Post Hardcore / Screamo / Hardcore / Deathcore / anythingcore / etc.

I like this thread :D

But yeah some post-hardcore, hardcore, deathcore, etc... bands that I like are..

Of mice and men
Suicide Silence
Asking Alexandria
Born of Osiris
Texas in July
Abandon all Ships
I set my friends on fire
Abacabb
Attack Attack
August Burns Red
Blessthefall
The Devil Wears Prada
I Wrestled a Bear Once
Vanna
Our Last Night
MSWHITE
Miss May I
Bring me the Horizon

Yeah....those are at the top of my head

This thread has been an interesting read so far, totally worth my time. It is funny to see the age gaps between the view of hardcore. I pretty much listen to everything in this thread, but HtheB and Cancer Bats have been my favorites as of late. I'm really surprised The Dillenger Escape Plan hasn't received a mention, their most recent album Option Paralysis is amazing. I also recently found this band by reading Metalsucks.com.

The Armed-Liar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-oiXhmBiHo

It is funny to see the age gaps between the view of hardcore.
I don't know if they're age gaps. I'm 17 and rather than listening to most of the stuff people around my age are listening to (eg. the stuff that Rezon listed) I've kind of been digging back into the early 2000's and getting into Thursday, Circle Takes the Square, Cursive and y'know... just whatever.

Anyway, The Number 12 Looks Like You anyone? I just got Mongrel and my word it's good.

Oh thread of most coolness, I offer thee a juicy 2011 release from Canada's finest proprietors of shred.

Translation: Protest the Hero's newest album, entitled 'Scurrilous', is set for a March 22nd release...

So expect a leak in like 3 days.

Ha.

I've only heard 'Darkness, Oh Hell', and I guess it's alright. Not really something I could get into. Not sure if I'd call it post-hardcore either but I don't think anyone has a perfect definition of any genre.

I've only heard 'Darkness, Oh Hell', and I guess it's alright. Not really something I could get into. Not sure if I'd call it post-hardcore either but I don't think anyone has a perfect definition of any genre.
Yeah, I really loved Darkness, Oh Hell, but I know that that the band has been slowly drifting away from its post-hardcore roots for a while now.

I'm pretty sure their early stuff counts as post-hardcore though. Give it a listen and tell me what you think.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaTjQAj-bCo

Well my name is HardCore so I felt obligated to post here. As far as the main topic they are pretty good. just youtube it and such

I used to be into this crap music that is an ugly mole on music's ass. Then I opened my eyes and realized what real music is. Now I listen to Indie and Dubstep, but if I must post something relating to some of this crap music from time to time I enjoy Four Years Strong.

I used to be into this crap music that is an ugly mole on music's ass. Then I opened my eyes and realized what real music is. Now I listen to Indie and Dubstep, but if I must post something relating to some of this crap music from time to time I enjoy Four Years Strong.
oh, we got another one

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
"Hardcore" > Dubstep.

Meanwhile, I've been listening to Ice Nine Kills. Are my tastes rewinding?

Spreading the love of a local band

http://redbullbedroomjam.com/band/videos/i-creep

Not their best song - search ACODA finding your feet for that.

All these guys are my mates, and the music video was done by another mate o' mine.

EDIT: Also Funeral for a friend are releasing their newest album on 14th and it's currently availble to stream now...

thing is... It's actually good again?

thursday have a new album out? guess i should listen to that .-.

idk this year hasn't been very good for this kind of music, at least from what i've found. Glassjaw - Coloring Book EP was nice, as was Beau Navire - Life Moves (made by Loma Prieta members i think?). both of those were waaaay too short though.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actual hardcore punk is amazing, real screamo is basically dead, and post-hardcore is meh. Circle Takes the Square is my favorite of the actual screamo bands, but there's also Orchid. I like At the Drive-In.

HORSE the Band is metalcore, Scicky. Suicide Silence is deathcore.

Really, the vast, VAST majority of what passes for "hardcore" and "screamo" these days is really shitty post-hardcore/metalcore.
I love at the drive-in.

Yeah, Scurrilous is out now, and it's pretty good. I was expecting more, but it's still pretty awesome. Didn't really have the epic hooks I'd come to expect from PTH.

HORSE the Band is fairly new to me, and I've been loving Mechanical Hand. The Sound of Animals Fighting's The Ocean and the Sun has some pretty hardcore stuff on it, like "The Heraldic Beak of the Manufacturers Medallion". I'm also waiting for the new Underoath release, which I'm kind of apprehensive about after the departure of Aaron. I also just got into Dance Gavin Dance, and I'm a bit on the fence about Thursday and Fear Before.

But the big thing with me lately is THIS:

Fall of Troy is amazing, and one of my favorite bands. This album is my favorite by far. It soars from beautiful melodies to dirtydirty screaming. It has a lot of ambient noise, since they're a prog rock band too, but it's still amazing. I can just listen to this entire album on loop for days.

My favorite hardcore bands:
Between the Buried and Me (incredible singer and hardcore vocalist at the same time, awesome solos)
Emmure (band that got me interested in hardcore, good all-around)
Winds of Plague (manages to fit in with most hardcore bands and still stick out)
Molotov Solution (awesome lyrics)
Iwrestledabearonce (best female hardcore vocalist and also a great singer)
For Today (awesome all-around and a legitimate Christian band [legitimate here meaning not like The Devil Wears Prada])
House vs. Hurricane (deserves much more popularity than it currently has)
Dead by April (other obligatory obscure band)

I think that's the first good thing I've heard about Phantom on the Horizon. :/

Never did like Underoath or DGD

I hated Scurrilous so much actually. <:C

i'm a metalcore person, but i absolutely hate bring me the horizon.

anyways what i listen to regularly is

Avenged Sevenfold
Remenissions
Desecrate Through Reverence
Radiant Eclipse
I Won't See You Tonight Pt. 2
Second Heartbeat

Nothing like their sellout bullshit. A7X is my favorite band and all but their earlier stuff was so much better than their new stuff.

Throwdown
Burial At Sea
Tombs
The Blinding Light
Heading South
Serpent Noose
Ouroboros Rising
Skeleton Vanguard
This Continuum
Becoming [Pantera cover]

I don't know what it is about these guys but I just love listening to them. Probably because they're half metalcore, half groove metal, which I really like (ex: Pantera, who these guys are heavily influenced by).
edit: i just found their cover of Baby Got Back and it's absolutely hilarious

And my latest metalcore obsession, in Parkway Drive...
Samsara
Sleepwalker
Set To Destroy
Home Is For The Heartless
Leviathan I
Wreckage
Pandora
Blackout
Five Months
Carrion
Romance Is Dead
and their absolute best song, Horizons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)