-Fire Fang
-EQ
-Outrage
-Swords Dance

What do you guys think?

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Single, Multi and Double give the same amount.

Normal
1st run: 3 BP
2nd run: 3 BP
3rd run: 10 BP

Super
1st run: 5 BP
2nd run: 6 BP
3rd run: 7 BP
4th run: 8 BP
5th run: 9 BP
6th run: 10 BP
7th run: 30 BP
8th run and onward: 10 BP

What I've heard was the opposite; the in-game NPCs never find out the Illusion (unless it breaks, obviously), but the AI completely ignores the ability in the Battle Subway.
I bred myself a Zorua, leveled and trained it for 'competitive' use and I discovered the following by challenging the super singles:

The AI is fooled by your ability, but knows exactly what your ability is.
Confusing? Let me explain.

I had my Timid Zoruark disguised as Gengar.
Metagross spammed Zen headbutt on me.
Machamp hit me with Payback.
Unfezant hit me with aerial ace.
Staraptor hit me with U-turn (which was bad of course, but it could have used close combat aswel).
Slowbro spammed calm minded psychic on me.
Froslass used shadow ball.
Etc.

Obviously the AI thought of me as a Ghost/Poison type. I haven't been hit by a single normal or fighting move yet.

However
Magmortar hit me with earthquake.
Rhyperior hit me with earthquake.

The AI knows exactly that I do not have levitate.

It makes sense I suppose. So, disguised as a ghost you have 3 'immunities'.
Try to get a type that draws in psychic, dark or ghost, cause it will.

Does this make Zoruark good in the subway? Meh. Even after a nasty plot, it often still lacks the force to take down some of it's threats. And you need 2 out of the 3 pokemon slots to set it up.

Anyway, this should at least explain AI vs Illusion.

What goes good as a team built around Porygon2 in Doubles? Am contemplating a partner with high Sp.Atk such as Chandelure as a partner with a Cell Battery to absorb Discharge, or a Ground-Type to not be affected.

Single, Multi and Double give the same amount.

Normal
1st run: 3 BP
2nd run: 3 BP
3rd run: 10 BP

Super
1st run: 5 BP
2nd run: 6 BP
3rd run: 7 BP
4th run: 8 BP
5th run: 9 BP
6th run: 10 BP
7th run: 30 BP
8th run and onward: 10 BP
I'm sure I'm not the only one eager to know what kind of team(s) you run this Gen.

Also, what's a good Porygon2 team in Singles?
Assuming you mean a 3 attack + Recover Porygon2, well, I'd say almost everything. Porygon2 (especially with the Eviolite) is among those kind of Pokémon which require little support to work. The only possible stops to it come from Fighting Pokémon and Blissey, most likely, so if you really want to select a good team mate for him, looking for someone who can defeat both would be ideal. For Blissey it's kind of easy - any physical attacker will do. For Fighting-types is significantly harder, since they come in many variants, and they often carry Rock and/or Dark moves to cover their usual counters. If you really want to go with a perfect Porygon2 partner, I'd probably choose Spiritomb. Not only it counters almost every Fighting Pokémon out there, it matches up very well against Blissey too. A possible set could be something like this:

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Pressure - Bold nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse

zarator has taken over this thread for the purposes of maintaining records, have fun all!
Yep.

Also, if someone could find some kind of PC where you can see your past record streak like there was in DP I would be very happy (otherwise it'll be kind of difficult to gather proof of finished streaks)

^Your subway records are in the VS Recorder now. Took me a long time to find them too.

Anyway, I just lost after a winning streak of 88. A Trick Room/Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide Bronzong flinchhaxed the crap out of my team (Cloyster/Conkeldurr/Garchomp).

I'm loving Shell Smash Cloyster on the subway, I'm now in the process of building a better team around it.

Describe for me a Doubles team with Porygon2, Cell Battery Chandelure, and maybe a Whimsicott.
This is very hastily put together and probably not worth breeding a team over but nevertheless:

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
TIMID
+Prankster+
-Tailwind
-Light Screen
-Encore
-Protect

Chandelure @ Cell Battery
MODEST
+Flame Body+
-Haze
-Will-o-wisp
-Overheat
-Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
MODEST
+Download+
-Ice Beam
-Discharge
-Psyshock
-Protect

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
ADAMANT
+Sand Veil+
-Swords Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Protect

I don't know the leads yet. Basically sets up for Garchomp or Porygon2 to come in. Garchomp is immune to Discharge while Chandelure (can) benefit from it. All pokemon have Protect to avoid Earthquake or stall while Will-o-wisp kills or just for its general usefulness in 2v2.

I suck at battle subway... I cant even beat the normal singles train.

I got up to the boss who had a special attack Garbodor which I didn't expect at all. It crippled my Weezing with psychic and took down my Lanturn with critical hit focus blast.

He then sent out Klingklang which got hit hard by Arcanine but volt switched into Crustle, I went back to Weezing but got a critical stone edge to the face. Then Crustle EQ'd my Arcanine and it was game over.

Anyway the main question is. Will it be the same guy next time? I think the reason I lost is because I had no idea what was coming.

Also Battle Subway should just be renamed Critical Hit lol.

Assuming you mean a 3 attack + Recover Porygon2, well, I'd say almost everything. Porygon2 (especially with the Eviolite) is among those kind of Pokémon which require little support to work. The only possible stops to it come from Fighting Pokémon and Blissey, most likely, so if you really want to select a good team mate for him, looking for someone who can defeat both would be ideal. For Blissey it's kind of easy - any physical attacker will do. For Fighting-types is significantly harder, since they come in many variants, and they often carry Rock and/or Dark moves to cover their usual counters. If you really want to go with a perfect Porygon2 partner, I'd probably choose Spiritomb. Not only it counters almost every Fighting Pokémon out there, it matches up very well against Blissey too. A possible set could be something like this:

Spiritomb @ Leftovers
Pressure - Bold nature
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
But just one Dark-type move is bad against Fighting.

Anyway, for my dubs team, my Whimsicott:

Jolly Whimsicott
Light Clay
252 HP - 4 SpD - 252 Spe
Helping Hand
Tailwind
Light Screen
Memento

And Chandelure will have Flash Fire, Heat Wave, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, and Energy Ball.

^Your subway records are in the VS Recorder now. Took me a long time to find them too.

Anyway, I just lost after a winning streak of 88. A Trick Room/Zen Headbutt/Rock Slide Bronzong flinchhaxed the crap out of my team (Cloyster/Conkeldurr/Garchomp).

I'm loving Shell Smash Cloyster on the subway, I'm now in the process of building a better team around it.
Could you make a more organic post including your team and (possibly) a screenshot of your record? So I can include it in the OP^^

@Torchic Blaziken: You have little to worry about using Dark Pulse against Fighting mons when you can easily set up on them and get up to +6

Started doing it tonight to try and save up for the Explosion TM, but got haxed with a crit Solarbeam from a Whimsicott, which took out my Conkeldurr, my only pokemon not weak to grass.

I brought along a Samurott, a Conkeldurr and a Gigalith. Sort of okay, but nothing great in terms of actually trying to get records or anything.

Still, the Subway is proving to be just as hazy as the Tower before it.

I'm surprised more people aren't using Haxorus. It works pretty much exactly like SD Chomp did in the Battle Tower, with three exceptions.

It uses DD instead of SD, as an Adamant nature boosts its attack significantly which you'll need since its EQs don't have STAB, and after a DD it outspeeds everything anyway. It has Taunt to stop DT/status and it isn't x4 weak to Ice which means it can actually survive Ice moves.

Outrage got boosted this Gen which makes sweeping even easier and Mold Breaker is actually very relevant as it bypasses Sturdy and lessens the reliance on Outrage against Levitators.

I'm surprised more people aren't using Haxorus. It works pretty much exactly like SD Chomp did in the Battle Tower, with three exceptions.

It uses DD instead of SD, as an Adamant nature boosts its attack significantly which you'll need since its EQs don't have STAB, and after a DD it outspeeds everything anyway. It has Taunt to stop DT/status and it isn't x4 weak to Ice which means it can actually survive Ice moves.

Outrage got boosted this Gen which makes sweeping even easier and Mold Breaker is actually very relevant as it bypasses Sturdy and lessens the reliance on Outrage against Levitators.
And what item would you give to Haxorus? A life orb? Focus Sash?

Any suggestions on teammates for this Shell Smash Cloyster? I'm intending on it being a lead in this vile subway.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Skill Link
4 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
~Icicle Spear
~Rock Blast
~Razor Shell (Hydro Pump was not working for me at all)
~Shell Smash

^ Garchomp and Chandelure would work well with Cloyster, covering each others weaknesses.

Currently using Volcarona, Excadrill, and Serperior to good success in Singles Train. We'll see how long I can go before getting haxed :D

But just one Dark-type move is bad against Fighting.

Anyway, for my dubs team, my Whimsicott:

Jolly Whimsicott
Light Clay
252 HP - 4 SpD - 252 Spe
Helping Hand
Tailwind
Reflect
Light Screen

And Chandelure will have Flash Fire, Heat Wave, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, and Energy Ball.
Whimsicott cannot learn Reflect, unfortunately, a fact I have lamented many times including during my own Doubles team construction.

And in response to what you quoted, I don't see Recover as being a very viable move in 2v2, although the other moves I think are apt for Porygon2.

^ Garchomp and Chandelure would work well with Cloyster, covering each others weaknesses.
Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Adamant
Skill Link
4 Hp | 252 Atk | 252 Spe
~Icicle Spear
~Rock Blast
~Razor Shell (Hydro Pump was not working for me at all)
~Shell Smash

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Modest
Flash Fire
4 Hp | 252 SpAtk | 252 Spe
~Flamethrower
~Shadow Ball
~Psychic
~Energy Ball

Ok, and an example of the aforementioned Garchomp? Any others besides Chomp?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)