America

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
az I wasn't being serious. Jrr and DK are being serious, pick on them :0

Also, you do have to admit that America and Japan are quite the trend setters in general. And that America is pretty much the only country every little kid in the world knows, lol.

Whether or not you like us, you have to admit that without us, everybody would be kind of lost.
qualify this statement. right now it doesn't mean anything, and if you're implying what i think you're implying, you're supremely ignorant
Well, United States GPS technology and map making industries are number one. So if we didn't continue to make ridiculously accurate maps for the rest of the world, they would end up getting lost. Just look at the recent invasion of Costa Rica, the Nicaraguans read Google map which had been incorrect and accidentally invaded another country, this is a prime example of the United States showing the way for other countries, even if in this case it was unfortunately incorrect.

Hey guys, I love the internet as well.

Additionally, for the health care debate, the US does have the best healthcare out there. Unfortunately, many people can't afford it, which is why the perceived rankings are lower.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Well, United States GPS technology and map making industries are number one. So if we didn't continue to make ridiculously accurate maps for the rest of the world, they would end up getting lost. Just look at the recent invasion of Costa Rica, the Nicaraguans read Google map which had been incorrect and accidentally invaded another country, this is a prime example of the United States showing the way for other countries, even if in this case it was unfortunately incorrect.
This is actually true, although it just goes to show that America are hard at work to bring general malaise into international alliances in order to strengthen their own position in relative terms, and assert themselves militarily as "peacekeepers" when war breaks out, profiting from the rubble.

go on DK punch me through the screen i dare you

Yeah that's a load of bullshit Cooky. You really think Google is in cahoots with the US government to make these maps for the purpose of allowing other countries to more easily plan attacks on one another, just so we can somehow profit from it?

If you're going to instigate something try using a legitimate argument. I'll give you a hint: wars cost us a lot of money. The very notion that we (as a nation) somehow profit from it is ridiculous.

This is actually true, although it just goes to show that America are hard at work to bring general malaise into international alliances in order to strengthen their own position in relative terms, and assert themselves militarily as "peacekeepers" when war breaks out, profiting from the rubble.
Yes, clearly this was the United States' goal in this endeavor, which is why we invaded Costa Rica and Nicaragua.

P.S. - We didn't invade Costa Rica and Nicaragua, just in case you didn't know.

Cooky

Banned deucer.
Yeah that's a load of bullshit Cooky. You really think Google is in cahoots with the US government to make these maps for the purpose of allowing other countries to more easily plan attacks on one another, just so we can somehow profit from it?

If you're going to instigate something try using a legitimate argument. I'll give you a hint: wars cost us a lot of money. The very notion that we (as a nation) somehow profit from it is ridiculous.
what, i was joking jesus

thought it was kinda obvious

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CaptKirby said:
A thread was going pretty well and then Deck Knight invaded it with petty invective, pointless allegations, and generally deluded (trolling) nonsense. I do not have to use shitty sound byte rhetoricals to point out that this is not a fucking coincidence.
No, actually, the thread was just turning into another Smogon "Bash the American pinata" thread. Serious discussion assumes there are two sides, not just an echo chamber for irreverent nonsense. Of course you thought the thread was going well: It was a non-serious bashfest that agreed with you!

So rather than another quotefest that'll stretch the thread I'll summarize:

jrrrrrrr: Every time you post about the south you make a bigoted post.

But more importantly here are two claims from the last thread I was talking about:

jrrrrrrr said:
King advocated non-violence as his most sacred philosophical principle. You are advocating threatening political figures with guns because they are liberals.

King fought to end racial segregation. You believe that businesses deserve the right to discriminate.
You don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to your posts. In the one referenced you use me as a proxy for "GOP rhetoric" in that post so by inference you are assuming about 50% of the people in America are morally unfit because they do not share your worldview. You are in short bigoted against anyone with a certain political ideology regardless of the actual positions of that ideology, and ascribe inferior characteristics to anyone who believes in such an ideology. I try to avoid ascribing anything to any individual liberal, but I do point out the negative end results of liberal policies. And yeah, I was trolling a little bit. with the Coincidence? You decide. stuff. Too bad everyone gets butthurt because trolling is apparently only supposed to go one way around here.

It's a common thread in pretty much every liberal and foreign-sourced post about America that we're ignorant, and the American south is usually the whipping post. They never actually state why a nation that is a) generally more diverse b) allows way more immigration c) has been so successful the entire world uses its currency as its reserve and d) manufactures large swaths of political, business, and cultural thought throughout the world and has for centuries can in any way be described as ignorant.

My observation is that it always seems America is considered ignorant to the world because of two primary characteristics: We don't like socialized medicine, we don't like gay marriage. For not "progressing" to these positions on social issues we get called out by every second and third tier nation on the planet. We get called out by nations where pretty much everyone looks the same and they only have to cover the health maladies endemic to the 90% of their homogeneous population. We get called out by nations who care so little about the family they can't even bother to reproduce at replacement rate. Following the so-called "progress" of these societal titans is madness for a country of America's population, ethnic diversity, and geographic scale.

The core of being American is that we don't have an ethnicity and we don't have a specific geographic cultural paradigm. Everyone is an American if they believe in the rule of law and self-governance. Everyone is expected to pay their own way, to learn the predominant language of our nation, and to in all cases avoid becoming a ward of the state. We are too large to have the "protections" of socialized medicine and broad-scale cradle-to-grave welfare. What entitlements we do have like that are bankrupting our nation, just as they are bankrupting every other nation on the planet. The Obama Administration signed a stimulus bill into law last year that dwarved spending over the last seven years in Iraq in a single stroke of a pen. Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are financially insolvent yet are considered non-discretionary spending. They are the 800 lb. gorilla in the room. If our defense budget were the size of our unfunded liabilities we could stay at war in Iraq and Afghanistan approximately forever.

Massachusetts attempted to make a statewide health insurance program and our premiums are still the highest in the nation because (among other things) we are still giving illegals a free ride. They are still using the emergency room as their primary care physician, and regardless of how they feel about it no American will ever tell a hospital to shutter someone away because they don't have the right papers on them. The minimum mandates inflate the cost for every policy holder and the cost controls are non-existent. Bear in mind this is a state with one party rule and the person who initially concieved the system was the previous governor Republican Mitt Romney. If they wanted to fix it they've had opportunities and the political clout every day since the program's inception. They do not because "government health care" is never about health care, it's about government. America's health care costs are so high because just about everywhere you go they have a CATScan and an MRI machine, all of which were researched, funded, developed, and perfected by the American medical device industry. This stuff costs an absurd amout of money to imagine, develop, implement, and distibute and yet still people complain about what they're getting. It's the same way with medical pharmaceuticals, another massive R&D dump in our national healthcare expenditure.

Of course our health care costs are higher than Britian's. Britain is limited to what they spend on the NHS's annual budget. Since our health care system is not tied to and controlled in every facet by the federal government, we don't have a limit to what we can spend on health care on a national scale, and the makeup of our health care spending dollars is therefore different. Has the NHS ever come out with a new treatment or pharmaceutical? If British companies are still allowed to make them has any ever successfully gained government approval?

So in summary, yes, America is the best. Period. No one on earth believes that every country is equal to every other. Not a single person lambasting America would want to live in a nation in the Middle East. Not a single one would want to live under the thumb of the Chinese. Not a single one would prefer living anywhere under an oppressive dictator, from Cuba to North Korea to Venezuela. Not if they had a choice.

America allows around one million people to immigrate here legally every year, and we have a line for entry that goes out for decades. We have an even greater problems with illegal immigration. People clamor to get into America because when you're poor and oppressed you don't have the luxury to wax on about what the government is doing for you or about how the nuclear family is an outmoded paradigm. You want freedom, and you want the chance to make your own way. America has offered just such an opportunity since it's inception and continues to this day. We try to make laws that keep the burden of the government light and protect only our own citizens. In their guts the vast majority of the world has wanted to be American more than their own nationality for the last two centuries.

You are of course, free to disagree. The question is: If you agreed with me and stated it openly in your nation, for how long would your government let you do it? Not a problem where I come from.

If you do not believe America is the best nation on earth, rather than tearing it down why don't you bolster up your own nation instead? Everyone in a forum can make a shitty one-line post with absolutely zero value. It's what's made this place like an even worse version of Firebot since now the entire purpose is muddled into an amalgamated hole brought to you and maintained by the same people of the defunct parent forums. What I'm saying is to actually put some effort into your responses.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Try being poor and breaking your legs. Then tell me whose health care system is the best.
Back in September of '99 I switched jobs and new employer did not provide healthcare for the first 90 days of employment. I decided to roll the dice on cobra and go free style. Very near the end of the 90 days, I'm sitting down upstairs and hear bang bang thud and hear my daughter howl. I ran downstairs and looked at her, and she was holding an obviously broken arm (yeah, you could see the break, not compound). So I loaded her up and took her to the ER. No insurance. She was seen and taken care of. So were the follow up visits. Treatment was great and at the end of it I set up a payment plan and took care of it.

So I think it's probably ok for "poor people" to break bones.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
to be fair, people like DK are literally the reason why people hate America
It's a good thing I don't form my opinions of other countries based on the opinion of one of their residents. That would be kind of ignorant.

People like you and your above compatriot with your shitty, worthless one-line posts are the reason people hate a forum and avoid it at all costs. I hadn't posted here in a couple weeks previously and now I remember why: I'd much rather busy myself in a place that isn't infested by Smogon's worst wits. I disagree with jrrrrrrr but at least in the back and forth we can get some good serious posts going here and there. He has something of value to add, generally speaking. You do not. You never have. And you probably never will. Not if you keep doing what you're doing. Morm knew how to make decent short posts, you do not. Just stick to the physical fitness thread where your post quality is exponentially greater, probably because the few times you post more than a single line makes up for all your bandwagoning/snarky one-liners there.

Seriously, I cannot emphasize this enough: Every single one of your one-line posts sucks ass. Even in the threads where you have good posts that cogently offer advice. There's not a polite way to say this to you except to confront you. You need a damn intervention.

In fact, almost every single one-line post in a forum sucks ass. "Less is More" works for some things, but not for a social forum. This isn't irc which runs in real-time, one line usually doesn't cut it.

It's a good thing I don't form my opinions of other countries based on the opinion of one of their residents. That would be kind of ignorant.

People like you and your above compatriot with your shitty, worthless one-line posts are the reason people hate a forum and avoid it at all costs. I hadn't posted here in a couple weeks previously and now I remember why: I'd much rather busy myself in a place that isn't infested by Smogon's worst wits. I disagree with jrrrrrrr but at least in the back and forth we can get some good serious posts going here and there. He has something of value to add, generally speaking. You do not. You never have. And you probably never will. Not if you keep doing what you're doing. Morm knew how to make decent short posts, you do not. Just stick to the physical fitness thread where your post quality is exponentially greater, probably because the few times you post more than a single line makes up for all your bandwagoning/snarky one-liners there.

Seriously, I cannot emphasize this enough: Every single one of your one-line posts sucks ass. Even in the threads where you have good posts that cogently offer advice. There's not a polite way to say this to you except to confront you. You need a damn intervention.

In fact, almost every single one-line post in a forum sucks ass. "Less is More" works for some things, but not for a social forum. This isn't irc which runs in real-time, one line usually doesn't cut it.
I cannot emphasize this enough: you are blaming minorities for education and crime problems in the US, you claim that US Healthcare is the best because rich people come to the US for treatment, you blame liberal teachers for poor education in the US while conservatives try to make fucking creationism a subject in school, among so many other things it's disgusting. People who have these ideologies, like you, are literally the reason why american politics is so fucking backwards and we continually regress into a state of shit.

And then you try to talk about my posting

amazing

Deck Knight

I cannot emphasize this enough: you are blaming minorities for education and crime problems in the US,
No, I am stating the actual fact that higher percentages of minorities statistically raise crime rates and dropout rates alike. That's not "blame," it's simply using facts compiled by the government to explain statistical differences between states. If we want to get to the underlying problems then I believe I made a post about that to vonFielder (though that may have been the Illuminati thread) going into detail about the social patholigies that tend to plague minorities and the political sources of such continuous, relatively new problems.

you claim that US Healthcare is the best because rich people come to the US for treatment,
That was just one claim that is also factually accurate, and I predicated it based on the fact it was not mere rich people, but foreign leaders whose own countries have socialized systems. Why did those leaders fly to America for treatment if the standing argument is that our healthcare is inferior? Other claims involve America's massive investment in new health care technologies rather than just long-term treatments. Our cancer-treatments are top-notch, our medical devices are excellent. Our baseline for care far exceeds many other nations, and it's payment for it that is the primary gripe of detractors.

you blame liberal teachers for poor education in the US while conservatives try to make fucking creationism a subject in school,
I was mildly trolling on the liberal schoolteachers bit, but I can assert that liberals assert equally stupid subjects like "age-approriate sexual education" for schools where kids aren't even proficient in math and english. Both are indications of poor school priorities. Incidentally, I oppose teaching creationism in schools since it is, again, superfluous to the function of a school. Schools shouldn't be hostile to open prayer, but unless it's a religious school there isn't a need for a religion subject.

among so many other things it's disgusting. People who have these ideologies, like you, are literally the reason why american politics is so fucking backwards and we continually regress into a state of shit.
If America is regressing into a state of shit it's because our priorities are all fucked up. We're in debt up to our ass and our government from 2008-2010 tried to fix it by creating a brand new unfunded entitlement meant to bring us socilized medicine like the non-regressed industrial nations. They pulled out every trick in the book and spent all their time, effort, and energy to pass what has been ruled an unconstitutional bill. They were subsequently swept out of office in the US House and State Houses all across the nation in 2010 because they were fundamentally unserious about solving America's fiscal problems. American politics isn't backwards at all; the American people are perfectly calibrated to both give people who dream big and speak well like Obama a chance at the Oval Office and then punish them when they fail to deliver on their promises.

I repeat, there is a line out the door for people who want to be Americans that goes out for decades. Clearly whatever negative aspects that our majority center-right nation (40% conservative, 40% moderate, 20% liberal) possesses, it is not sufficient to keep people from violating our own laws on a daily basis just to get their feet in the door.

So you are free to suggest that at least 60% (40% of conservatives and 20% of right-leaning moderates combined) of America is regressing America to shit. It doesn't seem to have stopped anyone from coming here, nor stopped them from seeking our help in international crises, nor done much of anything but produce a whole lot of whining from the other 40% (20% of left-leaning moderates and liberals) of the country and their international compatriots that we don't all think the same as they do. My ideology happens to align more commonly with the average American than much of Smogon, and I'm willing to stand up and defend it. If it's the fault of my ideology and similar people, then America has been "going to shit" since roughly since its inception.

And then you try to talk about my posting

amazing
See, now we can have a discussion back and forth. Excellent work.

There were people on both sides of the argument, except in your mind apparently. Also no matter how many times you repeat your coincidence sound byte, it will never become clever, I promise you. Also, blaming other people for a lack of conversation when you overload your posts with bigoted, specious, irreverently anti-intelligent typical republican diversionary screeds (the exact type Glenn Beck uses, except his are blatantly insane; but nice try trying to disavow him earlier when you are him) is pretty silly. If you want conversation, you can start by engaging issues on an honest level, like how America is not the greatest country in the world, but is not a bad place to live either. I do assume your overt fawning was simple trolling though, not serious...it just goes hand in hand with what I am talking about with discussion.

lots of stuff
I would like to first say that I am an american. I was born here and I love this country, if for no other reason that it's the only one I've got. I can assure you that the United States are far inferior to many other countries because of our inability to change and our absurdly convoluted and bureaucratic government populated primarily by those who would rather spout sound bytes and remain solely on the side of their party even when a chance to make the most obvious change for the better is presented. I would like to bring to mind the bill that proposed to give free medical services to 9/11 first responders. This bill was designed to aid in the ailments of those who risked their lives saving innocents. How more just cna yoiu get? Yet it was not passed, a symptom of a certain party's proclamation that no bills would be passed until a certain tax cut was extended. This tax cut was said to be an economy-booster, for those without money will obviously buy more, right? Of course, the best way to fix things is always to KEEP THEM THE SAME. These cuts were in place all throughout the recession, for what reason were they theorized to be such a boost to the economy. I would also like to point out the viewership of the Fox News network, which is the highest among all "news" stations, and is populated by people like Glenn Beck, who is Glenn Beck, and Bill O'Reilly, whose argument for God was: "The tide goes in, the tide goes out, never a miscommunication." When the intelligentsia countered with the fact that the moon controls the tides, he referred to them as pinheads, asked them how the moon got there, and asked why Mars doesn't have a moon (Mars has two moons). At the same time, a simple healthcare bill was passed to create something of a public option to ease the pressures put on the poor, and what managed to get through was a wreckage of a law, torn to threads by a party deathly afraid of socialism and its "evils." Might I point out that many of the world's strongest and most economically sound nations possess socialized medicine, such as Britain, France, and a little country called Finland which is currently rated the best country in the world. Our government's inane fear of any significant change, coupled with the corrupting influence of lobbyists, money, and a fierce desire to preserve one's political career prevents this country from achieving significant bounds and does not appear to be slackening its grip anytime soon. I hope to give this country its time, and stick with it through its foreseeable failings in hopes that one day it may mature enough to accept that there are more well-off, more prosperous, and more moral nations out there that it might do well to emulate.

One more thing:

No, I am stating the actual fact that higher percentages of minorities statistically raise crime rates and dropout rates alike. That's not "blame," it's simply using facts compiled by the government to explain statistical differences between states. If we want to get to the underlying problems then I believe I made a post about that to vonFielder (though that may have been the Illuminati thread) going into detail about the social patholigies that tend to plague minorities and the political sources of such continuous, relatively new problems.
Did you know the rates of ice cream sold and drownings both increase at around the same time and the same rate? Yet this does not mean ice cream causes drowning, it means summer exists. Correlation does not equate to causality.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
American schoolteachers are predominantly liberal.
you dont know what liberal means

Foreigners bitch about how terrible out health care is, but all of their leaders fly here to get treatment instead of seeking it in their own highly-touted socialist ones.

this maybe true actually, source?

America is the most awesome country in the world. We shit bricks on all those nations whose citizenry does nothing but bitch, whine, and complain about us. Then when they get invaded by the next stupid totalitarian fuck they come crawling, scraping for the United States Marine Corps to save their ass. We send them on an aircraft carrier maintained by the United States Navy, a vessel capable of both kicking ass and saving lives at the same time. Not unlike the United States Marines they deploy, incidentally, who are basically trained to be the human versions of a lethal killing machine and a compassionate, hypercompetent defender. In contrast other nations can barely keep a peace (like the UN that thinks their balls shouldn't match their helmets), the United States Marine Corps can make one.

its this attitude that causes people around the world to resent america, I totally agree that the u.n is too indecisive, maybe they would be more decisive if they could trust the united states when a republican is in office, seeing as how they always want to show how strong and tough they are, and how they aint takin no shit from those socialist europeans ultimately making it harder for the U.N to work as it should, and making it harder for the U.S to actually get the support of its allies when it would be beneficial to do so, its like a cycle, we act unilaterally, ostracizing the U.N and our allies, making it harder for us to get their support and for them to act quickly because they dont know wtf we're going to do because we always act unilaterally, then when they dont act, we have to act unilaterally again, incurring further resentment, but hey man shoot first ask questions later, by all means. dont respond to this, im real smart, and i can guess what you would say, save your breath

And even moreso foreigners tend to bitch about a news network they don't even recieve in thier nation, then have the unmitigated gall to call Americans ignorant. At least in the maxim about judging a book by it's cover, it's assumed you saw the damn cover. Clips of Glenn Beck you saw on Youtube doesn't constitute Fox New's actual news coverage. It's an opinion show and that much is obvious to anyone, and even Glenn Beck himself hits you over the head that you should do your own homework (which anyone would know if they watched the entire broadcast instead of getting clips from Media Matters, but again that would require speaking from knowledge instead of ignorance.)

americans are ignorant as fuck. and yes i know that, as an american, it is entirely possible that i am too ignorant to be trusted on this issue, i dont even understand what youre saying about fox news, glenn beck is dumb, no one else is discussing glenn beck, most americans dont want to be assossiated with glenn beck thank you very much, please keep him and sarah palin the fuck away from the rest of us

In the end all we ask is for a place to bury our dead when the world goes to shit. You're welcome and by the way we'd appreciate it if you'd go to the graveyards and check the nationalities sometime. You'll know them by the flag that means something to every civilized people on the face of the earth, whether they love it and support it or want to spit on it, stomp it, and burn it.

wtf does this mean, we know youre a patriot, you love america, national pride is a real rational thing, seeing as how you choose where youre born

Reality check: America is the "world's police" and the center for the world's innovation because most of the rest of the world for its entire history decided to treat its citizens like ignorant chattel. It made them all subservient sheep to a police state that infantilizes them from cradle to grave. These nations gutted their own militaries to pay for it and left America to pick up their exposed flank. Americans know the world is a place with a lot of terrible people who would crush your freedom in an instant if given the opportunity and we prepare for these threats. Domestically, we don't look the other way or worse still enable our own decline as our nation's native birthrates drop below replacement and get supplanted by immigrants who don't assimilate to our values. We also don't set things alight because the government raised the retirement age two years as part of an austerity package.

this is too hilarious, however, it reflects your conservative ideology that you think the world (as a concept) needs police and should be policed as it is not to be trusted and cannot be improved. Xenophobia is a nice touch, and americans' xenophobia is like perhaps idk the foremost reason we seem ignorant, every fucking person in america is an immigrant, unless youre a native american, in which case i apologize. And yeah france is dumb too

See, in America you're free to believe evolution is bullshit (and get subsequently mocked for it). You're also free to build anything you want, innovate it with your own time, sweat, and money, and generally improve the stock of yourself and everyone around you with your intellect and passion. We don't have time to wait around in a queue every 5 minutes as the nice government official hands us our papers. America is about freedom, and freedom is dangerous concept. Freedom isn't safe. Freedom isn't secure. Freedom isn't easy.

yeah thats why we need to police the world, its all that freedom were creatin'

In America we speak one language because unlike the balkanized Europeon nations we simply have too many different people for that kind of multilingual localization to develop. You go into certain neighborhoods and they speak two languages, but it doesn't usually extend to three, and when they go outside those enclaves they are expected to speak the prevailing language of the United States, English.

obviously there is an economic advantage to being bilingual (evident by the way they are paid more) as it eases business and expands your markets, and the free market has selected for it which means it must be a good thing, because the free market is right next to god and jesus, wait are you saying the free market isnt a good thing? thats blasphemy, we dont like communists in america, we dont know what socialism is but we know we hate it

I don't have any mixed emotions about America. We are a flawed nation full of flawed people and our policies don't always work out for the best. thats for sureSometimes our policies even violate our own priciples and we go astray from our republican (small r, as in a constitutional republic) ideals. We are still the greatest nation ever concieved on earth and we strive for the exceptional. We support freedom for ourselves and all people around the globe and are willing to put the blood, sweat, and tears into it to make it a reality. The United States Constitution represents a paradigm shift in government that is still making its opponents quake in their boots to this day, over two centuries laterwtf does this mean, whos afraid of a yellowed document, and damn im feeling disrespectful today, i actually hold a surprising amount of respect for the constitution . Government of the people, by the people, and for the people, whose legitimacy extends only based on the consent of the governed.blah blah blah In return every American has the grave responsibility of eternal vigilance and attention. This is why whenever disaster strikes we are there with support and materials to try and ease the suffering. An American campany invented the drill and elevator mechanism that saved the miners in Chileif you dont see the irony in this.... When the earthquake struck Haiti we sent an aircraft carrier down to act as a mobile electicity station and loaded it up with supplies. I imagine we will do the same for Japan.
I sure as hell hope so
If Americans are ignorant, they are mostly ignorant about their nation's own history and their place in the world. Which dovetails quite nicely with the very first snark I made, don't you think? If you are educated by ignorant people who hate their own nation (or if you're foriegn, educated by ignorant people who hate our nation), how else would you feel about it?
foreigners hate america and are ignorant, well said, why the fuck do they come here again? its because theyre ignorant of how much we hate foreigners obviously

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I think it's probably ok for "poor people" to break bones.
My brother tore his ACL and MCL and broke his knee at the same time because he fell off of his bike the wrong way (they had to grow cartilage from some of his cells to replace it, thanks evolution!) and needed a solid year of physical therapy so that he didn't walk with a limp for the rest of his life, and we almost had to sell our house to afford the procedure. Emergency room care is excellent assuming they aren't full, but health care covers more than just emergency situation.
So rather than another quotefest that'll stretch the thread I'll summarize:
<my post>
jrrrrrrr: Every time you post about the south you make a bigoted post.

But more importantly here are two claims from the last thread I was talking about:

You don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to your posts. In the one referenced you use me as a proxy for "GOP rhetoric" in that post so by inference you are assuming about 50% of the people in America are morally unfit because they do not share your worldview. You are in short bigoted against anyone with a certain political ideology regardless of the actual positions of that ideology, and ascribe inferior characteristics to anyone who believes in such an ideology.
Uh....How is that post bigoted at all? My posts aren't bigoted, I thought I did a decent job explaining why I disagree with most of your baseless correlations and socially backwards positions you espouse during your inane rants.

It's a common thread in pretty much every liberal and foreign-sourced post about America that we're ignorant, and the American south is usually the whipping post. They never actually state why a nation that is a) generally more diverse b) allows way more immigration c) has been so successful the entire world uses its currency as its reserve and d) manufactures large swaths of political, business, and cultural thought throughout the world and has for centuries can in any way be described as ignorant.
Here, let me help explain why they're perceived as ignorant: They have a history of making laws openly persecuting minorities, they have a history of being obscenely stubborn when adopting progressive measures like equality, they are largely Christian and therefore have a book they call holy guiding them into refusing other peoples worldviews (while treating others in a way that would make Jesus cry), the social views they vote for bring this country back decades, they lobby for creationism to be taught in schools but throw a tantrum when sex-ed is brought up, they lobby against "big government" when in reality all of the tax money comes from the north and goes to them, they shut down school proms rather than let a lesbian student couple attend, etc etc.

For you to sit there and wonder why the southern US is labelled ignorant is baffling.

If our defense budget were the size of our unfunded liabilities we could stay at war in Iraq and Afghanistan approximately forever.
Our "defense" budget is already 3 times larger than the next highest country, and we already have more nuclear weapons than all of our enemies combined. And by the looks of it, we probably will be in Iraq and Afghanistan forever.

So in summary, yes, America is the best. Period. No one on earth believes that every country is equal to every other. Not a single person lambasting America would want to live in a nation in the Middle East. Not a single one would want to live under the thumb of the Chinese. Not a single one would prefer living anywhere under an oppressive dictator, from Cuba to North Korea to Venezuela. Not if they had a choice.
Not a single one would want to live under the horrible socialistic conditions of Canada and Western Europe. Oh, wait.

You want freedom, and you want the chance to make your own way. America has offered just such an opportunity since it's inception and continues to this day. We try to make laws that keep the burden of the government light and protect only our own citizens.
You say this like other countries can't offer the same opportunities, which is why you come off as ignorant. Have you ever been out of this country? The US is actually a shithole because we don't invest in infrastructure anymore.

You are of course, free to disagree. The question is: If you agreed with me and stated it openly in your nation, for how long would your government let you do it? Not a problem where I come from.
In most nations, indefinitely. Contrary to your belief, the world outside of America isn't filled with insane Naziesque dictators.

And disagreeing with you would actually be a problem in the US. Have you ever heard of a "free speech zone"?

No, I am stating the actual fact that higher percentages of minorities statistically raise crime rates and dropout rates alike.
That's a correlation at best, and since race is generally a touchy subject you shouldn't be acting surprised at the responses you're getting. You're saying it like it's an established fact that if you surround yourself with enough minorities, your community is going into the shitter. And that from both experience and common sense isn't true.

Why did those leaders fly to America for treatment if the standing argument is that our healthcare is inferior?
You keep parroting cancer research as if that's the only ailment people get. And nobody is arguing that rich people can't get good health care in America, we're arguing that most Americans can't get good health care in America (and that treatments they can afford could be gotten cheaper in other countries)

I was mildly trolling on the liberal schoolteachers bit, but I can assert that liberals assert equally stupid subjects like "age-approriate sexual education" for schools where kids aren't even proficient in math and english.
Imagine that, kids learning two things at once. Maybe if you supported sex-ed you wouldn't have to complain about the abortions teenage girls have to get.

If America is regressing into a state of shit it's because our priorities are all fucked up. We're in debt up to our ass and our government from 2008-2010 tried to fix it by creating a brand new unfunded entitlement meant to bring us socilized medicine like the non-regressed industrial nations.
You mean, they created a system that forces every American to be exploited by insurance companies instead of just most of us. I don't like it just as much as you, but for wayyyy different reasons.

And we probably wouldn't be in a state of shit if your boy GB didn't start two wars while passing trillion dollar tax cuts (only for the wealthy) without cutting spending.

I was mildly trolling on the liberal schoolteachers bit, but I can assert that liberals assert equally stupid subjects like "age-approriate sexual education" for schools where kids aren't even proficient in math and english.
If teenagers can't handle Sexual Education, Maths, Science and English at the same time then they're pretty much fucked - good teachers or bad, school isn't exactly difficult for anyone who actually goes with the intent of learning anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)