Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?

I was trying to rng abuse my SID/ID combo on my platinum version but everytime when I hit the A button to start the game and check the ID, the Pandora box show the delay of SID/ID combo that I hit.

Am I suppose to start the game before the 5 or 3 seconds on the pikatimer reach zero?

Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to breed a cleffa\clefariy on emerald that will get the magic guard ability when transferred to a fourth generation game?

Hello, I'm wondering if there is a way to breed a cleffa\clefariy on emerald that will get the magic guard ability when transferred to a fourth generation game?
Yes. The fourth gen games check upon evolution whether the ability might change. So if you migrate your Clefairy, and evolve it on DPPtHGSS the ability might change to Magic Guard.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you use a frame in Emerald that gives Clefairy the second possible Ability (Ability 1 not Ability 0), then it should change to magic guard. Even though both abilities are Cute Charm on Emerald, I believe the fourth gen game uses this information when calculating whether to change the nature or not.

I have done this successfully with some Pokemon, using the Ability # in Emerald that corresponds to the new Ability I want in 4th gen, then evolving after I pal park. Not sure it's 100% scientific, but there's my 2 cents.

Cassie

giant claw
Can someone tell me what am I doing wrong?

I was trying to rng abuse my SID/ID combo on my platinum version but everytime when I hit the A button to start the game and check the ID, the Pandora box show the delay of SID/ID combo that I hit.

Am I suppose to start the game before the 5 or 3 seconds on the pikatimer reach zero?
No. For platinum the ID is chosen after you click out of the TV. You don't need to hit it a certain amount of time before. Just click A to exit the TV screen at the end of the timer.

No. For platinum the ID is chosen after you click out of the TV. You don't need to hit it a certain amount of time before. Just click A to exit the TV screen at the end of the timer.
Okay. But why does the pandora box keep saying that I'm hitting the wrong seconds and the wrong delay over and over agian everytime I click A on the tv screen at the end of the timer? =/

Maybe because either my ds or the platinum is becoming a piece of junk. :(

And also, does anyone know how to rng abuse in the safari zone on HG/SS?

I wanted to learn how to rng abuse in the safari zone so I can capture my own safari pokemon.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
And also, does anyone know how to rng abuse in the safari zone on HG/SS?

I wanted to learn how to rng abuse in the safari zone so I can capture my own safari pokemon.
I've never done it, but I'm pretty sure it's like regular wild Pokemon abuse except there are no encounter slots.

Does anyone know if any research has been done on RNGing the trainer ID/SID in Emerald? I've searched but haven't found any data on it, and was wondering if it is possible like in 4th gen.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Does anyone know if any research has been done on RNGing the trainer ID/SID in Emerald? I've searched but haven't found any data on it, and was wondering if it is possible like in 4th gen.
You can't RNG ID/SID in .savs. You have to make a lot of .savs for a good spread.

RNG mespirit

Hi. I'm familiar with this RNG stuff and I want to RNG the 3 legendaries: uxie, azelf and mespirit. Now I understand that to RNG these pkmn I need to know my initial delay and time and for that I need to find the IVs of ATLEAST one pokemon above lvl 50. So my question is that can I perfectly find out the IVs of a pokemon below lvl 50 without using gameshark or lots of rare candies?
PS: I can't catch a >lvl 50 pkmn because I need to get the national dex to access the area where lvl 50+ pkmn are found and I want to RNG these 3 last legendaries before I obtain the national dex...
So pls help me out here. Or should I just leave these 3 and RNG the rest after obtaining the national dex? :s

Hi. I'm familiar with this RNG stuff and I want to RNG the 3 legendaries: uxie, azelf and mespirit. Now I understand that to RNG these pkmn I need to know my initial delay and time and for that I need to find the IVs of ATLEAST one pokemon above lvl 50. So my question is that can I perfectly find out the IVs of a pokemon below lvl 50 without using gameshark or lots of rare candies?
PS: I can't catch a >lvl 50 pkmn because I need to get the national dex to access the area where lvl 50+ pkmn are found and I want to RNG these 3 last legendaries before I obtain the national dex...
So pls help me out here. Or should I just leave these 3 and RNG the rest after obtaining the national dex? :s
W/O Ar or candy, no.

There is a long and tidious way around this. You can prepare to do the initial calibrations,

where you set your ds to a external clock
start the game, and then
reset when it become the next minute (repeat here)
quickly enter the game
and capture a poke.

Repeat this set about 10 times for good measures while making notes on the time/date you enter the game.

once did the steps about 6-10 times ask someone on smogon for an IV battle, where you have a lv 100 online battle. You will then record the stats of your lv 100 pokes and input them in the rngreporter seed finder, stats. Input all stats and make of note of the seconds and delay. The most common sec and delay found is your calibrated sec and delay.

On a easier note, you can use one of ToastPlusone timer and just input the delay as 600 and sec as 14 and just adjust accordingly.

Can someone help me understand encounter slots? I'm aiming for a ditto on frame 24 method k no synch, encounter slot 9 with 3 roamers. So if my math is correct I have 24-3(roamers)-9(encounter slot)= 12 advances, well when I did that I ended up with Frame 19 Drowzee. Am I misunderstanding encounters slots?

W/O Ar or candy, no.

There is a long and tidious way around this. You can prepare to do the initial calibrations,

where you set your ds to a external clock
start the game, and then
reset when it become the next minute (repeat here)
quickly enter the game
and capture a poke.

Repeat this set about 10 times for good measures while making notes on the time/date you enter the game.

once did the steps about 6-10 times ask someone on smogon for an IV battle, where you have a lv 100 online battle. You will then record the stats of your lv 100 pokes and input them in the rngreporter seed finder, stats. Input all stats and make of note of the seconds and delay. The most common sec and delay found is your calibrated sec and delay.

On a easier note, you can use one of ToastPlusone timer and just input the delay as 600 and sec as 14 and just adjust accordingly.
Thanks alot man. That actually makes alot of sense. :)
Btw what is this toastplusone time you talked about? Can u post the link to it please. I'll check that out too.

So if I want to RNG eggs in DPPt, I basically need a ton of rare candies, or to level the Pokes myself up to level 50 to check the IVs? No other (non-hacking) way around it, right?
If you know the seed(have two parents and are aiming for a specified spread) then no you only need to level it up to about 5 or so via rare candies. Use MetalKid's IV calculator and use the level progression to narrow it down, then simply see what frame you hit(assuming you hit your delay).

I hope that makes sense.

After rereading I decided an example might help:

I was going for a Flawless Lapras with these parents:

29/30/20/31/31/7 and 29/16/20/17/21/31 and using RNG Reporter I got this:
Seed:991402D3
Delay:712
Frame:10
4/30/2011 20:19:14

So I had calibrated before this and found that my starting frame(due to NPC's) was between 2-6. When I first hit my delay I did 4 journal flips(assuming my starting frame was 2 and then talked to the delivery man. The IV's at level 5 were on Frame 12(I was able to deduce this based on my 8 frame advances and knowing that the NPC's had never pushed me above frame 6 therefore giving me a range of 8-14 on possible frames I could have hit). So next time I hit my delay I did 3 journal flips and got my final result.

31/31/31/A/A/B

Oh, so I only need to level it up to 5 to get an accurate reading? That was my question, thank you. I have 7 rare candies I think, so that actually narrows down the amount of work I thought I would have to do.

Because I thought while calibrating you need to get your hatched egg to like level 50 to get a reading of the frame.

With Level 5 you can narrow it down which frame you hit between a small number of frames, which based on my own calibration is between 4 frames.

I have a small question about a thing that has been bugging me for a while now.

I'm doing some RNG'ing in HG and up until a week ago, it was all fine. I know the formula for frame advancements is ->(RNG advances = Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon) so I was doing that no prob.

Now, I was doing the Arceus event to get one of each of the the 4th gen legendary trio, so I got my giratina using the formula and it was all good (the frame minus one since the roamers in my game are already captured). However, When I was doing both Palkia and Dialga, for some strange reason I had to substract two RNG movements to land on my desired frame. I thought, maybe their monster frame isn't one and just convinced myself it was some silly mistake.

But now I've been breeding some stuff and that extra frame keeps popping up, forcing me to substract two out of every formula I make. So, anyone knows why is my game adding an extra two frames consistently to every RNG that I'm performing? :S

Cheers

I have a small question about a thing that has been bugging me for a while now.

I'm doing some RNG'ing in HG and up until a week ago, it was all fine. I know the formula for frame advancements is ->(RNG advances = Target Frame - Monster Frame - Number of Wandering Pokémon) so I was doing that no prob.

Now, I was doing the Arceus event to get one of each of the the 4th gen legendary trio, so I got my giratina using the formula and it was all good (the frame minus one since the roamers in my game are already captured). However, When I was doing both Palkia and Dialga, for some strange reason I had to substract two RNG movements to land on my desired frame. I thought, maybe their monster frame isn't one and just convinced myself it was some silly mistake.

But now I've been breeding some stuff and that extra frame keeps popping up, forcing me to substract two out of every formula I make. So, anyone knows why is my game adding an extra two frames consistently to every RNG that I'm performing? :S

Cheers
Have you released Entei, Raikou, or Latias in to the wild aka have them roaming around the map.

Hi i have a question.
I RNG a Gastly and i want to know if walking 128 steps in old chetau in(with max repel)will affect the frame?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)