I moved forward, faced Z, or whatever his name is, and lost to his Rock/Flying Pokemon, even my Zekrom died :(. Anyway, i fainted and i couldn't find the place anymore, so i just turned off my DS from frustration so i have to catch Zekrom all over again...with an Ultra ball because i don't want to use my Master ball.

Update later.

Gigalith was my favorite In Game Pokemon. That thing was a one pokemon wrecking ball. It swept The E4, N, Ghetsis all by itself pretty much. I love that thing. (:

Anyone know if i die from facing Z in the Elite 4 tower, how do i go back to that place to face him? I tried to fly to it with my pokemon but it won't let me, and when i try to go back and face the Elite 4, it won't let me

There is probably a forum for this, but I'm too lazy to look quite frankly.

So anyway, what was yall's Favorite Pokemon In-Game, This Gen?

Solely based on Being In-Game Pokemon that I used In Game, I would say Gigalith is my favorite and Krookodile is my very close Second Favorite.

Sawsbuck, is the VASTLY improved version of Stantler. I like how they did it. Nice moves, Good Stats. Moveset is pretty diverse. I LOVE how it differs with the Seasons! Now that was neat to have added into the game. There haven't even been many pokemon who have changed based on region so far in the Series. (Only Shellos and Gastrodon come into mind) That was a really nice touch.

I don't dislike Stantler. He was good in game and he kicks butt in UU and a little bit in higher tiers. He is underappreciated. His DW ability helps his case too.

Swobat is my favorite pokemon. And you're right, Sawsbuck could be the 5th gen version of Stantler, only better.

I liked the storyline of this generation. It's the best. What are your favorite Pokemon regions from most liked to least liked? This is mine:
Unova
Hoenn
Kanto
Johto
Sinnoh
Notice how every region has the letter "o" in them.

Petilil doesn't automatically start off as a Lilligant with Quiver Dance. Petilil is a chore to level, and the payoff, to me, is too late for too little. It also didn't jive with my team* at the time and I ended up ditching it for a Joltik/Galvantula. .
Petilil's not hard to level, sure it's not much use in the gym but there's other trainers all over Castelia and a desert full of Sandile on the far side of it.

So anyway, what was yall's Favorite Pokemon In-Game, This Gen?
My favorite in-game pokemon was archeops. It looks awesome, learns fly and is an absolute monster in-game. It's actually way too good.

Sucks that its ability kills its competitive usefulness though. I would have loved to take my in-game archeops into battle.

Favourite in-game was probably Galvantula. Good speed, good attacks, nice accuracy boosts, good offense, decent coverage, good defensive typings, if a bit frail. But what's better was its utility - Volt Switch, Thunder Wave, Spider Web, Thief+Compound Eyes. Whereas a ton of other pokemon had noticeable let downs, Galvantula was a pleasure to use. Electric Spider = awesome, great design, great pre-evolution and it the Quick Ball was almost tailor made for it. I liked it when it was first seen in pre-release videos, and it did not dissapoint.

Sleeper hit for me was Jellicent, and I really enjoyed using Chandelure and Reuinclus too.

My party is:

Emboar
Excadrill
Galvantula
Archeops
Lilligant
Liepard

What do you guys think? Are Hydreigon/Krookodile good pokes for in-game?

My favorite in-game pokemon was archeops. It looks awesome, learns fly and is an absolute monster in-game. It's actually way too good.

Sucks that its ability kills its competitive usefulness though. I would have loved to take my in-game archeops into battle.
Well, actually, Archeops is pretty damn good competitively, if you can neutralize your opponent's priority users.

Oh, favorite ingame pokemon? Hm... That's a hard toss up between Audino and Archeops. Both of them were A level, no pun intended. Even though my Audino had a special attack- nature, meaning I couldn't abuse it's freaking stupid movepool, it was pretty scary with what it did have. 2HKOed pretty much everything, OHKOed a good amount of things, and was only, like, 4/5HKOed back. Meanwhile, Archeops just OHKOed everything that didn't resist flying/have sturdy/was stupidly defensive. On the flip side... if something did survive their attack and struck back, he couldn't do much past finish off his target before he desperately needed healing.

EDIT:
What do you guys think? Are Hydreigon/Krookodile good pokes for in-game?
For Hydreigon, I would have to say... no. Likely won't evolve into it's last stage until after you beat the E4, and before that... it's rather underwhelming.

My favorite in-game would have to be Lilligant. I have Black version, so I got the traded one. Losing Own Tempo isn't such a big deal when you level up so easily and have a predetermined Modest nature. I honestly think she could handle most things in the game since Sleep Powder + Giga Drain meant she never died. Plus, I just love Quiver Dance. It's such a sexy move.

Archeops and Galvantula are tied for second.

Favourite in-game was probably Galvantula.
Same here. Galvantula is just all kinds of badass. Funky typing, great visual design, wonderful ability. Despite a fairly shallow movepool, it has enough tools to use to not be completely boring. I want to catch a really nice Joltik in a Quick Ball for matching colors.

Runners-up:
Darmanitan
Sawsbuck
Golurk
Braviary
Escavalier
Carracosta

@ Arcticblast
I think you misunderstood. Petlil doesn't have anything over Snivy except SpAtk. But that stat isn't being utilized. The speed difference is huge, though, and Snivy's movepool is marginally better at equal levels. It's not until Lillgant gets Quiver Dance that people are saying there's more potential. But what attack are you going to use? Petilil gets Giga Drain at 28, so you're going to wait until then to evolve it? So you've stuck with an extremely weak Pokemon until the 4th Badge? That's not very effecient in-game. Snivy does just as well, if not better than, Petilil until it evolves into Servine. Then it performs just fine at that point with Growth and Leaf Tornado without the trouble.

But, as I've said before, and is painfully obvious to some, it's a matter of preference. In response to Hyper Cutter, Petilil didn't settle well with me and I didn't like babysitting the weak thing. Lilligant just wasn't worth it, so I ended up replacing it during my first playthrough with a Pokemon I liked (Galvantula) and during my second playthrough with a Pokemon that performed better (Deerling/Sawsbuck).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)