Team Subsect FAIL (Retirng and peaked #12) and Skarmbliss is cheap (Peaked #10)

Introduction
First of all, this is two RMTs in one. The first is the team that uses Shandera that I have used to vote to keep it in OU, and that one technically peaked 16 at the end of the suspect period with 1550 rating, but after the ban, some people just demoted themselves and I got up to #12 with the same rating lol, and I am hiding it to save space. The second team is one that I am using after it got banned, and I managed to squeeze skarmchans in while keeping my core. This one solidily laddered up to #6 at 1602 rating. I play
Team building Process of SubsectFAIL
First, I wanted to use SUB sect because I was bored.

Then, I wanted SR and spikes to secure the KOs of it, and genosect by itself forces many switches. I tested many for this spot, but deoxys-S worked for me.

Also, because my subsect doesn't carry flamethrower, I decided to have shandera to cover its gaps in its coverage.

Because Subsect was kinda slow, I decided to have para support. Dragonite joined my team, and it became my tank.

To handle rain teams and sandstorm teams, I added CM birijiron too.

Because I absolutely hated Latios, I had to add CB ttar.This was my team for like, 2 days.

Later, I noticed that ttar wasn't doing much, so I replaced it with azumarill, who helped a lot against many sandstorm sweepers.

Next, I was suggested replacing Birijiron and Azu with Rotom-W and Gliscor, but gliscor didn't work as well, and because I hated ttar, I used roob instead of gliscor.

The Team

Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4Hp/252 SpA / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psycho Boost
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
Deoxys is my hazard lead. It functions well against most other leads. I was a bit divided over whether to use shadow ball or psycho boost, but I chose psycho boost because it catches so many leads off guard (voltlos and blaze especially) Deoxys prevents rocks from being on the field because my team has 2 SR weaknesses, and sets up rocks to scout for shed shell so Shandera can trap them. Tyranitar is a problem, as I'd have to choose between getting rocks up or preventing rocks from being on the field.

Genosekuto @ Leftovers
Trait: Download
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SAtk / 116 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Sub sect is the star of the show. It needs no boost because of download,and rips teams apart. If I predict the shandera switchin, I can sub up and kill some random pokemon while the shandera switches back. I wonder if this set is underrated? I run enough speed to outspeed breloom and its coverage gaps are handled by Shandera. Even if I don't have shandera, nattorei isn't a problem because I can sub up. I chose this set over all other sets because it has bulk the rock polish boost is useless sometimes, requires less prediction, doesn't get owned by nattorei, and might defeat a poke with a sub intact with para support.

Shandera (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Revenge killer shandera. It helps out with the coverage issues of Genosect and isn't worried by SR thanks to Deoxys. It can revenge politoed and kill lati@s too. The hp is kinda unnecessary because I don't have gliscor problems but its not like hp fighting would do that much to ttar.

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
- Trick
- Pain Split
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
Specs Rotom helps me counter Doryuzu, and rain due to its sheer power and bulk. It does its job kinda horribly though, due to rocks and sandstorm wearing it down without reliable recovery. It basically checks bulky fightings too:it 2KOS roob

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multi-Scale
EVs: 244 HP / 252 SDef / 12 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
Dragonite is my t-wave supporter, mainly so that genosect can get subs easier. It t-waves while it takes a hit due to multi scale, then spams roost until it gets back to full health, then either subs or phases. Its a good poke against bulky waters because some might carry toxic over ice beam, and helps my bulky team.

Roobushin (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
Roobushin was there because I wanted a bulky pokemon, a ttar counter, and a semi dory counter, and a priority (Read:sashed blaze attempting to BP). Basically its most used counter (Gliscor/skarmory/slowbro) gets set up on by genosect or revenged by Shandera.

Threat List
Well, do you think a team with no weather, no gliscor, skarmory, chansey, blissey, and no speed have lots of threats?
Garchomp-Well only Shandera outspeeds it in my core and guess what? It has a yache berry or used yache berry. Seriously it sets up on my whole team.
Salamence-Never let it set up;if it does, have it outrage but it already outspeeds and 1 KOs my whole team after a DD.
Doryuuzu-Well it outspeeds my whole team, and only rotom and maybe roob has a chance of stopping it. By that time I'd be haxed out and these pokes would be weakened by passive damage etc.
Toxicroak-Sets up and sweeps my whole team with subbulkup, especially with the choice locked pokes I have.
SwiftSwim-Basic;If dnites not at full health, I get swept really badly.
Zapdos-KOs my whole team after a +1 and I can beat if only after its weakened and I revenge it with shandy.
Landlos-Same as dory-Rotom is as unreliable as ever with its lack of recovery.
Blaziken-Sweeps after +2 with stone edge unless I have perfect prediction. Nuff said.
Voltlos-See Zapdos

Importable:just cuz
Deoxys-S @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
- Psycho Boost
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
Shandera (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 Spd
- Trick
- Pain Split
- Thunder
- Hydro Pump
Trait: Multiscale
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
Roobushin (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Bulk Up
- Mach Punch
Genosekuto (Genesect) @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 116 Spd
- Substitute
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Now for the real team!

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock
Well I start this team with skarmchans because its one of the most efficient defensive cores this genaration. Basically chansey is my special wall and helps me counter rain offence, voltlos (Which will still beat me up lol), tornadus etc. I decide to give it T-wave over aromatherapy because I wanted it to threaten someone. Stealth rock is an awesome move and it helps conserve moveslots on the rest of the team. For some reason this is my lead temporarily because I can't find anyone better yet.

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off
Slowbro is my defensive wall that is awesome at threatening many pokemon with its nice coverage. It's my fighting counter and semi dory counter. Wondering if I should run psychic on some set to beat fighting types.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
Skarmory is my main defensive wall and phazes out dory, chomp, landlos and other sandstorm sweepers. With Chansey, it forms the infamous skarmchans core. I skarms down I get swept by a lot of stuff.

- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
Dragonite is my t-wave supporter, mainly so that genosect can get subs easier. It t-waves while it takes a hit due to multi scale, then spams roost until it gets back to full health, then either subs or phases. Its a good poke against bulky waters because some might carry toxic over ice beam, and helps my bulky team.

Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
serperior is my special sweeper and subseeder and gives me some reliability to work with. This is mainly to somewhat counter rain, as well as heal my whole team. It is very antimetagame and underrated, and those who resists its STABs will be hit hard by subseed. I don't like how Blaze sets up SDs on it when its not at +4.

- Substitute
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
Sub sect is the star of the show. It needs no boost because of download,and rips teams apart. If I predict the shandera switchin, I can sub up and kill some random pokemon while the shandera switches back. I wonder if this set is underrated? I run enough speed to outspeed breloom and its coverage gaps are handled by Shandera. Even if I don't have shandera, nattorei isn't a problem because I can sub up. I chose this set over all other sets because it has bulk the rock polish boost is useless sometimes, requires less prediction, doesn't get owned by nattorei without gyro ball, and might defeat a poke with a sub intact with para support.
Importable
Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Stealth Rock
Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Slack Off
Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Bug Buzz
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

No you just don't know the set well enough. Nattoreis without gyro ball will never break its subs and gliscor will protect while I sub. It also has this threat level thing.

Is it just me or are there too many RMTs and very few good team raters?

Seeing as this is Dw, you have an epiclly big shandera weakness. Traps five of your pokes, scarfed modest hp ice does 63.2% - 74.6% to your dnite.

Clarification: the team I use with Chandelure not banned is in hide tags. The team I currently use in the PO server is not.
Serperior can subseed and bliss/chans will eventually die from spikes and SR. Modest Scarf shandy lol.

I don't think leech seed is reliable to kill blissey, as you stated yourself you are very weak to stall,
if they also have hazards and rapid spin with a blissey (very common on stall teams) you would have no way of beating it while slowly getting killed yourself by hazards.
Edit: Also it's just preference, but my argument for modest scarf shand > timid is that it is almost the slowest scarfer, you outspeed nothing significant at the base 130 bracket (Jolteon, Aerodactyl and Crobat) since
they aren't common enough to be worth the 10% power. It's really fustrating when you overheat something for 90+% not being able to kill. The only real reason would be to speed tie a +1 Dnite.

ok I can still subseed (Serp heals 25% from it alone and it will be forced to waste a turn recovering) and leaf storm still does considerable damage to bliss/chansthough and geno can hax out with a lot of hazrds support.

The recoil would be minimal, and it does more damage to roob (about half to +0) It loses out on a lot of power too.

No one is noticing my #4 peak. Also Slowbro seems to be deadweight against teams with a bulky water. I should try using kerudo or reuniculus instead probably.

Your skarmbliss team is amazing, and for a good reason. But I see a giant problem: entry hazards, namely toxic spikes. Eventually, toxic spikes will wear serperior, chansey, and slowbro, while dragonite cannot get in for free without losing 1/4 and multi-scale if stealth rocks are up. While chansey is the greatest special wall, it can get hit hard by special attackers like heatran on the switch in and will lose a great deal of HP. And even though it can cure it with natural cure, you usually are switching in chansey to wall. but when you're losing hp at a fast pace, you're wanting to switch out, but who else is going to wall?

While this team is solid, i think you might need a spinner.

And even though serperior is extremely powerful, it doesn't look like it can really do too much to help your team, even with subseed. That would be my pick if I were to take someone out. And you should consider heal bell/aromatherapy if you don't want a spinner. Dragonite already has thunder wave, so you should drop thunder wave on one of them and replace it with dragon dance/coverage move on dragonite or heal bell/aroma on chansey.

No one is noticing my #4 peak. Also Slowbro seems to be deadweight against teams with a bulky water. I should try using kerudo or reuniculus instead probably.
Okay. This quote just gives me an impression of your personality, but I won't go deep into that.

Chansey is your only counter to genesect which I can see currently.
However, people can abuse this knowledge to their advantage, and begin predicting chansey switches and slowly tear apart your team.
This adds to your team's complete weakness to opposing hazards.

I can't propose a spinner, because that would involve the complete changing of your team, so this is just something you should keep in mind.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)