Hydreigon

You're not really going to run into any Haxorus anytime soon though. As long as you don't fall below the next speed tier, you should be fine. You can always move EVs from other stats into SpAtk anyway if you're missing some vital KOs on those, but you're not close to any significant speed tier/ physical KO.
Hmmm i haven't been in SMOGON long enough to know what a speed tier is =/ would you bee so kind to explain me please?

Also, i tried moving EVs once but failed miserably...

I'm supposed to use the EV lowering berries and then the medicines right? I did that but i got the "it won't have any effect". (I perfectly remember that the stat i wanted didn't have full EVs so it should have worked)

Thanks for the reply.

Specs Saz despite many people's ranting is actualy quite legit in my experience. That typing can be abused and that is one of the defining factor beetwen him and latios.
He also have Fire Blast etc. Sub set is also very insane.

BTW Pringles is a bitch when facing this guy. DM doesnt 2HKO ? cmon

Because of all the disscussions around the speed EV's for hydreigon, heere is a post in this tpoic explaining the right investment:

This is my reasoning as well, since I run Modest with some HP to capitalize on its decent bulk.

Lucario: Does not really run +Spe ever anymore since all of its sets run priority or Agility. And since Gliscor are slow nowadays, there is even less reason to worry about it - Modest with enough for 280 is all Hydreigon needs.

Haxorus: Not seen enough to merit consideration, IMO, but I guess you could consider it. Point for Timid.

Roserade: Can't really do anything to Hydreigon regardless.

Rotom: Wash form is either a slow bulkier variant or runs Scarf, so Modest is better.

Darmanitan: Point for Timid, though it likes Scarf as well.

Krookodile: Doesn't have the coverage options to deal with Hydreigon and runs Scarf anyway.

Excadrill: Unseen outside of sand.

Kingdra: Anyone using Kindgra will have rain up, so it is a bit of a moot point.

Heracross: I can't remember the last time I saw one of these, and even then the only sets that run Jolly are running Scarf. Then Gliscor is the best check for it in the game so it is easy to handle.

64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe is the way to go. Maximum power, all the speed you need, and the HP let's it take things like Conkeldurrs +1 Mach Punch.

Outrage isn't needed for Jellicent if you're running Dark Pulse, which 2HKO's as well. All that's really stopping you completely then is Chansey and Blissey, who you can easily pack a Fighting-type for.

Wait, so can this guy really 2HKO Jellicent and Blissey and Chansey ,using Outrage without any physical investment and a naive nature?
apparently. If Blissey and jellicent are your only worries, then knock yourself out with no ATK investment. Although, I would like to find out how many EV's it would take to OHKO jellicent, as it can weaken sazandora with ice beam...

Starmie can't OHKO Hydreigon with Ice Beam, so I'm doubtful that Jellicent will be able to do much significant damage with it. Hydreigon will almost always come out of a Jellicent encounter alive.

Because it sucks. Conkledurr handles Blissey and Chansey well. Jellicent is 2HKOed by Dark Pulse, anyways, so Outrage has little to no point on Hydreigon.

Wait! If Outrage has so much potential, then why isn't it more common?
Because Taunt effectively stops Blissey/Chansey and Jellicent cold, forcing them to use their attacks, which are Seismic Toss for Blissey and Chansey (or Ice Beam/ Flamethrower in Blissey's case), and Scald for Jellicent (and the occasional Ice Beam). Neither Blissey nor Jellicent run special attack EVs, so a 2x super effective Ice Beam won't deal major pain, although you would likely switch to an appropriate counter, as would they since being locked into attack moves usually isn't a good idea for them. Anyways, it allows to not sacrifice any bulk defensively, or risk locking yourself in with Outrage. Also Dark Pulse provides little coverage outside of Jellicent and Reuniclus, since dragon covers everything neutrally except steel, so that's why Dark Pulse isn't more common, despite also having STAB. You also have U-Turn scout for Blissey/Chansey and Jellicent, which can let you get the jump on them immediately if any of those is their primary switch-in to your Hydreigon.

Yes, you're right. But now that I fiannaly got dark pulse on my hydreigon, I will keep it on my LO set.

does this seem a good set?
Surf
Dragon pulse
dark pulse
flamethrower

Thanks in advance

Because of all the disscussions around the speed EV's for hydreigon, heere is a post in this tpoic explaining the right investment:
OK after reading that i'm kinda depressed... should i make another Hydreigon? But modest? Or is a mixed Hasty Hydreigon also good?

I think both fit their role. Mixed is better in taking out common special walls, while modest LO just does more special damage. Naïve may be an option.

If the Iv's are the same the needed ev's for speed to get the same amount:
modest with 192 Spd=hasty/naïve with 152
if my calcs are correct. In this case, you can dump more into attack to get the neede Outrage OHKO's

I think both fit their role. Mixed is better in taking out common special walls, while modest LO just does more special damage. Naïve may be an option.

If the Iv's are the same the needed ev's for speed to get the same amount:
modest with 192 Spd=hasty/naïve with 152
if my calcs are correct. In this case, you can dump more into attack to get the neede Outrage OHKO's
So Hydreigon doesn't need to be speedy at all? I'll be running LO on mine so maybe i won't need to invest more on attack i guess. I'm using Crunch to deal with Jellicent and Reuniclus as i couldn't get Dark Pulse, and i've had some pretty decent results.

Not really. As in that large quote I posted, the extra speed only outspeeds easy targets or commonly used scarfers. So in other words, it doesn't bother. Some of them are sill faster, while others only try to harm you, until you OHKO or 2HKO them

So, would a set like this suck?
Naive (252 SPA/252 Speed/4 Attack) @ Life Orb
Outrage/Fire Blast/Draco Meteor/U-Turn
It looks like it could tear up anything but Heatran!

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

I love this set so much, Hydreigon is easily my favorite pokemon to use right now. It isn't quite as good as Latios, but it does have an easier time beating Steels, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar. Bluffing Choice helps with this set's effectiveness.

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Focus Blast

I love this set so much, Hydreigon is easily my favorite pokemon to use right now. It isn't quite as good as Latios, but it does have an easier time beating Steels, Ferrothorn, and Tyranitar. Bluffing Choice helps with this set's effectiveness.
I use the same set as this but mine's Hasty and has Surf instead of Dark Pulse

They key edge Latios has over Hydreigon is speed, and that can make all the difference.
Actually, speed does make all the difference. Without a Scarf, Hydreigon can't hope to KO Latios before it KOs him, unless the player using Latios makes some kind of dumb mistake.

But a set without a scarf is really effective because it's surprising and powerful, with the ability to switch moves. But instead of Expert Belt, I would go with Lum Berry just because status is so terrible :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)