1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Green Mage, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Skorpius47

Skorpius47

No more discussion, eh?

So the girlfriend and I are playing around with WhiteForest/BlackCity and we've come to the conclusion that they're so pointless and hold nothing of value. WhiteForest feels like a weak version of Safari Zone, BlackForest feels like a weak version of the Stadiums. What a set of wasted potential, too, because this could have been something neat.

WhiteForest has the most potential, though, with the Safari Zone aspect. If both versions just had a Safari Zone in that area, possibly being a smaller offline version of DreamWorld, we'd have been on track. The Pokemon available change with the time of day, the season of the year, and your actions in your friends' Entralink. Hell, why not have it work with GameSynch in some way?

Oh well.. I'll just hoard my Level 5 Happiny then.
  2. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Because Trollfreak loves you... not.

well you can always beat up Morimoto if you're frustrated, he's ridiculously easy to beat. Out of the three LV 75 battles in the game(the other two are Alder and Cynthia), Morimoto is an absolute pushover, Volcarona makes a joke out of him.
  3. Skorpius47

Skorpius47

I do get jollies out of obliterating the pointless Lv5 dudes in my WhiteForest. For ever one less Happiny in the world, my heart grows one size larger.
  4. Cheesy333

Cheesy333

because im so awesome i decided to start off with tsutarja and i ended up planning my entire team out with Haxorus, Archeops, Serperior, Chandelure, Burungeru and someotherguy

on the 2nd gym (normal i think) i had only my tsutarja as he was the only poke i could obtain out of my *dream team* at the time the gymleader game out with her 2nd poke miruhog and STAB retaliated me -.- i survived with 2 hp yay!

also does anyone apart from me NOT use the monkey's?
  5. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

you could just use a Sawk or a Throh for the gym, and then bench afterwards.
  6. Vixana

Vixana

The monkeys are there to fix the tragedy that was yellow's first gym.
  7. callforjudgement

callforjudgement

Cynthia is easiest, because her Spiritomb is completely incapable of damaging a Magic Guard Clefairy, which you can catch wild in Giant Chasm, unless it attacks. Just give your Clefairy Stored Power / Work Up / Toxic (for killing the Spiritomb) / filler, then set up to +6 in speed and both attacks and go sweep her team.
  8. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Spiritomb can just Double Team in your face and then CYNTHIA USED FULL RESTORE!

Right. I used Substitute Haxorus with Aerial Ace, so...
  9. spweasel

spweasel

Dragon Dance Scrafty with Faint Attack, Substitute, and Brick Break makes a mockery of her as well. Actually, you'll have more than enough time to boost via Items, so Dragon Dance is technically optional.
  10. Serious_Business

Serious_Business

Bisharp with Sucker Punch laughs in her face. Spiritomb cannot break his sub, get a couple swords dances up, eventually Iron Head usually lands. Iron Head kills off Lucario, then Sucker Punch destroys everything else.
  11. HiddenDragon72

HiddenDragon72

I think i prefer the idea of battling over finding, plus you can get money, albet not a lot, in black city
  12. Neotornado

Neotornado

I think he means that you can just GTS it afterwards.
  13. Shining Kestral

Shining Kestral

Just a question, but what do you mean by this? Yellow had its very own monkey made for the sole purpose of beating the first gym: Mankey was relocated to Routes 3, 4, and 22 for the sole purpose of having something that can beat Brock without overleveling.
  14. Vixana

Vixana

Route 4 isn't available at that time. But it was moved to 3 and 22. Even still you wouldn't naturally know about it without outside information. As the chances of encountering the monkey are pretty low.
    There is also a low chance of anything else that you get doing even neutral damage to Brock's Pokémon.

That's the difference in the new monkey, you are literally given it. And since this new gym only has real threat, and you can do something to it even with your starter, it's not as needed.
  15. Shining Kestral

Shining Kestral

Mankey has a 15% chance of appearing on 3 and 20% on 22. It's not that rare. The main reason you'd miss it is if you played RBG beforehand and didn't spend much time running around in the grass and tried to muscle past Brock without level grinding.
  16. Arcticblast

Arcticblast LOL STAFF FAG
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Mentor

Just get a Butterfree, I don't think Brock's Pokemon know any Rock moves.
  17. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

^would be cool but Caterpie is a bitch to train.
  18. Dracolosse

Dracolosse

I don't get the big Lvl 77 Champions movesets. You'd think by now, Nintendo would know they have experienced customers, and try to add a little challenge at the end. I would love to see 6 lvl~95 mons with perfect IVs, EV trained and with competitive movesets. Like a Nasty Plot Luke, SD Chomp, Coil Eelektross, QuiverDance but NOT Overheat Volcarona, etc....

Instead we get non-EV trained mons with random moves (seriously, give Garchomp a real dragon move.....at least Drake knew he learn Outrage)
  19. AuraSphere

AuraSphere

Drake had a Garchomp?
  20. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

A few weeks ago, I decided to do the second round of the E4, and I only had level 50s and one level 70 Volcarona that I had just caught. I only used two Hyper Potions the entire time and swept the entire E4 with just Volcarona using a moveset of Quiver Dance / Bug Buzz / Flamethrower / Psychic. Very, very, OP in game...
  21. eitleon

eitleon

How did you get past Breloom-Sawk?
  22. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

He meant Lance.

On an unrelated note that Chomp was an absolute pain to beat. I had to have my Shedinja stall it and pray that it smacked itself in confusion thanks to LOL +6 ATTACK. Thankfully though, Lance was retarded enough to have his remaining mons(Altaria and prolly Dragonite) not have moves that hit Sheddy.
  23. mamoswineFTW

mamoswineFTW

Really? I always destroy his team with my Mamoswine. Ice Shard for the OHKO on Dragon/Flying ones, Rock Slide for Zard/Dos. As a matter of fact, Maman (my mamoswine) sweeps the entire Elite Four/Red...

So, onto my piece of trivia:

Charizard, Infernape and Typhlosion share the same BST of 534. Blaziken's is 530, and Emboar is 528. Emboar actually has the same BST as the final evolutions of the other Unovan starters, Samurott and Serperior.
  24. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Charizard and Typhlosion share the exact same base stats.

hence they share BST.

Venusaur and Meganium simply swapped Defense and SpA. Blastoise's HP, Attack, Sp.Atk and Sp.Def are Feraligatr's Sp.A, Sp.D, HP and Attack respectively.

Blastoise, I am disappoint. For a giant turtle you are less bulkier physically to a freaking CROCODILE.
  25. Son_of_Shadoo

Son_of_Shadoo

Yeah, but would Feraligatr Hydro Pump Johnny if he were your dad? NO.

Finally got round to Transferring all my 4th gen stuff across to Black. Took. Fucking. Forever.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)