Battle Subway

Would someone be able to post the Pokémon listed by speed or post speed tiers (for the subway)? I know someone did it for DPPtHGSS and it would be awesome so I can find out how many EV's I need to run for my Drizzle team

I just lost in Super Singles at 102 wins. Was using a pokeshifted team of Machamp (Lum Berry + 4 attacks), CB Scizor, and SD Garchomp (Life Orb).

My team had a really big Flying weakness so I think I'll replace Scizor with Scarf Tyranitar.

Currently working on a new BS team, because I need a good team to get me those hold items (I still think it sucks you can't at least get a single choice band/scarf/spec, life orb, etc. in the main game -.- )

Nidoking@life orb (eventually)
Modest
Sheer Force
Earth Power
Flamethrower
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

Sheer coverage and power.

Chansey@eveolite
Bold
Natural Cure
Toxic
Seismic toss
Wish
Protect

Standard Chansey, to tank whatever special attacker might immediately threaten Nidoking.

And I'm not sure about the third one, initially I thought:
Vaporeon@leftovers
Bold
Water Absorb
Scald
Ice beam
Wish
Protect

Another defensive pokemon to take on the defensive spectrum, whilst being able to heal other members.

But that leaves me with overly annoying double team spammer and other stat boost shenanigans to deal with.

So perhaps:
Quagsire@leftovers
Relaxed
Unaware
Earthquake
Scald
Yawn
Recover

Let them boost all they want, it won't matter to Quagsire. And it still takes the physical crap Chansey struggles with.

Opinions?

Only using gen 5 stuff so made a whole new set of pokemans this time around, still grinding BP for items but so far I have a 56 streak in the super singles.

Leading with Togekiss @ Razor claw(the one that increases flinch chance)
timid nature, serene grace

air slash
aura sphere
thunder wave
flamethrower

Ferrothorn @ leftovers
iron barbs

toxic
protect
thunder wave
power whip

Hydreigon @ life orb
modest/levitate

dark pulse
surf
draco meteor
dragon pulse

basically strategy is leading with togekiss as a bulky sweeper that has full speed EVs so it outspeeds pretty much anything that isnt a sweeper, so i can focus on just hitting walls/other stuff. any sweeper gets an instant thunder wave. If the other team leads with eletric/ice stab i switch in ferrothorn. doubles as a toxic wall, and if they are immune I just thunder wave them too instead, any fire stab users I switch in togekiss(cant afford any damage on hydreigon)

then after all is said and done 0 ev speed trained hydreigon comes in and mops up what is left of the paralyzed foes, hasn't let me done so far. Closest I came to losing was vs an umbreon that spammed calm mind while ferrothorn was out and power whip kept missing. he died to toxic before he could ohko hydreigon though

new here btw, so hi all :)

I need help with a third Pokemon for Super Singles.

Right now I am using:

Volcarona@Expert Belt (will be Life Orb when I get it)
Timid
Flame Body

Flamethrower (will be Fiery Dance when I get to 100)
Bug Buzz
Psychic (my Hidden Power is Flying on this guy, any better move besides Psychic?)
Quiver Dance

This is my lead, if its something I can setup on ill do a Quiver Dance or two. If its something I can OHKO but possibly has a rock move ill just go right for an attack. If its something I can't do anything to i switch to one of my other 2 pokes.

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Sassy
Iron Barb

Leech Seed
Power Whip
Thunder Wave
Stealth Rock

This thing can wall pretty much anything except EQ users/Fire/Fighting types.

Carracosta@Splash Plate
Careful
Sturdy

Aqua Jet
Rock Slide
Crunch
Curse

OK, this was my ingame Carracosta so that's why it has a garbage nature and its EVs are all over the place so I need to replace this guy. He has actually served me quite well getting a bunch of revenge kills with Aqua Jet but I know I can do better with a good natured/EV trained Poke.

The main problem with my team is it gets wrecked by Fighting types. If my Volcarona can't OHKO or get them into Aqua Jet kill range its game over for me because Carra/Ferro can't go up against Fighting types. Sturdy Sawk has been really causing me problems because it basically forces me to sacrifice a Pokemon to kill it.

So I have thought of a few options, ScarfMence, Flying Gem Archeops, or Shell Break Carracosta with proper nature/EVs. Whatever I choose will be my lead because I don't really like having Volc as my lead.

The main problem with my team is it gets wrecked by Fighting types. If my Volcarona can't OHKO or get them into Aqua Jet kill range its game over for me because Carra/Ferro can't go up against Fighting types. Sturdy Sawk has been really causing me problems because it basically forces me to sacrifice a Pokemon to kill it.

So I have thought of a few options, ScarfMence, Flying Gem Archeops, or Shell Break Carracosta with proper nature/EVs. Whatever I choose will be my lead because I don't really like having Volc as my lead.
I don't have many good experiences with my volcorona in the subway. It suffers when put in a 3 members team.
It likes to set up against something which can't touch it, and it doesn't get much chance to do so.

It's very useful to have a sturdy pokemon to block OHKO, and either an unaware pokemon, or one sporting always hitting moves (scizor/salamence with AA eg). My team is currently lacking the sturdy, and I'm gonna pay the price eventually I'm sure.

Salamence could be a good lead (give it aerial ace too though). I assume a mold breaker Haxorus, with choice scarf, could be a good lead too, as it has monstrous attack, good speed with scarf, and ignores things like sturdy and levitate.

It's very useful to have a sturdy pokemon to block OHKO, and either an unaware pokemon, or one sporting always hitting moves (scizor/salamence with AA eg). My team is currently lacking the sturdy, and I'm gonna pay the price eventually I'm sure.
Actually, Double Team and Minimize are very rare on Subway sets if I'm not mistaken

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
There are 20 Double Team and 1 Minimize users in the Subway, so evasion is a lot less common this time around, not sure how many it was last time.

There are 20 Double Team and 1 Minimize users in the Subway, so evasion is a lot less common this time around, not sure how many it was last time.
Oh, well for all I care that's still 21 too many. My experiences with that cursed Meganium have marked me already :p

Seriously, it only takes 1 to ruin a streak. It's not too hard to prepare for it.

I've been having some decent luck with a lead TyranBoa followed by an Excadrill for sweeping with a Scarf Hydreigon as back up (whom I am thinking of changing to something else just not sure what)

As I have a fairly tough time against Fighting types I am thinking of bring in something like a Sigilyph or Reuniclus.

If you can decide on a decent Octillery set go with that.

Mainly because Octillery has better stats all round (though less base speed).
But I believe it has a wider move pool.

I'll work on some sets ;
I'm thinking maybe a Sub/Status with two attacking moves.

I've come to a decision that some of the AI teams are ridiculous.
(I know this is not new news but nonetheless , what are they thinking)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)