Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing around some team ideas, since I heard this was the place for that.

-Deoxys-S

One of the best leads around, I would like entry hards up since Azumarill forces quite a bit of switches. If you have a better suggestion for a lead, please suggest one.

-Politoed

Politoed sets up rain, and being a scarf varait can rip hole through teams. Although I am up for a defensive variant if needed.

-Azumarill

In the rain, it just rapes. Problem is I already used 3 slots, 2 of which have the same type. Its hard to come back from that. And thats there the rest of my team comes. I think I need help here the most.

-Magnezone/Ferrothorn

Something to take electric and grass attacks. Magnezone is great to take down ferrothorns, but hidden power fire in the rain is iffy. Ferrothorn is a solid defensive type if needed. I tryied some grass types here and they did not work well at all.

-Weezing or Gengar or Crobat

Hilarious they all do that same thing, take ground and fighting hits for Magnezone/ferrothorn. I am leaning move on Weezing to be honest, since Gengar is meh is then gen. And Crobat seems gimmicky.

-No clue

For this last slot I am kinda lost. I want to have another sweeper here but usually they outright fail with onl 2 pokemon behind there back defending. In the past I have tried Tornados and Latias with little success. I want to add another defense pokemon here but have no clue about it.

To be honest I am not sure at all about the last 3 pokemon. Suggestions for them are greatly appreciated.
I would suggest putting Latios and Tornadus in the last two slots, as they are both powerful sweepers and Tornadus can spam Gale with no worries thanks to rain. If you need more secific advice, post your full team with EVs, items, natures, movesets, etc. in the Rate My Team section, though you will need to at least have all six slots on your team filled by then, although you would still be able to get suggestions for switching out pokemon.

I'm new to 5th Gen and I want to start making a team. It'll be for 5th Gen pokemon ONLY singles battle.

Currently I would like to have:
Whimsicott - lead annoyer
Ferrothorn/Jelicent - Defensive Core
Conkledurr - Bulk Up

What would 2 more pokemon that would complement my other team members and cover weaknesses? Any suggestions?

Does someone have a perfect ditto they would clone for me? If you can on 4th gen and would clone two (so I can move one to 5th gen), that would be amazing!

I don't really have anything to offer in return for your help except my gratitude.

Ive been nature and iv breeding Reuniculus (is the plural "Reniculi"?) for a while now and its turning into a real annoyance. So I'm trying to pick out my best options for a Trick Room set: I've narrowed it down to Modest with super HP iv's and Quiet with super SpD iv's. Which one should i go with

Ive been nature and iv breeding Reuniculus (is the plural "Reniculi"?) for a while now and its turning into a real annoyance. So I'm trying to pick out my best options for a Trick Room set: I've narrowed it down to Modest with super HP iv's and Quiet with super SpD iv's. Which one should i go with
Go with Quiet. It's better for Trick Room, and SpD is still really useful on it, as its Def and HP are just fine as is.

Hey, I was wondering how Mincinno/Cincinno learns Rock Blast and Bulletseed. I have a Mincinno in Black version and it doesn't know either of the moves.

On both Bulbapedia and Serebii's pokedex, Turtwig and it's evolutions aren't listed as parents that can pass down Stealth Rock to Ferroseed.

Yet Ekans is listed as a parent that can pass down Dark Pulse to Deino.

Both conditions are the same, both are moves that said parents can only learn in the 4th generation and must be imported to breed in the 5th generation.

Why is this? Are their pokedex's incomplete? Isn't whether a pokemon can learn an egg move based on the game's list of what the egg moves are for a pokemon rather than whether the parent can pass on the egg move?

tl;dr Can a male Turtwig w/ Stealth Rock pass on the move to a Ferroseed offspring as an egg move? If not, why when Ekans can pass on Dark Pulse to Deino.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys, a question concerning breeding in B/W. Okay, so I was breeding, I save in front of the day care man in Route 3 before taking the egg, no Everstone used, I take the egg, & hatch it, good nature, but crap IV's, so I Soft Reset. I get the egg again, hatch it, but it was a different nature than the first...How does that work? Explanation?

Hey guys, a question concerning breeding in B/W. Okay, so I was breeding, I save in front of the day care man in Route 3 before taking the egg, no Everstone used, I take the egg, & hatch it, good nature, but crap IV's, so I Soft Reset. I get the egg again, hatch it, but it was a different nature than the first...How does that work? Explanation?
In the 5th generation, nature, ability, and IVs are not determined when the egg is generated by the day-care man.

I know this is pretty shitty and stuff, but please.. Is someone that kind enough to find my SID? :D If so, here is my ID.. 24737.. Btw, speaking of SID, I just remembered.. RNG abuse still works in B/W?

Need help choosing a lead

I was told yesterday that my Azelf lead isn't good for 5G. I have no clue what lead to use now and if the use of stealth rock or spikes is as important as in 4G since not many Pokemon can learn it since it is no longer a TM. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 5G lead and what it can do? My team is
Accelgor
Hydreigon
Mienshao
Starmie
Darmanitan
Thanks

I was told yesterday that my Azelf lead isn't good for 5G. I have no clue what lead to use now and if the use of stealth rock or spikes is as important as in 4G since not many Pokemon can learn it since it is no longer a TM. Does anyone have any suggestions for a 5G lead and what it can do? My team is
Accelgor
Hydreigon
Mienshao
Starmie
Darmanitan
Thanks
Actually in your team, there are already 3 good pokemon that can do well in the lead position:

Accelgor: Spiker/U-Turn/Death Gambit/filler @Focus Sash (HP/Spe

Fast lead, usually able to get at least 2 layers of spikes up OR kill the opponent's lead

Mienshao: Fake Out/U-Turn/HJK/filler @Life Orb(Atk/Spe)

standard scout. With Regeneration the Life Orb recoil should be negated

Hydreigon(my personal favourite) : Surf/Flamethrower/Dragon Pulse/Dark Pulse @Life Orb (Sp.A/Spe)

I love that Hydreigon. You can also make it Mixed with U-Turn and Crunch over Surf and Dark Pulse.

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
On both Bulbapedia and Serebii's pokedex, Turtwig and it's evolutions aren't listed as parents that can pass down Stealth Rock to Ferroseed.

Yet Ekans is listed as a parent that can pass down Dark Pulse to Deino.

Both conditions are the same, both are moves that said parents can only learn in the 4th generation and must be imported to breed in the 5th generation.

Why is this? Are their pokedex's incomplete? Isn't whether a pokemon can learn an egg move based on the game's list of what the egg moves are for a pokemon rather than whether the parent can pass on the egg move?

tl;dr Can a male Turtwig w/ Stealth Rock pass on the move to a Ferroseed offspring as an egg move? If not, why when Ekans can pass on Dark Pulse to Deino.
Turtwig can pass SR to Ferroseed. Think about what's possible before believing in such websites. Though they must have forgot about it or something.

Alright so after a lot of thought, I have decided to become a breeder this generation. Just a few simple questions about breeding. For those of you that breed, do you really find it much more rewarding when that pokemon is lvl 100 and battling on your team? I feel like I am missing out on a huge segment of the game when i would previously pokesav my teams. Another thing for current breeders, does it annoy you to spend hours breeding your pokemon just to battle someone online that prolly obviously pokesav'd their team 30 min before they logged on?

If there is a better place for me to ask this question, then send me there. Thank you.

Turtwig can pass SR to Ferroseed. Think about what's possible before believing in such websites. Though they must have forgot about it or something.
Normally, they'll only show the simplest options; if a potential parent can get a move by chain breeding and a different potential parent has it as a level up move, they generally only show the level up move parent in the summary. (And they never seem to show Smeargle.)

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to ask this here (infract at your leisure if I'm not), but:
Was Shaymin-S' preliminary ban from the rough start tier things a preemptive ban or does it have a chance to land in OU? I'm asking because it's a perfect fit in some of my teams as a sweeper, and the SubSeed tactic landing it in Ubers is a big setback.

I'm quite sure it was OU initially and got kicked to Ubers later. Same with Darkrai. Don't ask what they were thinking, Darkrai in OU, what?

In that case, is there any way I can try to argue Shaymin-S into OU? I can see a few points that could make it easily counterable, so I'd like to try and convince someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)