Osama Bin Laden Killed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
Osama was a powerful personal leader, with people who followed him personally, not necessarily his doctrine. There's going to be a backlash to this, it's going to be worse than the occasional mocking video he sends from some cave. We haven't seen the last of this: Osama has been turned into a martyr, and we're all going to see how powerful a martyr can be.
That's what's bothering me too. Even if Osama was responsible for the death of thousands of innocents, we probably would be better with him alive trashtalking Obama than him dead with the whole Al-Qaeda still fully functional. I know Americans wanted revenge, but now we have a terrorist organization which has just lost their leader with nuclear bombs and ready to counter-attack at any time...

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I read somewhere that osama's son, omar, said that if osama died, his next-in-lines would be probably much much worse because they have "more violent minds" and "want to cause more problems"

so yeah this is kinda scary

On the other hand you can hope that without leadership they will be unable to pull off any more significant co-ordinated attacks on the same scale of 9/11 ever again.

Honestly, the only effect this has is symbolic - he's been hiding in a cave for the last ten years, with minimal contact with the rest of al-Qaeda.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I read somewhere that osama's son, omar, said that if osama died, his next-in-lines would be probably much much worse because they have "more violent minds" and "want to cause more problems"

so yeah this is kinda scary
It's like banning Ferrothorn and having Latios and Rain dominating-- oh, fuck pokémon

You sure about those nukes MWL?
Wikileaks is !__! Granted, Wikileaks isn't the word of God, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did have them.

they should just skip the election. Its no way Obama can lose.

Also its a fucking party outside the white house.

That's what's bothering me too. Even if Osama was responsible for the death of thousands of innocents, we probably would be better with him alive trashtalking Obama than him dead with the whole Al-Qaeda still fully functional. I know Americans wanted revenge, but now we have a terrorist organization which has just lost their leader with nuclear bombs and ready to counter-attack at any time...
Uhh, Al-Qaeda does not have nuclear weapons, I'm pretty sure

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
If Al-Qaeda had nukes they would use them already. And I don't think his kids will be as bad. Omar bin Laden has schizophrenia but seems to be against his father. We'll see in the next few weeks what happens. This war is still not over, but we're near the end.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
"took care to avoid civilian causalities"
o_ o.

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)