Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Alright, goofy question: Is there anything majorly important one would need to gather before they reset their save file?

I've defeated the E4 once.
I've captured Tornadus.
I've traded over Black's Thundurus and captured Landorus.
I've captured Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.
I'm on my way to catch Kyurem.
I have the Larvesta Egg.
I'll catch the Volcarona after I catch a Zen Mode Darmanitan.
I'm going to go get my Victini once everything is said and done.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things.
> Is there anything special after defeating the E4 a second time?
> Are there any special items I should care about?
> Your Wonder Cards reset when you delete the save file, yes?

I really enjoy the main part of these games and I'd like to play through it a third time with the starter I haven't chosen (Snivy) but I don't want to reset until I've gotten everything I should get.
Don't reset your game TWICE.

* buys game*
plays it for the first time
completes everything
reset
completes everything again
reset again
Believe me, doing all the gyms and stuff like that THRICE in a short period of time is very hard. Very probably, you won't even finish the game for a third time.

Just don't reset it and start breeding/grinding/battle subway/E4 streak/completing pokedex/anything else
TRUST ME

I really regret my choice, and I don't want any others to feel the same.

ive been through the game twice already, with the water/grass starter. now with rng and my shiny tepig.. ive enjoyed it a lot more. but to be fair.. i havent finished the game in either of the first two playthroughs.. lol. gym 4 then stopped.

Heya guys, I'm looking for some suggestions for a 6th on my team. I just beat the elite 4 with 5 pokes and am about to go face N I think.
I don't think I can I leave or anything yet, but I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for a 6th poke for when I'm able to go get it. haha
As of right now I have Emboar, Galvantula, Jellicent, Scrafty, and Haxorus. I really have no idea what could benefit my team, and don't really want to use any legendaries.

I've had Black for a little less than a week now and my team is Samorott, Stoutland, Gurdurr (with evolite because I don't have anyone to trade with), Excadrill, Galvantula, and Lampent (I'll evolve it as soon as I get a dusk stone). I have to say, keeping these guys at about 5-6 levels higher than the gym leaders means an easy run through so far. Stoutland's starting to lag in power, but he's pulled his weight through the 7th gym. Excadrill and Galvantula are beasts, Samorott's a great water type, and Lampent's WoW and Hex combo has got me thinking of making a stall team centered on a sweep with him.

Alright, goofy question: Is there anything majorly important one would need to gather before they reset their save file?

I've defeated the E4 once.
I've captured Tornadus.
I've traded over Black's Thundurus and captured Landorus.
I've captured Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.
I'm on my way to catch Kyurem.
I have the Larvesta Egg.
I'll catch the Volcarona after I catch a Zen Mode Darmanitan.
I'm going to go get my Victini once everything is said and done.

I'm sure I'm missing a few things.
> Is there anything special after defeating the E4 a second time?
> Are there any special items I should care about?
> Your Wonder Cards reset when you delete the save file, yes?

I really enjoy the main part of these games and I'd like to play through it a third time with the starter I haven't chosen (Snivy) but I don't want to reset until I've gotten everything I should get.
First, to address your 3 questions at the end:
> You get to fight the Champion, which you didn't get to do before. Otherwise, nothing special.
> Leftovers and Lucky Egg come to mind. Most of the really good stuff, sadly, requires you to go to the Battle Subway. There's about a half dozen each of Rare Candies and Heart Scales, though, if you're gonna be collecting those.
> Yes, they do. Enjoy your Victini army XD

Now, other stuff. If you have the dogs/Celebi, you can ship them up to get Zorua/Zoroark if you haven't, but that's not a big deal since you can breed, I guess.

You said you traded over black's Thundurus, but he's in White, so I'll assume you're playing Black. Go head into Black City and collect a good stock of any items in the shops there, if they're worth it. Then, if any of the trainers have stuff that'd be problematic for you to get, try and GTS them. (If you've got White, then in the Forest just collect all of the Pokemon there, which takes 5 minutes.)

The Munchlax in Undella town during summer has Lefties, so it's probably worth the Cincinno, if you're in Summer. The Rotom trade in Route 15 is definitely worth it, however.

Most other stuff comes up as daily/weekly/seasonal events, so you don't need to worry about it as much.

I think that about covers it.

Don't reset your game TWICE.
I agree with that. I beat Black 4 times in rapid succession, and by the 4th time it is mostly just painful. When I finally bought the English version, I couldn't bear to play it for very long.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You only need to PokeShift the event 'mons from DPPtHGSS to get Zorua and Zoroark. I have both (actually I traded my Zorua over GTS but whatever) and I don't even have the Relocator.

No more discussion, eh?

So the girlfriend and I are playing around with WhiteForest/BlackCity and we've come to the conclusion that they're so pointless and hold nothing of value. WhiteForest feels like a weak version of Safari Zone, BlackForest feels like a weak version of the Stadiums. What a set of wasted potential, too, because this could have been something neat.

WhiteForest has the most potential, though, with the Safari Zone aspect. If both versions just had a Safari Zone in that area, possibly being a smaller offline version of DreamWorld, we'd have been on track. The Pokemon available change with the time of day, the season of the year, and your actions in your friends' Entralink. Hell, why not have it work with GameSynch in some way?

Oh well.. I'll just hoard my Level 5 Happiny then.

Because Trollfreak loves you... not.

well you can always beat up Morimoto if you're frustrated, he's ridiculously easy to beat. Out of the three LV 75 battles in the game(the other two are Alder and Cynthia), Morimoto is an absolute pushover, Volcarona makes a joke out of him.

I do get jollies out of obliterating the pointless Lv5 dudes in my WhiteForest. For ever one less Happiny in the world, my heart grows one size larger.

because im so awesome i decided to start off with tsutarja and i ended up planning my entire team out with Haxorus, Archeops, Serperior, Chandelure, Burungeru and someotherguy

on the 2nd gym (normal i think) i had only my tsutarja as he was the only poke i could obtain out of my *dream team* at the time the gymleader game out with her 2nd poke miruhog and STAB retaliated me -.- i survived with 2 hp yay!

also does anyone apart from me NOT use the monkey's?

because im so awesome i decided to start off with tsutarja and i ended up planning my entire team out with Haxorus, Archeops, Serperior, Chandelure, Burungeru and someotherguy

on the 2nd gym (normal i think) i had only my tsutarja as he was the only poke i could obtain out of my *dream team* at the time the gymleader game out with her 2nd poke miruhog and STAB retaliated me -.- i survived with 2 hp yay!

also does anyone apart from me NOT use the monkey's?
you could just use a Sawk or a Throh for the gym, and then bench afterwards.

Because Trollfreak loves you... not.

well you can always beat up Morimoto if you're frustrated, he's ridiculously easy to beat. Out of the three LV 75 battles in the game(the other two are Alder and Cynthia), Morimoto is an absolute pushover, Volcarona makes a joke out of him.
Cynthia is easiest, because her Spiritomb is completely incapable of damaging a Magic Guard Clefairy, which you can catch wild in Giant Chasm, unless it attacks. Just give your Clefairy Stored Power / Work Up / Toxic (for killing the Spiritomb) / filler, then set up to +6 in speed and both attacks and go sweep her team.

Cynthia is easiest, because her Spiritomb is completely incapable of damaging a Magic Guard Clefairy, which you can catch wild in Giant Chasm, unless it attacks. Just give your Clefairy Stored Power / Work Up / Toxic (for killing the Spiritomb) / filler, then set up to +6 in speed and both attacks and go sweep her team.
Spiritomb can just Double Team in your face and then CYNTHIA USED FULL RESTORE!

Right. I used Substitute Haxorus with Aerial Ace, so...

Right. I used Substitute Haxorus with Aerial Ace, so...
Dragon Dance Scrafty with Faint Attack, Substitute, and Brick Break makes a mockery of her as well. Actually, you'll have more than enough time to boost via Items, so Dragon Dance is technically optional.

Bisharp with Sucker Punch laughs in her face. Spiritomb cannot break his sub, get a couple swords dances up, eventually Iron Head usually lands. Iron Head kills off Lucario, then Sucker Punch destroys everything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)